Sponsored by: Moser

Anyone else experiencing forum issues

Search this Thread

Old 01-18-2018, 09:41 AM
bigreed91
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Anyone else experiencing forum issues

So i get on here using my phone, every now and then while on here an add, or pop up, or whatever it is will come up and re direct the page. It won't let me go back once it does it and i have to close the tab and re-open the site. This is the only page that this happens, just curious if anyone else has experienced this?

Old 01-18-2018, 11:40 AM
JD Q
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Every once in a while a advertising GIF will start during my viewing which makes the page jump to the bottom and tries to maintain that position. I think my firewall might be fighting with the website. It doesn't last long before it starts working correctly again. I don't know what is happening. It could be the North Koreans? Who knows.

Old 01-18-2018, 11:49 AM
XSoph
More Turbo
Received 15 Likes on 13 Posts
I have the same problem but not only this site. I think an app I downloaded may be forcing the redirects. Trouble is, I don't know which one. Have to watch this crap like a hawk. I do not pitty anything that befalls the people who generate this slime. Slime begets slime, that is.

Edit: Lol, got redirected right after this post.

Old 01-21-2018, 01:02 AM
lasermike
Laughing Gas
Received 54 Likes on 36 Posts
In my experience, it’s the mobile version that has the issue. I don’t care for the mobile version, it’s cluttered and hard to navigate plus it will auto scroll to near the top of long threads.

On iOS, hold the refresh arrow at the end of the address bar then pick request desktop site. Not sure how to get the desktop site in android but I think it’s just as easy.

Michael

Old 01-24-2018, 01:25 PM
1978f-250
More Turbo
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by bigreed91
So i get on here using my phone, every now and then while on here an add, or pop up, or whatever it is will come up and re direct the page. It won't let me go back once it does it and i have to close the tab and re-open the site. This is the only page that this happens, just curious if anyone else has experienced this?

I do not have this specific problem on this site. I use a PC not a phone to get on here.

I'm not very computer knowledgeable but this site loads more crap/garbage onto my computer than any other that I visit. I had to "refresh" 3 times just to read your post.

Dennis

Old 01-24-2018, 02:18 PM
77F100stepside
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by bigreed91

Not this problem but I have been having issues with the site. Just yesterday the entire site crashed and some server (The one the site is based from?) was showing up telling me its not my browsers issue. The sites been extremely slow and sluggish lately. No other sites ive visited have done it though.

Mack

Old 01-24-2018, 03:31 PM
Keymaster
Senior User
Yes, on my iPhone 7 I have the same exact problem you speak of. It's like a fake Amazon popup or something and if you click it off, it clicks the whole site off. I'm at the point where I don't try to use the phone anymore. Like it was stated above, if there is a way to avoid the mobile side and use the pc version on my phone, I'll try that next.

Old 01-24-2018, 07:00 PM
hharvey
Mountain Pass
I had the same issue on my iPhone, fake Amazon popups. It happened with this site and a few other forum type sites. I installed a free app from Apple store called NeverAds. It fixed the issue.
-HH

Old 01-25-2018, 02:44 AM
boingk
More Turbo
Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I'm fine for phone, but run Android and always tick the box that says 'use desktop site' in the options. That makes everything much better - no popups etc.

If your PC is slowing down with crap, do a search for "PC Decrapifier". Its a free download that identified programs that are slowing you down or causing other issues, then removes them. It also gives feedback on what sort of programs they are and what percent of users remove them. Highly recommended.

- boingk

Old 01-25-2018, 12:00 PM
bigreed91
Senior User
I use my phone 99% of the time and its android based, hadn't thought about using the non-mobile option, thank you.