General NON-Automotive Conversation No Political, Sexual or Religious topics please.

Ford and peta?

Search this Thread

Old 09-16-2003, 06:52 PM
tazfords
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Ford and peta?

I heard a rumor that Ford supports P.E.T.A. Is this true?

Old 09-16-2003, 07:12 PM
Fordlover55
Still kicking!!

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Ford and peta?

Well, the way big corporations like to give money to feel good groups, I probably wouldn't doubt it a bit.
But Ill be danged if Im going to switch brands of vehicle. I'm also a Mtn Dew freak.... and the fact that they donate towards gun control urks me more than I can get away with saying here. How many options do we have .... really.... if we don't buy American products, then we are just as bad as those we hate.

Old 09-16-2003, 08:31 PM
OldSkoolRacer
Senior User
Ford and peta?

Wouldnt hurt to write to them and tell them how you feel. I am sure going to after I get off of the boards, and if enough people do it, they may listen and start supporting the NRA or some other decent group.

Old 09-16-2003, 08:46 PM
jskufan
Posting Guru
Ford and peta?

People for the Ethical Treatment of Animals (PETA). Enlighten me, what could possibly be wrong with supporting PETA? I support the Humane Society and am wondering what PETA does to get on the wrong side of this thread?

Old 09-16-2003, 08:52 PM
OldSkoolRacer
Senior User
Ford and peta?

Humane Society is good. PETA thinks that animals are people too, that fishing and hunting should be illegal, and they throw red paint(symbolizing blood) on people wearing fur coats. There was even a PETA billboard up for a while depicting a dog with a hook in its mouth and the caption "if you wouldnt do it to a dog, why do it to a fish". These people are seriously retarded.

Old 09-16-2003, 09:09 PM
MuchToMyDelight
Posting Guru
Ford and peta?

Originally posted by OldSkoolRacer
These people are seriously retarded.
And they have never tasted a "seven dollar burger" from hardees! Those puppies are yummy to my tummy!!
You are right. Humane Society=good PETA=hippies

Old 09-16-2003, 10:15 PM
natewoz
Elder User
Ford and peta?

I belong to PETA- People Eating Tasty Animals!!!!

Old 09-16-2003, 10:19 PM
whistler
Senior User
Ford and peta?

jskufan--

Do you support the Humane Society of the United States (HSUS) or your local humane society? Because there is a big difference.

That chicken dinner you had last night? PETA and HSUS both want to stop that. The shot of insulin your diabetic uncle needs every day that is most likely manufactured using pigs? Start planning the funeral now. The research using rats that promises to help fight your wife's breast cancer? Don't think so. Have leather shoes? Well, you get the idea.

Basically these two organizations, PETA and HSUS, are totally against the use of animals by humans. This includes all the above mentioned scenarios (even eating honey is a form of exploitation of bees and their efforts to live life as they see fit).

I understand the need for humane treatment of animal be they in research, on farms, or in our homes. But they are not the equivalent of human beings as PETA or HSUS proclaim.

My 2 cents worth.

Whistler

Old 09-17-2003, 12:30 AM
fordmarshall111
Senior User
Ford and peta?

PETA attacks and kills animal researchers. they've been connected with planted bombs and such. they're absolutely insane. i think im just against environmentalists in general - my cousin's friend was riding on a dirtbike trail. some environmentalists had slung metal wire across the trail between 2 trees to protest the dirtbikes going through the wilderness. he was going down the trail at decent speed...suffice to say he didnt survive. these people should be rounded up.

Old 09-17-2003, 01:17 AM
dono
Gone but not forgotten.
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ford and peta?

Whistler - I agree with all you said, however most insulin no longer comes from animal sources and is now a lab produced human synthetic.
Dono

Old 09-17-2003, 03:08 AM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Ford and peta?

I have to say this again, use the proper channels and let your voice be heard. And do it intelligently. Letters, e-mails ect. to your congressman, Ford, Mountaindew or whoever will get recognized at some level if enough people speak their mind.
I personally think responding to groups like peta helps in some way justify them by acknowledging their presence.
I wonder if these people realize there are very few natural deaths in the wild animal world. The old, sick or lame animals are usually brutally killed by pretadors or eaten half alive by vultures. Maybe an anti-campaign would show being harvested and serving an economic need as a natural resource over dieing a slow death while vultures pecked out it eyes or wolves started making a meal while it was still alive.

Old 09-17-2003, 05:58 AM
13hondacr250
Posting Guru
Ford and peta?

Willowbilly is right. Don't ever write to these people and especially don't "go off" on one of their supporters and such. They just use it against us. "look at these bunch of inbreds that like to maim animals" Be civil to these people.

As for the dirtbike thing. This makes me so mad. I ride dirtbikes and have run into nature people. I've been threatened by them, had the cops called ect just by riding on motorized use trails. Of course any greenie can take some free punches at me if they like. With all the safety gear I wear there isn't much of a spot to hit me to make it hurt.

PETA is against killing animals but they can kill a human. Do I smell hipocracy?

Old 09-17-2003, 08:29 AM
whistler
Senior User
Ford and peta?

Thanks for the info dono. I knew that synthetic insulin has been around for a while, I just didn't know how prevalent it was.

Whistler

Old 09-17-2003, 08:55 AM
BrianA
Postmaster
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Ford and peta?

Here is some info from their website:
PETA believes that animals deserve the most basic rights—consideration of their own best interests regardless of whether they are useful to humans. Like you, they are capable of suffering and have interests in leading their own lives; therefore, they are not ours to use—for food, clothing, entertainment, or experimentation, or for any other reason.

Interesting statement "or for any other reason". That's pretty inclusive. What about seeing eye dogs? Bomb sniffing dogs? Pets?
Those dogs who sniff for folks in disaster areas (example; twin towers attack). What about the pets they take to old folks homes and hospice centers to offer companionship and comfort for the elderly and dying?

heck, they made a MAJOR big deal over the Oscar Meyer Weinermobile !!!

In my book PETA is comprised of one thing: a bunch of nutburgers.

They are NOT my friends.

The Humane Society is different, they are pretty cool.

Old 09-17-2003, 09:39 AM
sinjin
Posting Guru
Ford and peta?

PETA has compared American consumption of chickens to the holocaust.

Bunch of hairheads.

Good news- with their protein intake so low they're not very dangerous.

Their ridiculous positions do not detract from the fact that cruelty to animals in the pursuit of science is SOP. PETA has some films shot in labs that would curl your hair.

Quick Reply: Ford and peta?