Kansas Chapter Join Chapter, Leader: Flip4ford

Class action law suits

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 05:09 PM
noticon75
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Class action law suits

As many of you know I have follicular lymphoma and one cause is Round-Up. apparently there is a class action law suit now. That being said I am not a proponent of these things lawyers are the only ones getting any money! But I don have a life long monetary commitment ahead. With the onset of Obama care my insurance pays less and less for treatments and tests. So I thought well this is a big thing and my family will need the help the closer to when this disease takes me home. SO I am looking for advice. I have seen the big commercials on the TV but failed to pay attention to them, so I looked online and there are several "law firms" that say they represent on this case. How do I know if these firms are credible? Then again if I only get a settlement of $100 it isn't worth it to me to even file. Any advise is appriciated only if it is constructive. Please don't say I am looking for an easy buck etc those that know me I hope will say I am not that way.

Mark

Old 01-12-2018, 05:35 AM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
CHeck the better business bureau for references- then I would say research research research- see what the actual lawsuits are. THey could all be filing a suit for different things. Personally if they did something wrong I see no problem with filing for a suit.

Just my .02 hope things work out for you!

Old 01-12-2018, 09:37 AM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Not to be a stick in the mud, but I seem to remember that this site doesn't allow discussions of class action lawsuits. I know this one is not in the realm of what they are referring to, but don't want someone to get dinged here. My guess it is part of the Ford connection.

You may know better than me about this Chad.

BTW, I think Chad gave good suggestions.

Old 01-12-2018, 11:25 AM
noticon75
Mountain Pass
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by husker
Not to be a stick in the mud, but I seem to remember that this site doesn't allow discussions of class action lawsuits. I know this one is not in the realm of what they are referring to, but don't want someone to get dinged here. My guess it is part of the Ford connection.

You may know better than me about this Chad.

BTW, I think Chad gave good suggestions.
Well if it is illegal to discus this please delete! Hate to go to jail!

Old 01-12-2018, 12:34 PM
Flip4ford
FTE Chapter Leader
Received 105 Likes on 99 Posts
I've been looking and didn't see anything on it-- (and I think it would be at my discretion :-) being supreme overlord and all)

But I'll email tim and get a real answer :-)

Old 01-13-2018, 03:17 PM
husker
Hotshot
Received 31 Likes on 31 Posts
Chad, things may have changed too when FTE change hands a few years back. I just seem to recall on the 7.3 forum some years ago there was talk about a class action regarding an issue with Ford and it was noted at that point that the discussion was verboten. It also may not apply to non vehicle related stuff and personally I have no problem with discussion about information that Noticon brought up. My only reason for bringing it up was as a heads up.