My first post here - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

My first post here

Old 02-13-2018, 09:15 PM
New User

Ageless is starting off with a positive reputation.
My first post here

Hey, folks. I just got signed up for the forum. I just bought a customized 56 F100. I have built a 54 F-100, a 66 F-100, a 67 F-100 and owned a few more old trucks. I have done Crown Vic swaps on two of them. The 56 is to be my keeper - "Always wanted a 56". The truck I bought has a lot of mods already done to it. The frame was professionally built and done well. The body is rust-free but looks like some minor dents were hastily repaired.
I have professionally restored and modified and sold parts for classic Mustangs for many years, but sold that business to retire. I still run a online Mustang Q&A forum.
I have a lot of automotive experience, but the 56 is new to me, and I don't know a lot of details about, well... the details.

So, I am here to learn from those more experienced than I.

My first task on the 56 is to add windshield wipers. It has zero parts onboard. Any advice is appreciated.
Second will be to add AC with a retrofit setup. Comments on how you did yours?

In the future, I will be replacing a custom louvered tailgate with an original. Possibly replacing the louvered hood with a stocker. Checked prices...HOOBOY!!!

Anyway, glad to have found this site. I bet you will be a big help as I rework this already completed truck.

Ageless is my handle, not my description!
Old 02-13-2018, 09:27 PM
Elder User

EBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to beholdEBEAR is a splendid one to behold
Welcome and you are unlikely to get any replies without pictures LOL we like pictures .
Old 02-13-2018, 09:30 PM
New User

Pictures

Quote:
Originally Posted by EBEAR View Post
Welcome and you are unlikely to get any replies without pictures LOL we like pictures .
I will definitely post some once I reach the required number of posts. 40% of the way there!
Old 02-13-2018, 09:32 PM
Postmaster

Jeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to beholdJeff and Nicolle is a splendid one to behold
Welcome to the forum! We like pics! Sounds like you are really gonna enjoy this place! We are a great bunch here! I am not much help, but I try when I can.
I am nowhere near an expert on anything, but I sure enjoy trying to get to that point!
Old 02-13-2018, 10:00 PM
Post Fiend

abe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant futureabe has a brilliant future
Welcome to FTE the best Ford Forum on the world wide web! You'll get all your questions answered here and in a nice way too!

I agree with your choice to replace the louvered tailgate and hood.
Old 02-13-2018, 11:22 PM
Postmaster

ben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to beholdben73058 is a splendid one to behold
Hey Ageless,
Welcome Aboard! I can't believe no one has pestered you
for pics... Helps us visualize what you have to work with...
We went with Vintage Air out of San Antonio....they make systems that can fit in our tight truck cabs.

Where are you from in Texas?

Ben in Austin
1950 F1
Old 02-13-2018, 11:53 PM
Post Fiend

CharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant futureCharlieLed has a brilliant future
Welcome aboard. As for wipers for your 56, I use these http://www.raingearwipers.com/wp-con...100-Pickup.pdf a little pricey but well worth the $$$
Old 02-14-2018, 04:39 AM
Postmaster

FortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud ofFortyNiner has much to be proud of
Welcome!

Sounds like you'll fit right in as this is a supportative group. I wasn't aware that there is a posting count mininum needed before pictures could be included. Since we've seen pics with other first posts recently, maybe I'm confused. Always a strong possibility.
Old 02-14-2018, 07:05 AM
Senior User

Oldb is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Welcome,
I have a few Mustangs in my past as well, seems like a natural transition. I think you will find this forum to be very helpful. A lot of good guys on here.

B
Old 02-14-2018, 07:08 AM
Post Fiend

Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Welcome to FTE!
I look forward to seeing your truck.
What engine are you running? When it is time to replace the tailgate and hood, maybe you can sell what you have to offset the cost of the stock looking ones.
Old 02-14-2018, 11:17 AM
Postmaster

bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Welcome to FTE
Like the handle especially for our old iron. Gotta hurry up and get some pictures up of your ride. We L-O-V-E pictures
Old 02-19-2018, 09:16 PM
New User

This is my 56. It has Mustang II power rack front end (with later model wheels that obviously have the wrong backspacing) and a 9" traction lock 4-link rear. It has a 389 Pontiac engine, dating from 1963. Has automatic trans, but I have not had time to figure out exactly what it is. 20" wheels with 275x40 tires. Leather bucket seats with a previous owner's red and white striped doorpanels and headliner (both are to be shortlived). Recent paint job, but bodywork needs some fixin' here and there due to some inexperienced work. It has a louvered hood and tailgate, and a fiberglas rear roll pan. The previous owner spent a ton of money on the truck with all the suspension stuff professionally done, plus the wheels and all new smoked glass, tilt steering column, headers, really nicely constructed dual exhaust and an aluminum gas tank under the bed. I will gradually get it up to my own specifications with some SOUND DEADENING (WHAT YOU SAY??) and hopefully will make it steer a little better. The last truck I built, I installed a Crown Vic setup and it was so much better than this MII stuff.
Anyway - I am looking forward to conversing with you folks. I live south of Canyon Lake, TX in Startzville. If anyone lives in the area, look me up and we can talk trucks in person.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:39 PM
Postmaster

bjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant futurebjmayberry2 has a brilliant future
Nice truck
I am interested in hearing more about the CV VS MII frontend.
Old Yesterday, 01:43 AM
Senior User

seaves46 has a good reputation on FTE.seaves46 has a good reputation on FTE.
That's a nice looking truck .
Old Yesterday, 07:08 AM
Post Fiend

Harrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant futureHarrier has a brilliant future
Sharp looking truck!
Here are a couple of threads on sound deadening.
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...-material.html
https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/1...deadening.html