1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

What's Up With Midfifty?

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2018, 07:23 PM
52 Merc
Hotshot
Received 2,451 Likes on 1,398 Posts
Originally Posted by ALBUQ F-1
It sounds like MF's software is pricing shipping as if each item were going in its own box. I can imagine it's a tough job for a computer to figure out how many items can fit in a single box, in which size box, etc.
This was my thought, as well. Maybe I'm talking out of turn, but it seems that a simple phone call could have straightened out the shipping issue and everyone would have been happy. If, after speaking directly with a decision maker at MF there was still no satisfaction, then I can agree it could be time to move on. I would think they would want to know their website is driving away business so they can have an opportunity to correct the situation, and make things right with their customers.

Old 06-10-2018, 07:59 PM
JakRak
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 52 Merc
This was my thought, as well. Maybe I'm talking out of turn, but it seems that a simple phone call could have straightened out the shipping issue and everyone would have been happy. If, after speaking directly with a decision maker at MF there was still no satisfaction, then I can agree it could be time to move on. I would think they would want to know their website is driving away business so they can have an opportunity to correct the situation, and make things right with their customers.
I wish I could say that was the case, but after placing an order by phone for a radiator I bought from them last June, they still wanted to charge me nearly $100 shipping. You can bet that I voiced my displeasure with them over that, but it didn't change my shipping quote (and I'm not sure why you think it would).

Also, given that they have a website and an online checkout, I don't think you should have to call them to "discuss" the shipping charges. If the software they use to calculate shipping is lacking, it's up to them - not the consumer - to address the issue. Just my two pennies.

Old 06-29-2018, 05:13 PM
Felix Schweizer
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Poorest customer service ever!

I was just trying to put in an order at MF for 5(!) weeks! Nobody called or emailed back for the first 2 weeks. Them finally I got hold of a girl who took on the order(total amount of 11800$ !!!). After another 3 Weeks of forth and back because of wrong parts, wrong shipping adress etc. another girl tells me they can‘t accept credit cards for first time customers! Only Paypal, but i don‘t have a paypal account and I don‘t want one. Got in contact with vintage ford.com now and hope they get this done...-are they comparable quality wise? I really do not want to spend this money with MF anymore; whats the best competitor?

thanks

felix

Old 06-29-2018, 09:18 PM
bhalemail
Elder User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've had very good luck and service from MidFifty so i can't comment other than to state my case that i was never jerked around by them
I think since they brought on the 48-52 line they seem maybe a little stretched but I'm glad we have alll these vendors and i try to spread my purchases around depending on the needs.

There are plenty out there. Dennis Carpenter, LMC Truck, Midwest early ford, Chucks Trucks, MAC's....etc....
I think you'll find that most of them sell the same stuff, at least in my experience.