Are these electrical problems related (fuel and ambient temp) - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Are these electrical problems related (fuel and ambient temp)

Notices
1999 - 2003 7.3L Power Stroke Diesel  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Old 05-17-2018, 11:29 PM
Nader
Senior User
Nader is starting off with a positive reputation.

Recently, I noticed my fuel gauge intermittently reading full while I had half a tank, and my ambient temperature readout on the overhead console was erratically reading low by about 40. Sometimes these would be corrected (temporarily) by switching the truck off and back on. Are these two issues related by a single electrical glitch? I know my truck had some moisture in it over the winter, probably through the cab lights. I've fixed that, but am still stuck with this electrical gremlin. I find it suspicious that these two electrical issues popped up at the same time after the moisture issue, leading me to think there must be a unifying diagnosis. Any ideas? Thanks.

Old Today, 08:10 AM
jimjokjv
Senior User
jimjokjv is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Did you get this solved?
I had a similar problem and changing the electrical switch under the column that is activated by turning the key definitely helped.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.