Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

2018 edition TorquePro 7.3L PSD Tablet / Phone PID Monitoring

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2018, 08:58 AM
brandon_oma#692
Fleet Mechanic
Received 24 Likes on 11 Posts
I tried searching and know it has been discussed before but I forgot. Does the pcm in a 99 have data for fuel level? I tried the default extended pid some time back but it did not work.

Old 06-29-2018, 02:32 PM
coax9952
Laughing Gas
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I don't believe so, My 02 doesn't and the line lights up on my TP also....not sure why. It works percentages off of your Mileage......

Then again, I'm a Heretic, so take it with a grain of salt.

Old 08-01-2018, 06:28 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,853 Posts
Rich, why do you have EOT (line 19) set to Celsius?

Also, I saw in the PowerStroke TP PID's that the vehicle speed stays in km/hr instead of switching to mph even though the default units has been changed.

All other PID's seem to be following the U.S. units standards, except MPH and EOT.

Old 08-02-2018, 07:09 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
I need to look in there to be sure, but it has been my experience that the PCM works in the metric system (including kPa vs.PSI) - and it's up to the settings in TP to convert it. My main concern is what the gauge reads on the face, and if you look at my screenshots - there's the familiar "F".

Old 08-02-2018, 08:37 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
I agree that the images that you have posted of the EOT are in farenheit.

Although, on the spreadsheet the maximum value is set to 128 and the unit is in celcius (line 19). There are a couple of other odd ***** measurements like that in the spreadsheet too that I have identified.

For example, the unit of measurement on your spreadsheet for InjPW (line 23) is ms when others have it shown as micro seconds including the Ford PID for InjPW.

I have begun adding the Ford specific PID's where I am finding metric settings and values in your PID's in the spreadsheet.

Just wanted to see if there was a specific reason for this or if I was making this harder than it should be.

Thanks

Old 08-02-2018, 08:55 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Way to go Sous, now you did it..you no how Tug gets. OCD gunna kick in and we'll lose him for 4days til he finds the root cause. Only then, he'll take anutha 3 days of boating as an antidote for the correction made...later Tug, hope for calm water and cold 1 an hr beverage

Old 08-02-2018, 09:24 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
I understand and I had second thoughts about posting this information. Although, I too have a certain bit of OCD and was up until 3 AM the other night trying to figure this out.

I am not insisting he fix anything or dive deep into the spreadsheet, but in my opinion there are some inconsistencies in the values and units of measure, or I am just flat out doing something wrong.

Being wrong happens to me all the time, just ask Smeding Diesel...

EDIT: My goal for this adventure into TP is to get good, solid numbers for the modified GTP38 (stock) turbo I have now vs. the Borg Warner 364.5 SX-E that I am about to install. I think the data points like EBP, MAP and EGT's would be nice to have instead of just using my *** to tell much better the truck is running.

Old 08-02-2018, 09:41 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Yo Sous, im play'n bud..i fixed my post

Old 08-02-2018, 09:45 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Originally Posted by timmyboy76
Yo Sous, im play'n bud..i fixed my post
No worries brother! It is sometimes difficult to relay feelings or intentions through a format such as this one.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:08 PM
scotttahoe
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Tugly
Hooboy.... First... I am deeply flattered that I am regarded so highly, and I thank you for your kind words. Saying that, I suffered a bit of 7.3 burnout last year, and returned to my boating hobby with what little spare time I have. I still log in to hang out with the good and decent folk here, and chime in with the stuff that easy to answer quickly - like posting links to thorough answers. In addition to that... it's best to allow everybody here to assist. There are many here with the same answers I have, and there are those who exceed my knowledge.

You absolutely came to the right place (FTE) if the goal was to get in-depth answers to your questions, not get talked into spending more money than absolutely necessary, and be treated with decency and respect (no trolls allowed here).

It happened to me. I took the ol 7.3 break. I went to turn my cargo trailer into a living camper and started camp hosting in Big Sur Ca. I'm trying to get back on the train here and rebuild my PID system as I had to get a new tablet. Hope all is well.

Old 08-21-2018, 01:16 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
I don't know how to say this lightly, so I will just say it.

There are some issues or inconsistencies with the 2018 PID list, in my experience anyway. Some of the code and settings I imported were not quite right for me.

Old 08-22-2018, 06:49 AM
Tugly
Hotshot
Received 111 Likes on 66 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
I don't know how to say this lightly, so I will just say it.

There are some issues or inconsistencies with the 2018 PID list, in my experience anyway. Some of the code and settings I imported were not quite right for me.
You're not hurting my feelings here... I know this is a grand experiment and I don't have all the answers. I preface all my PID threads with warnings of that ilk. When I started this journey... there was very little information anywhere - and what existed was scattered all over the web. Much of it was inaccurate with default formulas showing the wrong values when compared with AE (pre-FORScan). Some of the information was in different math "code", and I had to translate it to plain math. The list is now compiled, vastly more accurate, and easier to interpret - but it still needs some help from dedicated experimenters like yourself.

Old 08-22-2018, 07:45 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
You're not hurting my feelings here... I know this is a grand experiment and I don't have all the answers. I preface all my PID threads with warnings of that ilk. When I started this journey... there was very little information anywhere - and what existed was scattered all over the web. Much of it was inaccurate with default formulas showing the wrong values when compared with AE (pre-FORScan). Some of the information was in different math "code", and I had to translate it to plain math. The list is now compiled, vastly more accurate, and easier to interpret - but it still needs some help from dedicated experimenters like yourself.
Good as that was not my intention. Your effort is certainly appreciated, but for those that may have missed the line I copied from your original post below, I wanted to make sure the complexity and possible issues was clear.

Because of the complexity of sharing this, I'm fully expecting an error somewhere - and I await the subsequent "It don't work" posts.
Do you know if it is possible to pull a PID from Forscan Lite in order to check it against what TP is using?

How were you coming about these PID's?

Perhaps those of us willing to work with TP and massage it into a good product instead of something that needs to be worked over a few times before it becomes a good product can assist in building your list.

Old 08-22-2018, 10:39 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Fwiw Sous, i could never get coolant to work (l99 is a zf6) nor the "delta" gauge..i got analog to tell me ect

Old 08-23-2018, 12:22 AM
ILBCNUL8R
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I'm uncertain what the difficulty is that folks are experiencing with IAT in Torque Pro for the 7.3L. On my 2003 with manual trans, I use the app's internally-provided "Intake Air Temperature" PID without issue; no configuration required. The gauge works correctly and closely mirrors both the EOT and MAT gauge's displayed temperatures when the engine is cold.

With KOEO > Open "Real Time Information" > Press and hold a blank spot on the screen > Add display > Wait until the PIDs which are active on the system turn bright green and display a digital value > select Intake Air Temperature

Quick Reply: 2018 edition TorquePro 7.3L PSD Tablet / Phone PID Monitoring