1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

The Incredible Balancing Philips head screwdriver!

Search this Thread

Old 05-29-2018, 10:11 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,456 Posts
The Incredible Balancing Philips head screwdriver!

This morning I sanded the passenger wing vent glass to make it fit as described in another thread. I then could move the division bar forward to allow the window to roll up and down easier. Then I washed the glass dust off the window and truck and loaded my lawn mower, trimmer and blower.

I mowed 3 family cemetery plots in Highland Cemetery, so named be cause it is built on a hill with lots of sharp turns in the cemetery roads. Then I mowed 4 lawns in various parts of town. Many of our streets are bumpy. There are places that had sewer line repair, gas lines added, etc. and the repairs to the macadam aren't that good.

Anyhow, I just finished mowing my last job and I go get a drink from the jug in my cab before I start trimming. As I am about to open the passenger door I see my screwdriver lying on the front of the flatbed between the edge and the sideboard! Yes, the screwdriver that I used to loosen and then tighten the division bar! After all the turns, bumps, uphill, downhill, braking, etc, it did not fall off!

Here it is as I found it!

Old 05-29-2018, 10:14 PM
artscott61
Fleet Mechanic
Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts
It is probably that new air-ride suspension that you just installed.

Old 05-29-2018, 10:17 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Originally Posted by artscott61
Tru dat!...

Old 05-30-2018, 10:40 AM
pintoplumber
Fleet Mechanic
Received 554 Likes on 266 Posts
Originally Posted by artscott61
No, he just drives like a pappy.

Old 05-30-2018, 10:41 AM
underthebridgejim
FTE fan
Received 7 Likes on 6 Posts
Its funny how some items seem hang on for dear life, while others fall of just going down the driveway. That's Philips must really like you a lot.

Old 05-30-2018, 12:07 PM
Mixer man
Logistics Pro
Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts
That trick didn't work with a machine screw assortment I left on a running board once.

Old 05-30-2018, 01:25 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
Had a gas cap hang on the rear bumper for hundreds of miles . Didn't even move .

Old 05-30-2018, 08:20 PM
Jafo56
Fleet Mechanic
Received 45 Likes on 21 Posts
My container trash can on wheels....I have a long drive way and on trash days I would hop out of my super duty and lean the can over my trailer hitch and tow it up the driveway......one time I was running late for a nite out...drove 7 miles at about 60 mph and got to the bar and a woman asked me " do you always tow your trash can?

Old 05-30-2018, 09:08 PM
artscott61
Fleet Mechanic
Received 78 Likes on 48 Posts
Years ago I had a 62 corvette and was tuning it up and removed my watch that my Dad had given me and laid it on the fender. Finishied the tune up and took car for a drive got back and no watch so retraced the route I took and found the watch ya it was smashed flatter than normal and no worky..I wish I would of had Abe's air -ride

Old 05-30-2018, 09:25 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

My Dad drove a 48 3/4 ton Chevy pickup. He worked nights at a chocolate factory. He had a cup of coffee before work and set the cup on the running board and forgot about it. It was still there when he arrived at work 8 miles later.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:45 PM
pineconeford
Knuckle Bandage Sales Rep

Received 618 Likes on 328 Posts
I'm the guy who sees one single work or ski glove in the road and then starts looking for the second one. If i spot the 2nd one I pull over grab it and then drive back to the first one.
Got some good gloves that way.
People look at you funny pulled over by the side of the road, like you are the moron who left them on the car.....or are picking up tin cans for the 5 cent deposit.
Never happens on a desolate stretch of road.

Old 05-31-2018, 07:59 PM
Doc
Logistics Pro
Received 128 Likes on 55 Posts
I had a goose neck cattle trailer. A bird had built a nest on the edge of the C-channel steel frame behind the tongue. I didn't notice the nest full of baby birds before I hauled a steer 80 miles to a processing plant. As I was unloading the steer, I noticed the nest and the baby birds who survived the first half of the trip. I made a decision to just let them ride back the same way. 160-mile round trip!! I pulled into the yard and parked the trailer in the same spot. Before I could unhook, the mama bird was flying over and feeding them like nothing happened.

Old 05-31-2018, 09:18 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Originally Posted by Doc
I had a goose neck cattle trailer. A bird had built a nest on the edge of the C-channel steel frame behind the tongue. I didn't notice the nest full of baby birds before I hauled a steer 80 miles to a processing plant. As I was unloading the steer, I noticed the nest and the baby birds who survived the first half of the trip. I made a decision to just let them ride back the same way. 160-mile round trip!! I pulled into the yard and parked the trailer in the same spot. Before I could unhook, the mama bird was flying over and feeding them like nothing happened.
Thats awesome, Doc! You are such a nature lover.... giving baby birds a sight seeing trip!

Old 05-31-2018, 09:24 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Originally Posted by pineconeford
I'm the guy who sees one single work or ski glove in the road and then starts looking for the second one. If i spot the 2nd one I pull over grab it and then drive back to the first one.
Got some good gloves that way.
People look at you funny pulled over by the side of the road, like you are the moron who left them on the car.....or are picking up tin cans for the 5 cent deposit.
Never happens on a desolate stretch of road.
I'm the guy that picks up bungee cords when I see them along the road. I learned it from my older brother. Years ago I was driving on interstate 80 with my girlfriend and saw a bungee. I pulled over, backed up and told her to open her door and pick up the bungee. She did and she is now my wife. I guess she passed the test.. However, she does not approve of my habit any longer. It just kills me when we are driving together and I see one and I know I can't get it!!!

Old 06-01-2018, 08:59 AM
ReForder
Fleet Mechanic

Received 167 Likes on 89 Posts
If that was a 10mm socket it would have fallen off when you first started the truck, never to be seen again!

Quick Reply: The Incredible Balancing Philips head screwdriver!