2015 - 2020 F150 Discuss the 2015 - 2020 Ford F150
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

2018 F-150 XLT Water Leak

Search this Thread

Old 07-06-2018, 02:24 AM
JKBrad
Received 804 Likes on 589 Posts
It could be that the windshield isn’t properly sealed. It happens every so often. The fix is a new windshield, since the original one cant be resealed.

Old 07-06-2018, 08:21 PM
Kenneth Culp
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
2018 F150 Water Leak Update

I just talked to a dealer who employs a "Water Doctor" to resolve these issues on the F150s.

A "Water Doctor"??? Does that tell you how extensive this problem is???

The "Water Doctor" told me that he repairs 5 - 7 of these F150s every week.

He has crews in WV, TN and KY.

I am attaching a photo of the water in the channel underneath the drivers step plate.

It's about 3" deep.

The carpet wicks this water which is what is causing the carpets to be wet - it is not dripping on the carpet.

Picture of water in channel underneath the drivers step plate. Hard to see but it has filled up the entire channel.

I cannot tell whether it is coming from the front or the back because the channel runs the length of the cab.

Why hasn't Ford issued a service bulletin or a recall on this???

I am not the only one having this problem.

Old 07-07-2018, 04:00 AM
Crop Duster
Logistics Pro

Received 521 Likes on 414 Posts
That channel is doing a fantastic job of protecting those wires. I hope there aren't any connectors in there.

Old 07-07-2018, 10:05 AM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Crop Duster
Try this. The AC drain on my 2010 plugged up and was filling the passenger side floor with water. The tech at the dealer said the only way he could fix it was to pull the dash because he couldn't even see the drain pipe because it was behind the engine. I said no, I would deal with it. On my way home I got up to 75 with the windows open and the AC on high blower. I closed the windows. It took a week for my ears to unstop but it blew whatever was in the drain out.
I don't think the AC condensation would drain to the driver-side but I've seen stranger things happen. I had s fairly new 2008 Ford Fusion that had a problem with an AC condensation leak that require the dealer to remove the complete dash. I was amazed as to how quickly the dash was removed and re-installed. It tool less than 3 hours and I was on my way.

Old 07-09-2018, 09:30 AM
Cricket8
New User
2018 F250 with no sunroof and wet carpet on drivers floorboard. The dealership has done a water test on the windshield with no water showing up. Going to test the third brake light, rear glass and door seals. Any updates on sources/solutions for this problem on other vehicles with this issue?

Old 07-13-2018, 09:21 AM
Caleb Adcock
New User
2017 F150 water is spilling from door track under trim onto driver side floor board. Noticed it a week ago after heavy rains but assumed the AC. No rain for a few days and no water even with AC blasted. Rained last night and sure enough water is back. Would like to just fix this myself rather than dealing with a dealer who just wants to get me out of their hair. Please post fixes for driver side water if found.

No sunroof or back sliding glass on this model.

Old 07-13-2018, 11:16 AM
ecoboost12
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Try this before you shut your truck off turn off all of the Vents and Recirculation by hitting the off button all of the lights should be off on the Panel for
the HVAC control even shut off the fan,I had a Vent or Blend door that allowed water in from under the Dash and Soak the drivers side Floor,and check
under the Dash for water marks.

Old 07-31-2018, 06:58 AM
Freddy Baggett
New User
Water leak 2018 F-150 King Ranch

I'm having the same water leak issue on my 2018 King Ranch. Doesn't matter if it rains outside or I go through a car wash, the door(s) on the drivers side are not only leaking, they are holding water and not draining, I can hear the water sloshing around, need to take to my dealer to see if they can figure out the issue.

Old 07-31-2018, 01:48 PM
ecoboost12
Elder User
Just stick a Zip Tie up the drain slot in the bottom of the Doors, something is stuck in there don't let the Dealer take the door panels apart, just asking for more problems.

Old 07-31-2018, 10:30 PM
AbitaPro
Senior User
Leaks

Originally Posted by vnleclaire
I've owned 2 F150's and 3 Ford Rangers and have never had a leak in the cab in any of them. Are you sure that someone didn't spill liquid that got under the floor mats? Either way I would like to know what you find out. Repost and let us know.
The 2015 and up models have been known to have multiple leak points, besides those with the panoramic glass roofs. In front of the cab, behind the dash, I believe one, then another was back of the cab, cab vents, or missing plugs.

Old 08-04-2018, 11:15 AM
ecoboost12
Elder User
You know Guys I wonder if its coming in between the door gasket and the Body,When I close the doors in my Supercab they don't feel like they're closed I'm constantly Reclosing my doors
,I saw you had your door sill full of water and it wet the carpets.Take it to a Auto car wash and you'll see where its coming in

Old 08-04-2018, 03:35 PM
Jjmj2077
New User
Unhappy

Originally Posted by Kenneth Culp
I just talked to a dealer who employs a "Water Doctor" to resolve these issues on the F150s.

A "Water Doctor"??? Does that tell you how extensive this problem is???

The "Water Doctor" told me that he repairs 5 - 7 of these F150s every week.

He has crews in WV, TN and KY.

I am attaching a photo of the water in the channel underneath the drivers step plate.

It's about 3" deep.

The carpet wicks this water which is what is causing the carpets to be wet - it is not dripping on the carpet.

Picture of water in channel underneath the drivers step plate. Hard to see but it has filled up the entire channel.

I cannot tell whether it is coming from the front or the back because the channel runs the length of the cab.

Why hasn't Ford issued a service bulletin or a recall on this???

I am not the only one having this problem.
My 2017 f150xl bottom of the line, looks just like that except I have some stuff growing.... It is coming from under the dash, far left drivers side (what I personally saw). its in the shop now, been there 20 days.
They said they found 3 leaks and have another one they need to pull the dash for. I am driving a much nicer "rental" they supplied, but I want mine back. I am scared to use this one because if it gets dinged or scratched or anything it will cost me my deductible.
I love my truck but I am going to ask for the lemon law deal in 10 days.

Old 08-04-2018, 03:44 PM
Jjmj2077
New User

This is it
Went on a while before I noticed it. My hearing is not that great, but the smell got me......uuuugh

Old 09-04-2018, 02:47 PM
bosburn05
New User
Just purchased 2018 F-150 last Friday, took it back yesterday because of a water issue like these here. They called me today and let me know that they found the issue, it was a cab vent on the back of the cab between the truck cab and bed, it was not sealing properly and was letting water in. They are replacing both driver and passenger side vents as well as the carpet so there will not be a mold issue.

Not sure if this will help you with your problems or not but its worth looking in to....assuming my ford service guys know what they are talking about!

Old 10-03-2018, 10:22 AM
RossKevin
New User
Well just joined as I had to drop off our 2017 King Ranch at dealer. Water leaking from passenger side post, near Windshield. Unsure where leak is originating. But the mats, carpet are soaked and sounds like an ocean sloshing when you come to a stop under passenger seat area. Just sic about it. Will see what the remedy is. But as an electrical engineer... water and electronics do not play well together. :{

Quick Reply: 2018 F-150 XLT Water Leak