Forum update?

Search this Thread

Old 02-29-2020, 02:14 AM
Yahiko
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 542 Likes on 396 Posts
Okay have you do the windows thing yet?
Cleared the cache and dumped all the cookies along with a reboot?

Clearing the cache would be worth a try. Also have you added any
new things like updates or new software to the system?

The one thing I won't tell you to do yet is uninstall the program and reload it.
But if you can do a 2nd install of the program and test with that. You might
find the answer that way.

Old 02-29-2020, 09:09 AM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,693 Likes on 2,750 Posts
Considering that FTE is the only forum I'm having a problem with, I'm not going to reinstall Chrome.

I did turn on infinite scroll and it does get me to all the posts. However, clicking the "read last post" link in email doesn't always get me to the last post. Sometimes it puts me in the middle of the thread, which I've already read. But I can live with that.

Old 05-08-2020, 11:38 AM
1TonBasecamp
Lead Driver
Received 731 Likes on 585 Posts
Originally Posted by 1TonBasecamp
Maybe it was suggested, but simply adding an empty space below the black bar command line, or simply increase the size of the drop-down "Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forum" navigation bar so that there is just more space above the forum names and below the black bar.
Different suggestion to the same problem the others were having.
Can you move the "Marketplace" and the "Tools" to the end of the line, after "Go Premium" instead? This would put the two most troublesome positions more out of the way.
They are the issue simply because they have dropdown menus and happen to be where most of the links are that some of us want to click on. If you miss your mark by just a hair, you now have a big dropdown menu from the black bar in your way, and you have to move your cursor completely out of the box to get it to go away.

Just a thought. Figuring that moving the positions of those two (leaving "Forums" where it is because it's not really an issue and to my mind at least, belongs there at the head of the line) more to the right would clear up at least 80% of the issue.

Thanks

Paul

Old 11-12-2020, 03:58 PM
1TonBasecamp
Lead Driver
Received 731 Likes on 585 Posts
Is this the place to post a "Where did my "undo" feature go" question? If I need to start my own thread that's ok. Just thought it might be part of the change.

When typing an answer and making a small mistake, you can right-click and get the "undo" prompt in the box. This is still the case unless you make a big mistake like I just did.
After a nice twenty minute type session I right-clicked and then selected the "select all" command. Then I mistakenly did the "Ctrl-V" command instead of the "Ctrl-C" command I was intending. No problem, right? Wrong...
Without making another move, I right-clicked in the box and a completely different menu popped up without the "undo" feature. Bummer for me!

I re-checked on the next answer and the "undo" command is there if I just right-click in the window. It's even there if I select all but don't change anything. When it disappears is if the wording has changed, such as it does when you select all and then hit the paste command instead of the copy command string. Once the mistake is made the "undo" command window is no longer available.

Is this something that disappeared as part of the now long ago update?
I know the answer is to be more careful in my selection of keys to hit. But mistakes happen now and then anyway. Hence the existence of the undo feature in the first place.

Oh, and no, I can't access the auto-save feature either. I think I mentioned that a couple of years ago and no matter how many times I see the "Auto Saved" words pop up (like they did just now) I don't know how to make anything come back. No obvious button in other words.

Thanks

Paul