1957 - 1960 F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Box Style Ford Trucks

My 1957 F100 build

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2022, 02:46 AM
G-Force junky
More Turbo
Received 24 Likes on 23 Posts
I apologize for not posting much lately although I have a handful of different areas of the truck I’m working on at once because I’m waiting on things to be able to finish any one portion but yes there has been progress.
I’ve been working on the front bumper which I cut three inches off the front of the frame but forgot to take before during and after pictures although I will post some after pictures lol.
My goal is to assemble and drive it for a week or so before I blow it apart and paint so I do have it full of fluids and have started and ran it at operating temperature and everything is working well so far so I’m very happy about that. I had to have a little bit of tuning done before starting it as I installed a ported 2018 mustang gt intake manifold on my 2015 engine so the ecm had to be set up for the newer intake runner controls.
I finally finished making the Baer brake master cylinder adapter. This was not an easy feat! I still have to anodize it so when that is done I will post the all about it.
I’m almost done the custom billet aluminum battery tray which is holding up the completion of the wiring.
I’m almost done my dimmer/high been switch relocation project which I think is kinda cool but everyone else can be the judge of that.
The gauges and billet bezel have all been wired and installed.
And after a lot of time spent fat shaming and anorexic dieting of the factory mustang wiring harness I’m happy with the results.

Old 11-30-2022, 03:56 AM
G-Force junky
More Turbo

Here are the before and after pictures of the wiring harness.

After painstakingly going through and modifying this harness for myself and two of my friends harnesses I have decided to offer my services to anyone who have the factory harness and necessary parts to run the coyote engine (2015-2017 only, for now) and doesn’t want to spend the small fortune on the ford controls pack I can tailor the harness to your needs.
You will have to send me your harness obviously.
I can set it up for the original style returnless fuel pump or a return style fuel pump with either single, double or even triple pump setup. Everything will be installed into the factory fuse box using the oem relays so no extra relay banks will have to be mounted anywhere else because after removing all the unnecessary stuff I creates extra room in the fuse box.
The factory cooling fan circuit is utilized as well so no extra controls are required.
I have the proper pin crimping tool and I’ve purchased the proper pins for the ford fuse box.
You can utilize the horn circuit, cigarette lighter designated switched power etc.
All wires will be labeled and you will get a new laminated fuse box legend.
You will need to have pats removed from the PCM in order for this harness to work and I can provide a contact for that if needed (things may change and I may be able to do it myself in the future but not at this time)
If anyone has any questions please pm me.

Old 11-30-2022, 05:33 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

Received 684 Likes on 612 Posts
Pretty cool stuff. It appears you eliminated nearly half of it! Looking forward to your pics.

Old 11-30-2022, 05:54 PM
G-Force junky
More Turbo
Originally Posted by spurredon
Pretty cool stuff. It appears you eliminated nearly half of it! Looking forward to your pics.

Thanks spurredon!!! But you might wanna have a closer look because I’ve removed roughly 70to80%

Old 11-30-2022, 05:57 PM
G-Force junky
More Turbo
Here’s the pictures of the dimmer/high beam switch relocation.

Old 11-30-2022, 06:01 PM
G-Force junky
More Turbo
Yes, I know it says choke, but I think I heard somewhere that “choke” means dimmer switch in one of the other languages so yeah…

Enjoy!

Old 11-30-2022, 11:01 PM
Archie’s Beater
Mountain Pass
Received 43 Likes on 36 Posts
Criky Batman you been busy. Outstanding work as always. Depending on my means of propulsion, I may reach out to you for trimming the harness. I’m not sure I have the time (patience) for something like that again.

Old 12-01-2022, 05:57 PM
spurredon
Fleet Owner

Received 684 Likes on 612 Posts
Originally Posted by G-Force junky
Yes, I know it says choke, but I think I heard somewhere that “choke” means dimmer switch in one of the other languages so yeah…

Enjoy!
I think it is very cool. It fits right in with your normal procedure of over building while maintaining a superior amount of, " wow, that is cool the way he did that"!
So, is it almost like a sickness or what? LOL LOL

Old 12-03-2022, 01:11 PM
G-Force junky
More Turbo
Wow spurredon, thank you! Your compliments are far better than I’m used to! And lol I think you might be on to something hahaha. I wasn’t trying to make something crazy, I just needed a new place for the dimmer because after modifying the inner fenders it put the switch in the wheel well where it wouldn’t last long so I had to figure something else out and since I wanted to keep all the cool factor ***** I thought it was only fitting to utilize it.

Old 12-03-2022, 01:16 PM
G-Force junky
More Turbo
Parts

If anyone is interested in any of my parts please inquire and group buy’s would definitely bring the price down.

Old 03-17-2023, 11:27 AM
GT350CROWNVIC
1st Gear
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by G-Force junky
If anyone is interested in any of my parts please inquire and group buy’s would definitely bring the price down.
Hey, i know this thread is old now but trying to get in touch with you for the brackets for the GT350 to crown vic kit you made. Are those brackets custom made by you or did you buy them. I have calipers and rotors off a GT350 already. Thank you!

Old 03-21-2023, 12:09 AM
G-Force junky
More Turbo
Pm me and we’ll talk

Old 04-10-2023, 11:36 PM
G-Force junky
More Turbo
So I’ve been plugging along and I’ve got myself into so many different parts of the build that it’s hard to show progress pictures. Anyway here’s one I forgot to take more pictures of and forgot to post. I cut off three inches of the front frame to mount the front bumper a bit closer.

Old 04-10-2023, 11:43 PM
G-Force junky
More Turbo
I almost finished my battery tray. I just have to have it anodized. I milled a pocket into the front from the inside so the battery slides into it and the hold down clamp screws into the bottom and is hidden. The battery flares out on the bottom front and back so I utilized that to make it look cleaner.

Old 04-11-2023, 12:06 AM
G-Force junky
More Turbo
She is running but not driving yet so here is a little teaser

Attached Files
File Type: mov
IMG_9070.MOV (14.36 MB, 47 views)

Quick Reply: My 1957 F100 build