1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

56 current value

Search this Thread

Old 02-16-2018, 01:01 PM
crtjester9
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
56 current value

Hi all. I moved from NY to NV last year while I wait for my heart transplant. I left my 56 F100 behind with my dad in NY. He rarely drives it bc its all manual, and takes a lot for his old butt to drive it. He has been bugging me to sell it for a while now. I know we never get back what we put into trucks, but wondering where the current market value is with the 56s. I have been more focused on my broncos lately since they are out on the west coast with me. Its a 1956 Ford f100 big back window long bed with 6 cyl 3 on the tree. Runs and drives good. Any idea on what that could pull?

Old 02-16-2018, 01:46 PM
abe
One Meadow Green Owner

Received 2,616 Likes on 1,456 Posts
.it's good to hear from you! I hope you get your heart soon. Is there better chances of finding one near Vegas or is there a good hospital near there?

Anyway, your truck has some interesting features that might affect price. It's an F100 (good) but it's one of the new for 56 longbeds (probably not as popular). It has a BBW (good) but it's a 6 cylinder (might bring price down). Also it's all about location and it will bring more in the rust belt of NY rather than dry Nevada, so that's good!

Now having said all that I can't give you a price just yet. I will need more pictures. I know you and your Dad have done a lot of work on it so a list of what's new would help.

Old 02-16-2018, 01:48 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Received 843 Likes on 478 Posts
I'm interested email bigwin56f100@yahoo.com

Old 02-16-2018, 10:57 PM
crtjester9
Freshman User
Originally Posted by abe
.it's good to hear from you! I hope you get your heart soon. Is there better chances of finding one near Vegas or is there a good hospital near there?

Anyway, your truck has some interesting features that might affect price. It's an F100 (good) but it's one of the new for 56 longbeds (probably not as popular). It has a BBW (good) but it's a 6 cylinder (might bring price down). Also it's all about location and it will bring more in the rust belt of NY rather than dry Nevada, so that's good!

Now having said all that I can't give you a price just yet. I will need more pictures. I know you and your Dad have done a lot of work on it so a list of what's new would help.
Thanks Abe! I waited over 5 years in NY for a heart, with no luck. They say the west coast has a better chance. I also got all 3 boosters of the hepatitis B vaccine to try and boost the donor pool. I guess we will see!
I know everyone wants to hotrod out the 6.5' bed trucks, but I like the 8' bed so much more for its practicality. And the big window is awesome too

Old 02-17-2018, 04:34 AM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
I can't help much with valuation but I can offer my sincere hope that you'll be successful in your quest for a life saving transplant.

To the FTE community: Sign that donor form! While the exact practice varies by state, get yourself on the donor list - via DMV or otherwise. Tell you family of your wishes so that there isn't any uncertanity of your desires. While the number of transplants has grown, so has the number of receipent candidates. Act as though lives depend on it - because they do.

Old 02-17-2018, 10:20 AM
bjmayberry2
Lead Driver
Received 543 Likes on 349 Posts
Originally Posted by bigwin56f100
I'm interested email bigwin56f100@yahoo.com
As soon as I saw this I thought of you Kevin

Old 02-17-2018, 07:05 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by bjmayberry2
As soon as I saw this I thought of you Kevin
thanks, actually my daughter wants a truck and this one would fit perfectly for her

Old 02-17-2018, 08:47 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 765 Likes on 375 Posts

thanks, actually my daughter wants a truck and this one would fit perfectly for her
Awesome! She will get attention pulling up in that truck. If she is single, it's a good tool to weed out he riffraff. If they don't like her truck, he can just move along.
Hope it all works out.

Old 02-18-2018, 09:23 AM
56panelford
FTE Legend
Received 4,133 Likes on 2,656 Posts
Knowing the way Kevin operates he'll likely pull it apart and sell it piece by piece....lol

Old 02-18-2018, 01:41 PM
jerry_s
Tuned
I just noticed the custom plate on your '56 - that's awesome!

Any idea what you'd be asking for it? to give you an idea, I have a '56 with original big back window - not that it matters as it's not encoded in the VIN - that was professionally restored (a shop in southern california worked on it as it was the owners project) and I paid $3K for the cab and doors. It's literally ready to paint (I just need the rest of the truck ;-)

Old 02-18-2018, 01:41 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by 56panelford
Knowing the way Kevin operates he'll likely pull it apart and sell it piece by piece....lol
my daughter really liked it but it was like pulling teeth to get a price. Needless to say we will be looking elsewhere...........

Old 02-18-2018, 03:12 PM
crtjester9
Freshman User

my daughter really liked it but it was like pulling teeth to get a price. Needless to say we will be looking elsewhere...........
you were a real class act, and continue to show it. Not looking to give it away to someone. I didnt even want to contact you, bc I knew exactly how the conversation would go. I reluctantly sent a message solely bc you mentioned a daughter interested in one. I allowed you to make me an offer, to which you lowballed like expected. From past experiences I knew you were someone I would prefer not to do business with. Coming on here to try and take a shot at me is childish. Sorry I am not the typical pushover/ignorant person you like to prey on.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:16 PM
crtjester9
Freshman User
Originally Posted by jerry_s
I just noticed the custom plate on your '56 - that's awesome!

Any idea what you'd be asking for it? to give you an idea, I have a '56 with original big back window - not that it matters as it's not encoded in the VIN - that was professionally restored (a shop in southern california worked on it as it was the owners project) and I paid $3K for the cab and doors. It's literally ready to paint (I just need the rest of the truck ;-)
Thank you! When I moved, I was going to get STLW8N on my bronco out here, but didnt want to spend the extra money. Hopefully soon I can get GOTAHRT . I would love to help you out, but shipping would probably run you close to $2k from long island, NY. In all honesty, youd be better off finding a roller frame locally. If you find one in the las vegas area, I go to california every 2-3 months for Dr appts and can always help you out with trailering one out there.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:20 PM
jerry_s
Tuned
I have to finish my '54 before I start on a new project!! It's getting close though. My plan for the '56 is one of two - sell it or buy really cheap beater out here and then buy an aftermarket chassis; but that's years out at this point. Not getting younger, I need to make sure I have a place to retire as I can't/don't want to afford a house in Orange County.

Old 02-18-2018, 03:36 PM
bigwin56f100
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by crtjester9
you were a real class act, and continue to show it. Not looking to give it away to someone. I didnt even want to contact you, bc I knew exactly how the conversation would go. I reluctantly sent a message solely bc you mentioned a daughter interested in one. I allowed you to make me an offer, to which you lowballed like expected. From past experiences I knew you were someone I would prefer not to do business with. Coming on here to try and take a shot at me is childish. Sorry I am not the typical pushover/ignorant person you like to prey on.
I made you a more than fair offer of $4500 for a long bed 6 cyl truck that has major rust with glass fenders
and no rear window trim. Good luck selling for $9000!

by the tone of your post you seem to be the class act lol
also threads are not a place for you to be posting items for sale

Quick Reply: 56 current value