2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Let's see your garage/shop pics!

Search this Thread

Old 03-15-2018, 06:40 PM
Sterling_47ag
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Skip1970
i love everything about a large shop except the cost to heat them.
Yep for sure, I keep at 50 when not there and open the big door as little and quickly as possible. Lol! That said it's insulated well and I have painted black aluminum panels on inside of windows. Amazing the heat that comes off them when the sun is shining on them. Remove them while I'm there for the added natural light.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:03 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSteam
f350ktm.... I would have loved a shop like that when I owned my 2005 1000rr!
That's mine, I hope to have a KTM RC8 in there soon. Honda 1000RR or BMW? Either one is a great bike, but man are those Beemers sweet twisty machines.

Old 03-15-2018, 08:13 PM
lotsofords
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Lots of nice garages. Ok, I'll play. My 350 sits outside, but it does fit inside when needed. Being in Arizona, its not heated, but it is cooled.

Old 03-15-2018, 09:35 PM
NorEasterMA
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Sterling_47ag
I never showed an outside pic of my garage/shop we call the "bunkhouse". Added some outdoor lights last fall for looks & security. Turned out good.
That post frame building style is awesome, love the two-tone sheet metal!

Old 03-15-2018, 09:36 PM
TX03RUBI
Senior User
Man these make me jealous. I don’t have any pics of it, but luckily my garage is just large enough to fit my 350 CCLB with front and rear bumpers and 37” tires. It has about 4” clearance front to back, and 1/4” clearance from the roof. Tons of side to side clearance even with our 4Runner in at the same time luckily though.

Old 03-15-2018, 10:29 PM
f350ktm
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSteam
....f350ktm.... I would have loved a shop like that when I owned my 2005 1000rr!....
As stated above that shop is Tricon's. Way nicer than mine.

Assuming you speak here of the BMW S1000RR here is our BMW GSW. This Telelever suspended bike is amazing for long hours in the saddle.
Throw on a pair of Heidenau K60's and we ride 2 up on any road surface under any weather condition all day long.
The perfect balance of performance and comfort.

Come to think of it, I don't think the BMW 1000RR came out until '09 or so, you meant the Honda.

Old 03-16-2018, 02:49 AM
flanneljunkie
Tuned
Received 75 Likes on 28 Posts
now thats a nice car
Originally Posted by InkMing
Was thinking the same thing.
Thank you! It belonged to my father-in-law, but was sold off a few years ago. My wife and I would love to purchase it back, but with a 1 year old at home and my wife becoming a stay at home mom, it's not really in the cards right now.

OK, I'll play along. This we refer to as the "bunkhouse" its a pole barn with live in quarters. 1/2 cold storage, other half is shop and live in quarters with a loft above the live in quarters. My in laws built this so they could downsize off their farm. As business owners they then would have a place when the weather got bad to not have to drive far from their business. Well 6mo after being built my father in law had a massive heart attack that lead to a forced retirement. So...myself being a small business owner this allowed me to move my stuff in and buy them out. Only issue its about 45 min from my house and my wife will not move back to her home town where this is near. lol! Oh well we have hunting ground near so this also serves as my hunting "Cabin"
Also, is a pic of my drag truck, one of many reasons I stepped up to a super duty was to pull my car hauler for the drag truck. Cool to see other motor heads on here as well. And other yamaha sled owners!!
Beautiful shop and truck. Sorry to hear about your dad's forced retirement. Several years ago, my step father was forced into retirement due to a broken back about 6 months before his planned retirement. 35+ years of truck driving and he was so close to finishing on his own terms.

Originally Posted by 69cj
Gorgeous!

Originally Posted by Rdaglock
recent man cave build
Originally Posted by KyF350
I'll play. 30' deep, 45' wide.
One day my garage will be as clean as yours...

Originally Posted by First Dually
Just about complete. 46'x64'x12+. Drive through with 3 doors each end, Doors 12' wide, 4x 10' high, and 2x 15' high.
Originally Posted by brandon4
Framers finished yesterday. Master bedroom is upstairs.
Those are massive garages! I could only dream of having so much space.

Originally Posted by 64f10
Running out of room...
Story of my life!

Originally Posted by disker
time to go fishin!
Awesome to see that you take your hobby seriously! I like the tape/paint on the floor for your parking stall. I've considered doing something like that to help my wife when she backs into the garage.

I never showed an outside pic of my garage/shop we call the "bunkhouse". Added some outdoor lights last fall for looks & security. Turned out good.
The lights compliment the building nicely, and definitely light it up at night.

i love everything about a large shop except the cost to heat them.
No kidding! $300/mo to heat my 2700 square foot house w/ attached garage. Couldn't imagine heating some of these "barns".

Old 03-16-2018, 02:56 AM
flanneljunkie
Tuned
Received 75 Likes on 28 Posts
I just realized how few pictures I have of my garage. Definitely wish I had more room, but it works for storage, parking, workshop, etc. I've been doing more DIY projects around the house for my wife, made her a sign board and some planter boxes. Also upgraded my 3rd gen 4Runner with Toyota Tundra front disc brakes; what a world of difference. In the end, my little 24x24 gets the job done for our daily drivers and whatnot. Thank you everyone for posting!

Old 03-16-2018, 06:55 AM
Xwild
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by First Dually
There were several iterations before the final truss design was selected. The pitch in the interior accommodates the high center doors and ceiling height for a lift without the side walls being crazy high. To make things interesting, the garage is located in a high snowfall area of central NY (Tug Hill). And...I'm from the school that no matter where a post is placed, it will be in the way!
Did you have someone local build it? I'm quoting a good sized building right now (30x64 encosed, with a 24 foot overhang - so 54ft trusses). Amazing how hard it is to find a contractor that will regularly communicate.

Old 03-16-2018, 08:02 AM
johnboy74
New User
Too many toys and not enough room for the big F250

I think I need a bigger garage!

Old 03-16-2018, 08:27 AM
Bill_The_PA
Posting Guru
Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by johnboy74
I think I need a bigger garage!
now that I’ve up sized my Rig, I need a bigger barn for her. Well that’s what I said to my wife. She said yeah and that’s where you’ll be staying. Can’t really find a down side here. It’s a win win. Besides she can’t cut me off, she don’t know where’re I’m getting it lol. JK wifee poo if your trolling lol.

Old 03-16-2018, 09:42 AM
wizkid00104
Cargo Master
Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by lotsofords
Lots of nice garages. Ok, I'll play. My 350 sits outside, but it does fit inside when needed. Being in Arizona, its not heated, but it is cooled.

One of my favorites so far! Please tell me that is an original cobra

Old 03-16-2018, 11:16 AM
First Dually
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Xwild
Did you have someone local build it? I'm quoting a good sized building right now (30x64 encosed, with a 24 foot overhang - so 54ft trusses). Amazing how hard it is to find a contractor that will regularly communicate.
Yes, the builder was reasonably local...he is located maybe 30 miles away. Northern Central NY is rather rural, so 30 miles is "local".

Old 03-16-2018, 06:28 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by Tricon
That's mine, I hope to have a KTM RC8 in there soon. Honda 1000RR or BMW? Either one is a great bike, but man are those Beemers sweet twisty machines.
It was a 2005 Honda CBR 1000rr.... Ive got just a couple pictures I can still find.

This is the oldest picture I have.

This is from the day I sold it....

Also from the sale day.

Mileage at sale

This was from the first "for sale" add. I pulled the cover off and it was super dusty

last one....dusty from storage

Old 03-16-2018, 06:39 PM
Jace2016
Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
johnboy74

The 1986 350X in the background sure brought back some memories! Awesome machine and yours looks new at 30+ years old! Hold on to that one!

Quick Reply: Let's see your garage/shop pics!