Camper + trailer lights at same time - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Towing Forum > Slide-in / Truck Campers
Reload this Page >

Camper + trailer lights at same time

Notices

Old 05-26-2018, 09:04 AM
tortue71
Senior User
tortue71 is starting off with a positive reputation.

What do you guys do to run both 7 way plugs at the same time ?
i have a 2017 and I figured I could buy the relocate kit to put one in the back of the box which will be great for the fifth wheel anyway. But I was wondering if both will work at the same time ?
I'm not willing to split the wires , I would prefer plug in connector or some kind of adapter

Old 05-26-2018, 03:52 PM
RV_Tech
Post Fiend
RV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputation
No reason they wouldn't. What do you want to do with it?

Old 05-26-2018, 06:53 PM
tortue71
Senior User
Originally Posted by RV_Tech View Post
No reason they wouldn't. What do you want to do with it?
One 7 way for the camper and the other one for the boat, atv trailer ect

Old 05-26-2018, 07:31 PM
RV_Tech
Post Fiend
RV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputationRV_Tech has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by tortue71 View Post
One 7 way for the camper and the other one for the boat, atv trailer ect
Give it a try. Seems fine.

Old 05-27-2018, 12:16 AM
Seabiscuit-P3
Post Fiend
Seabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputationSeabiscuit-P3 has a superb reputation
Granted I have a 1996 which is much older, with the towing package. Wiring harness (original dealer install) runs from under the hood back along the left frame member. It splits underneath the box and runs up to the 7 way about 24" back from the front of the box. I run both the gooseneck and the camper from this plug. Not so much the goose neck anymore as we just don't pull it much anymore. Now the camper for the most part connects to this plug and the boat / other trailers connect to the 7 way on the receiver hitch. I have never gotten into the wiring loom to see exactly how they made the split.

I've never had any problems as long as I run heavy duty electronic flasher units in both the regular turn signals and the 4 way emergency flasher. With both the camper and the boat trailer hooked up, the regular mechanical flasher units, especially the 4 way emergency flasher, don't seem to last very long. The one I dissected was pretty well fried on the contact point. With the heavy duty electronic flashers, I've not had any problems at all.

Old 05-27-2018, 02:27 PM
_hedge_
Freshman User
_hedge_ is starting off with a positive reputation.
You don't need a re-locate kit, the one on the bumper stays where it is. You just buy the harness for the in-bed plug and it plugs into two plugs on the side of the receiver hitch. My '17 came with in bed + bumper and both can bed used at the same time. On past trucks I've intalled the no-splice splitter to add an in-bed plug.

Old 05-27-2018, 03:40 PM
RV_Tech
Post Fiend
Same here.

Old 05-30-2018, 09:09 AM
greendragon.
Freshman User
greendragon. is starting off with a positive reputation.
Ford sells the hook up for $107.00. that way your bumper connector is free and you have your plug in the bed

Old 05-30-2018, 12:20 PM
Optimistic Paranoid
Junior User
Optimistic Paranoid is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by greendragon. View Post
Ford sells the hook up for $107.00. that way your bumper connector is free and you have your plug in the bed
I - THINK - this is the part, and this place sells it cheaper.

https://www.silverstatefordparts.com...sy-bc3z13a576a

Old 05-30-2018, 03:00 PM
SDcrewzer
Posting Guru
SDcrewzer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Check out this 7-pin "Y" adapter.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

Old 05-30-2018, 04:39 PM
redmt79
Senior User
redmt79 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.redmt79 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Hopkins has a kit for this, what I used on my 2006. It is plug and play, and cheaper than the Ford part.

Amazon Amazon

Old 05-31-2018, 10:23 PM
tortue71
Senior User
Originally Posted by SDcrewzer View Post
Check out this 7-pin "Y" adapter.

HTH,
Jim / crewzer
Thats what I was looking for but they don't seem to ship to Canada

Old 06-01-2018, 02:23 AM
RV_Tech
Post Fiend
Also on Ebay and likely other places as well. https://www.ebay.com/i/372102967407?chn=ps

Old 06-01-2018, 07:11 AM
SDcrewzer
Posting Guru
SDcrewzer is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Lightbulb

Originally Posted by tortue71 View Post
Thats what I was looking for but they don't seem to ship to Canada
Give 'em a call or send an email:

HTH,
Jim / crewzer

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.

• Ask a Question
    Get answers from community experts
Question Title:
Description:
Your question will be posted in: