2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Diesel from Sam’s Club?

Search this Thread

Old 01-11-2018, 05:07 PM
Larrymac52
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Poncho450
Several stories popping up in the news today about Sam's Clubs all over the country closing for good.
Maybe I should get over there and get that pallet of toilet paper before it's too late!
Crap. My wife just told me our Sam’s Club is closing as well. I mean right now closing! Shocking because it’s always busy. Dozens of people are standing outside the store try to figure what’s going on.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:09 PM
Pioneer1
Tuned
Received 36 Likes on 18 Posts
I got bad diesel from local Wal-Mart several years ago. Knew the manager outside of her work. I didn't know at the time where I got the bad stuff from. When I brought it up, she said " I never get gas or diesel there. We get tons of complaints!"

Old 01-11-2018, 05:10 PM
00t444e
Cargo Master
Received 424 Likes on 289 Posts
Originally Posted by AK_SuperDuty
It's a corporation that provides such poor pay and benefits to it's employees that a huge percentage of them have to be on public assistance to survive. Less money to the employee requiring the employee to survive off welfare=Walmart is a welfare corporation. Look at company's like costco. They pay their employees incredibly well, great benefits, save the consumer money, and don't give their CEO a crazy big bonus. Costco=Not a welfare corporation.
Working at Wal-Mart isn't exactly a skilled job, anyone with a high school education can work there. Just like working at a fast food restaurant, its great if it is your first job or are still going to school but it isn't the best career choice.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:20 PM
HRTKD
Boondocker
Received 6,835 Likes on 2,780 Posts
My aunt works at Walmart. I've never heard her complain except for scheduling issues.

Old 01-11-2018, 07:13 PM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
Originally Posted by AK_SuperDuty
I refuse to shop at a corporation that undercuts all the small businesses in town by paying their employees a pittance. I'd rather pay more somewhere else and support jobs that pay people a better wage. I'm guessing you like getting a good wage for what you do.
The LEFT loves to bash Walmart and publish a lot of FAKE news about it.

Certainly I like getting a good wage for my efforts and I do, but then I own the company. But I started at the bottom rung of the ladder, got my first college degree at age 27, after I stepped off that plane in Dallas, Texas in 1968 and the first words I said to my Daddy: "Dad, you were right, I NEED an education, laying in a rice paddy getting shot at is NOT a career move".

Walmart pay is on par with Costco.

All employees just got and average of a $1000 bonus

Last April they raise the min starting to $9 per hr

Its just gone to $11 per hr min

Average pay for hourly in store workers was just over $17 per hr

Benefits are not bad:

store management teams started as hourly associates, and they earn between $50,000 and $170,000 a year

Last year, we promoted more than 200,000 people to jobs with more responsibility and higher pay.

Over 300,000 associates have been with Walmart for 10 years or more.

Full- and part-time associates are eligible for quarterly bonuses based on store performance. Last year, associates earned more than $550 million in bonuses.

Full- and part-time associates are eligible for 15% tuition grants at American Public University.

Medical plans starting at $23.20 per pay period
Dental plan
Vision plan
Coverage for domestic partners
Centers of Excellence Program – covers select spine and heart procedures, knee and hip replacement surgeries and breast, lung and colorectal cancers – all at no cost to associates
Free access to nurse care managers and health care advisors
We provide $500 to $1,000 through Health Reimbursement Plans and up to a $600 match in our Health Savings Account plan to help pay for eligible network or non-network medical expenses
Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service
Company-paid life insurance
Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Critical illness insurance
Short- and long-term disability insurance
Business travel accident insurance

Sam's CLub:
Yes there are 63 Sam's club closing in the US. around 15 will be converted to distribution centers, the others, many of the employees will be assimilated into Walmart stores.

Old 01-11-2018, 10:01 PM
hindy
More Turbo
Received 24 Likes on 15 Posts
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks
The LEFT loves to bash Walmart and publish a lot of FAKE news about it.

Certainly I like getting a good wage for my efforts and I do, but then I own the company. But I started at the bottom rung of the ladder, got my first college degree at age 27, after I stepped off that plane in Dallas, Texas in 1968 and the first words I said to my Daddy: "Dad, you were right, I NEED an education, laying in a rice paddy getting shot at is NOT a career move".

Walmart pay is on par with Costco.

All employees just got and average of a $1000 bonus

Last April they raise the min starting to $9 per hr

Its just gone to $11 per hr min

Average pay for hourly in store workers was just over $17 per hr

Benefits are not bad:

store management teams started as hourly associates, and they earn between $50,000 and $170,000 a year

Last year, we promoted more than 200,000 people to jobs with more responsibility and higher pay.

Over 300,000 associates have been with Walmart for 10 years or more.

Full- and part-time associates are eligible for quarterly bonuses based on store performance. Last year, associates earned more than $550 million in bonuses.

Full- and part-time associates are eligible for 15% tuition grants at American Public University.

Medical plans starting at $23.20 per pay period
Dental plan
Vision plan
Coverage for domestic partners
Centers of Excellence Program – covers select spine and heart procedures, knee and hip replacement surgeries and breast, lung and colorectal cancers – all at no cost to associates
Free access to nurse care managers and health care advisors
We provide $500 to $1,000 through Health Reimbursement Plans and up to a $600 match in our Health Savings Account plan to help pay for eligible network or non-network medical expenses
Resources for Living, a free confidential counseling and health information service
Company-paid life insurance
Accidental death & dismemberment insurance
Critical illness insurance
Short- and long-term disability insurance
Business travel accident insurance

Sam's CLub:
Yes there are 63 Sam's club closing in the US. around 15 will be converted to distribution centers, the others, many of the employees will be assimilated into Walmart stores.
You just saved me a whole lot of writing! Outstanding write up!
In addition, Sam's Club offers a credit card that gives 5% back for fuel purchase. (Better than 5 cents a gallon). 3% on restaurants, and 1% on all other purchases. Just a heads up....

Old 01-12-2018, 06:27 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 956 Likes on 589 Posts
Anyway - isn't this thread about fuel price and quality from a particular source? Why all the damned politics?
If you don't want to buy there, then don't. Nobody here needs to be converted to another person's political point of view.
Even the General NON Automotive forum on FTE says no political conversations. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum19/

Old 01-12-2018, 06:53 AM
Larrymac52
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Anyway - isn't this thread about fuel price and quality from a particular source? Why all the damned politics?
If you don't want to buy there, then don't. Nobody here needs to be converted to another person's political point of view.
Even the General NON Automotive forum on FTE says no political conversations. https://www.ford-trucks.com/forums/forum19/
Thank you. I never thought when I began this thread, politics would get involved. Ironic that I start this thread, without knowing that later in the day my Sam’s Club- the one I have used for 25 years- is actually closing.

Old 01-12-2018, 07:05 AM
Poncho450
Lead Driver
Received 956 Likes on 589 Posts
Originally Posted by Larrymac52
Thank you. I never thought when I began this thread, politics would get involved. Ironic that I start this thread, without knowing that later in the day my Sam’s Club- the one I have used for 25 years- is actually closing.
As of this writing our local Sam's Club doesn't seem to be on the chopping block. But there's a Walmart super center literally right next door. So I wouldn't be surprised if we were in line to lose Sam's.
It's the only warehouse club in town and has no fuel, but has a tire shop. The closest club with fuel that I'm aware of is a BJ's about 65 miles away.

Old 01-12-2018, 09:11 AM
Clubwagon
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by 00t444e
Working at Wal-Mart isn't exactly a skilled job, anyone with a high school education can work there. Just like working at a fast food restaurant, its great if it is your first job or are still going to school but it isn't the best career choice.
Most importantly, WalMart employees are not being forced to work there for low wages. Its a free market. If a WalMart employee wants to earn more than what WalMart pays, they are free to look elsewhere. If they can't find a better paying job then they need to figure out a way to make themselves more valuable to an employer.

Its not an Employer's responsibility to provide a living wage. The market will set wages. If the Employer can't find enough qualified people at the wages they offer, they will have to offer better wages. Funny how that all works out.

Old 01-12-2018, 10:10 AM
17 Oaks
Logistics Pro
Received 139 Likes on 96 Posts
YES it is and that said if you repeat false information about the company [Walmart/Sam's Club] it should corrected, no more, no less. Its not about politics, its about the truth. I have been hearing about bad Walmart/Sam's club for 20 years at least. Other than shopping there and getting my diesel there I knew nothing, but I also shop at Costco. In about 5 min of research I pulled up the pay data and benefits and posted them to provide the truth before this thread spiraled down into abysss of bashing some company.

I have never had an issue with Walmart/Sam's or Costco in shopping at them since the early 90's.

I just filled up at Sam's diesel, it was 241.9 after my 5 cent per gal discount. Price of petro is up due to the rising cost per bbl of oil West Texas Intermediate Sweet Crude as of yesterday is $63.80 bbl. Its been climbing steady since a low of $45.52 bbl on 4 May 17. Price is up 20% since Sept '17!

Now for some POLITICS:

List of worlds top 10 oil exporters for 10 -1

Angola.
Kuwait.
Nigeria.
Canada.
United Arab Emirates.
Iraq.
Russia.
Saudi Arabia.

NOT exactly a list of the worlds most stable countries...you think!

As to why price is going up: We have gone from a surplus to more balanced oil supply and at the same time there is pressure being put on the supply due to Venezuela being on the brink of collapse and slowing production and Mexico doing little drilling below 9000 ft due to a lack of technology and exploration

In case you are wondering, the price of OIL is more driven by politics than it is by the availability of oil

Old 01-12-2018, 10:56 PM
white_dc
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Clubwagon
In many cases Sam's Club diesel pumps are used by local contractors and business owners and thus likely pump as much or more diesel than the average station. At least the one near me does. I have a business membership and buy much of my diesel there for that reason. I recently got a Gas Buddy card and haven't tried to use it there. I know it works at WalMart.
Just curious... But which Sam's in the Jax/St Aug area carries Diesel? I had no idea they even carried Diesel, but if its cheaper, im all ears!

Old 01-13-2018, 08:43 AM
RCR70ss
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
After i watched this Documentary years ago I stopped supporting Walmart, And I'm not Evan American! Sorry to get off Subject!!!

Old 01-13-2018, 09:08 AM
Clubwagon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by Larrymac52
How did you get a Gas Buddy card, and how does it work ? On the app, there is nothing on there regarding a card— something about saving 5 cents a gallon but it links into your checking account. Don’t want to do that, but haven’t seen anything about a card that could be used at Sam’s
Actually, I am not sure how I first learned about the card. Probably, from an email notice they sent me. I know I filled out the application on the app. I had also read about it on their website.

The card acts like a debit card. You swipe the card like a debit or credit card at the pump and enter your PIN (although they call it a "driver ID"). The pump works normally and generates a receipt a the posted price. Moments later I get an email from Gas Buddy giving me the total paid and listing the discount. The charge shows up on my bank statement like it was my debit card for the discounted amount.

Been using it for a couple of months. Usually saves me a couple of bucks per fill in the truck.

Old 01-13-2018, 09:17 AM
Clubwagon
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by white_dc
Just curious... But which Sam's in the Jax/St Aug area carries Diesel? I had no idea they even carried Diesel, but if its cheaper, im all ears!
Ha. Sorry about that. I own a home in St. Augustine but don't get to spend much time there. I reside most of the time in Harpers Ferry, West Virginia. I never updated my location.

I frequent the Sam's Club in Sterling, Virginia locally. Usually stop to fill up on my way home after work. There are usually lots of company vehicles (service trucks) at the pumps filling up. If I am in the truck I almost always have to wait in line for the one diesel pump.

I tow throughout the eastern half of the US regularly and typically use Sam's Clubs when I can find them. I know the Sam's in Orange Park has gas but don't remember if they have diesel. I haven't stopped there in some time with the truck.

Quick Reply: Diesel from Sam’s Club?