Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/index.php)
-   2015 - 2020 F150 (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum276/)
-   -   2018 F-150 XLT Water Leak (https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1532815-2018-f-150-xlt-water-leak.html)

jcd390 03-19-2018 10:58 AM

2018 F-150 XLT Water Leak

Well it hasn't been even two months and my new truck is leaking water! Just found it yesterday, I picked up my husky mat and found mold/mildew underneath with the carpet wet. Luckily, it wasn't soaked but enough to make you mad. I checked the door channel were the wiring is located, not water so that's good. I am bringing it to the shop next Tuesday for them to look at along with the fact that my reserve went out on me this weekend for a short period. As a new car owner and first time Ford owner lets just say I'm not impressed so far...

tthamel 03-19-2018 11:42 AM

lol so you dont know where the leak is and its a ford problem? 10 bucks the SO spilled something that got under the mats :-drink

jcd390 03-19-2018 12:17 PM

Thanks, can I up your bet to $100. Ten dollars can’t even buy lunch!

Terryd91 03-19-2018 01:49 PM

I haven't seen it much here but there have been a number of post in forums about people having leak issues, but i thought they were mostly '15's.

jcd390 03-19-2018 03:00 PM

Terry, I have noticed a few post on water leaking in the 2018 on some of the other forums (F150forum.com) but it has not been many. I'm hopeful that it is something minor, the dealer didn't seem to be too concerned. They were more concerned with my reverse going out then the water leak.

vnleclaire 03-19-2018 03:43 PM

I've owned 2 F150's and 3 Ford Rangers and have never had a leak in the cab in any of them. Are you sure that someone didn't spill liquid that got under the floor mats? Either way I would like to know what you find out. Repost and let us know.

jcd390 03-19-2018 03:49 PM

In the two months I have had the truck I have not had a single drink in my truck nor have I had anyone ride with me. The day I found the water it rain that night and then I washed in the following evening. I can promise you its not from a drink. A guy in my office thinks it might be a windshield issue as he had the same problem on his 2014 F150. I'll keep you guys posted as the dealer will be looking into it next week.

JKBrad 03-19-2018 04:16 PM

My first thought was also the windshield. The bead of adhesive may not have been sufficiently applied. It happens sometimes.

The only leaks I can recall reading about on the 2015s was more of a wind/air leak rather than water.

jcd390 03-21-2018 03:18 PM

UPDATE: So I headed to New Orleans yesterday and whenever I got back from my trip my floor board on driver side was once again wet. Well now I am starting to think it might be AC drain line as opposed to a exterior leak. Considering I bought the truck in Feb and never ran the AC until just recently would explain why I am just now noticing the leak. In addition, it did not rain yesterday so there is no way that water could enter from the exterior. So today I tested my theory and ran my AC for about an hour, low and behold.....wet floor board again! Still plan on bringing it to the shop next Tuesday to confirm........I'll keep y'all posted.

storage_man 03-21-2018 04:57 PM

Originally Posted by jcd390 (Post 17877538)
UPDATE: So I headed to New Orleans yesterday and whenever I got back from my trip my floor board on driver side was once again wet. Well now I am starting to think it might be AC drain line as opposed to a exterior leak. Considering I bought the truck in Feb and never ran the AC until just recently would explain why I am just now noticing the leak. In addition, it did not rain yesterday so there is no way that water could enter from the exterior. So today I tested my theory and ran my AC for about an hour, low and behold.....wet floor board again! Still plan on bringing it to the shop next Tuesday to confirm........I'll keep y'all posted.

I'll bet that the drain hose from the evaporator, is disconnected or was never installed. With you living in a very Humid part of the country, the AC is removing moisture big time.

Get it in to the dealer and tell them what you found.

jcd390 03-29-2018 10:18 AM

UPDATE: FORD is claiming since I have installed an aftermarket floor mat (Husky Liner X-act), that the mats are not allowing the carpet to "breathe" since they cover the entire carpet area and are condensating between the mat and carpet. I am calling BS but they have agreed to put in the Ford rubber mats and drive the car around town to determine if any condensation builds up. It would be great if the issue is something as simple and silly as the mat but I still remain skeptical. I guess time will tell...They are test driving it now...Anyone else ever heard of this?

Terryd91 03-29-2018 10:24 AM

Yeah it's bs, I have weathertechs and my carpet is bone dry.

CR172 03-29-2018 10:25 AM

Originally Posted by jcd390 (Post 17892929)
UPDATE: FORD is claiming since I have installed an aftermarket floor mat (Husky Liner X-act), that the mats are not allowing the carpet to "breathe" since they cover the entire carpet area and are condensating between the mat and carpet. I am calling BS but they have agreed to put in the Ford rubber mats and drive the car around town to determine if any condensation builds up. It would be great if the issue is something as simple and silly as the mat but I still remain skeptical. I guess time will tell...They are test driving it now...Anyone else ever heard of this?

I call BS as well. As JKBrad said in another thread, Ford is really messed up when it comes to parts and warranty coverage.

jr105 03-29-2018 10:30 AM

Did they even check the AC drain line before they blamed your Husky mats?

jcd390 03-29-2018 10:56 AM

Originally Posted by jr105 (Post 17892957)
Did they even check the AC drain line before they blamed your Husky mats?

They said they water tested from the outside and checked the AC Drain line, once the shop could not locate the issue they called ford hotline. The Ford hotline had them test some items then concluded that it was the mat.

I just got off the phone with one of the Husky Mat engineers and he had tend to agree. He found it strange that Ford would blame the mat since they also have their own line of rubber mats. He did tell me to keep him posted and if the mat was the issue he would refund my money or provide me with a different line.