Hub centric rings - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
1968-2013 Full Size Vans Econolines. E150, E250, E350, E450 and E550

Hub centric rings

Reply

 
 
 
  #1  
Old 06-10-2018, 11:57 PM
6door74
6door74 is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 92
6door74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hub centric rings

Hello all,

I'm awaiting a set of tires to install the Pro Comp 1069 wheels on my 2006 E350. The center bore om the van is 123.9 and the diameter on the wheel is 130.81. Can anyone advise where i can hubcentric rings that big? So far i haven't had any luck.

Thanks
 
Reply With Quote
  #2  
Old 06-11-2018, 08:52 AM
GreeVan's Avatar
GreeVan
GreeVan is offline
Senior User
Join Date: Apr 2015
Posts: 241
GreeVan is starting off with a positive reputation.
If the wheels use acorn type of lug nuts, you do not need the hubcentric rings. The taper of the nuts will center the wheel as you tighten them in the proper star patter. The ring do not support the weight.
 
Reply With Quote
  #3  
Old 06-11-2018, 09:48 AM
6door74
6door74 is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 92
6door74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by GreeVan View Post
If the wheels use acorn type of lug nuts, you do not need the hubcentric rings. The taper of the nuts will center the wheel as you tighten them in the proper star patter. The ring do not support the weight.
Less money i have to spend, sounds good! The lug nuts are the 60 degree acorn type.

Thank you
 
Reply With Quote
  #4  
Old 08-07-2018, 09:54 PM
maf226
maf226 is offline
Junior User
Join Date: Apr 2012
Posts: 66
maf226 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Centric rings

The rings do not support weight,but they certainly do center the wheel so you can torque the lug bolts.That is their purpose.You can get the from Discount Tire,or online at tire rack.com. They are not made because they are unnecessary.
Acorn nuts,and wheels can have wear that will give you balance fits. Get them and use them.
 
Reply With Quote
  #5  
Old 08-08-2018, 07:21 AM
baddad457
baddad457 is offline
Post Fiend
Join Date: May 2003
Location: south louisiana
Posts: 8,772
baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.baddad457 has a great reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by maf226 View Post
The rings do not support weight,but they certainly do center the wheel so you can torque the lug bolts.That is their purpose.You can get the from Discount Tire,or online at tire rack.com. They are not made because they are unnecessary.
Acorn nuts,and wheels can have wear that will give you balance fits. Get them and use them.
I need some with the old aluminum slots I have on my 96 E150. They do help distribute the weight as long as they fit snug. A lot of vehicles now have wheels that are hub centric to support the weight and center the wheels.
 
Reply With Quote
  #6  
Old 08-12-2018, 10:01 AM
gman97005's Avatar
gman97005
gman97005 is offline
Elder User
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: In my house..
Posts: 805
gman97005 has a good reputation on FTE.gman97005 has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by 6door74 View Post
Hello all,

I'm awaiting a set of tires to install the Pro Comp 1069 wheels on my 2006 E350. The center bore om the van is 123.9 and the diameter on the wheel is 130.81. Can anyone advise where i can hubcentric rings that big? So far i haven't had any luck.

Thanks
https://www.uswheeladapters.com/
I purchased the custom plastic rings for $60/set, they reduced vibration and made a noticeable improvement in ride quality, money well spent.
 
Reply With Quote
  #7  
Old 08-18-2018, 01:31 AM
6door74
6door74 is offline
Junior User
Thread Starter
Join Date: Aug 2017
Posts: 92
6door74 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thanks. I just came back from a 1000+ mile round trip road trip and they felt good. There was no vibration but I may get the rings anyway.
 
Reply With Quote
 
 
 
Related Topics
Thread
Thread Starter
Forum
Replies
Last Post
jibronee
1967 - 1972 F-100 & Larger F-Series Trucks
5
12-08-2014 02:52 PM
icentropy
Excursion - King of SUVs
11
09-08-2013 09:35 AM
br42164
1999 to 2016 Super Duty
4
05-23-2013 07:22 AM
raytasch
Brakes, Steering, Suspension, Tires, & Wheels
1
02-02-2013 08:02 PM
rdct
Excursion - King of SUVs
2
05-06-2010 11:26 AM


Thread Tools
Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Hub centric rings


Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.