Sponsored by: DP Tuner

Turbo turbo turbo

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2018, 02:09 PM
Treydowg123
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Turbo turbo turbo

I have a 2000 7.3 f350. 298,000. Last time truck was running goood was right before turbo failed 0 psi blowing white smoke had to drive a little ways and truck shut it self down. Gets crazy from here tried to save buck or two so took it to a different diesel shop, 1st mistake. They put a new oem turbo in then call me and tell me can't get it to run now after new turbo installed. So sending it to Ford. Ford gets it says pcm fried they put new pcm I get truck back and it runs for a day next day come out turn key and wait start light doesn't come on instantly knew wasn't going to start so I try and of course nothing so Ford gets truck back. Then they call me and say now this pcm is fried so they back there stuff and say could of been bad pcm. So they put another new pcm in and I get it back runs for two days then back to no start but have wait to start light and pcm is fine. Ran roughhh before it didn't start. Would get a lope in idle and loss of power and when I would put it almost to the floor it would kind of cut out and not come alive like it did before. Any info/ideas would be appreciated. Other info about the truck beans diesel performance tuned, t&s 6stg chip. Shift kit(bullydog), Banks trans command n banks torque converter. 120 c.c injectors. And just looked on my radiator resivor and there's oil all in it so I know that's oil cooler job but I'm guessing some debris got in there possibly from turbo. I have a long job ahead but so far been checking sensors and cleaning/checking ground wires. Drove it to the rig for 4 years when I roughnecked on oil rigs so it's been in dusty environments part it's life but always kept air filter clean. Need some help need her back on the road.

Old 04-12-2018, 02:30 PM
caedo
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
First thing, remove your chip and keep it out until your problem has been diagnosed.
Second, you said your injectors are 120cc, are they stock?
Check for blow-by.
Oil in coolant is likely oil cooler failure, but could be head gaskets too (unlikely).
Were any of these symptoms present before your turbo blew? and how did you know it was the turbo? did the seal blow on the turbine side?
Make sure your UVCH connections are tight and secure.
Do you have any sort of diagnostic software? OBD II reader of any sort (AutoEnginuity, TorquePro, FORScan)? or any autoshop should have a generic code reader at the least.

Old 04-12-2018, 05:15 PM
Treydowg123
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yee

Chip has been unplugged since before install of first new pcm . Previous owner tells me 120 c.c injectors "i think" (slap) after already bought it. Seen my boost gauge drop to zero and heard change in sound I could definitely tell esp when it went clunk one last time, shaft split in half so you can guess what happened newish ww2 bye byeee lol I have it right in front of me looks pretty bad both sides. Checked boots on spider. Going to do the oil cooler and flushing tomorrow before I even attempt to start, replaced ipr pigtail and eot sensor and eop sensor today. Decided if anyone's going to mess something up working on it it's going to be me worked to hard for this ol girl to let someone else touch her. You live and learn though. Thanks for the reply it is greatly appreciated.