Diesel from Samís Club? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Diesel from Samís Club?

Old 01-11-2018, 01:38 PM
Larrymac52
Elder User
Larrymac52 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Diesel from Samís Club?

Because I have seen the accounts of what bad diesel can do to the trucks, I was wondering about the diesel from Samís Club. It almost always has the lowest price in my area based on Gas Buddy. Is it decent quality and safe?
Btw wth are the present prices for diesel due to?

Old 01-11-2018, 01:54 PM
HRTKD
Postmaster
HRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant futureHRTKD has a brilliant future
I've used Sam's Club diesel a few times. I haven't had any issues with it and haven't seen any water in the fuel. I may start using them more often as they seem to sell more fuel than the Shell stations nearby and it's easier to get in and out of their station if I have my RV trailer connected.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:22 PM
ZAUskycop
New User
ZAUskycop is starting off with a positive reputation.
Heating oil and Diesel share the same "barrel"...

Tracy Ramsey
2018 F250

Old 01-11-2018, 02:26 PM
Clubwagon
Posting Guru
Clubwagon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Clubwagon is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
In many cases Sam's Club diesel pumps are used by local contractors and business owners and thus likely pump as much or more diesel than the average station. At least the one near me does. I have a business membership and buy much of my diesel there for that reason. I recently got a Gas Buddy card and haven't tried to use it there. I know it works at WalMart.

Old 01-11-2018, 02:47 PM
Larrymac52
Elder User
Originally Posted by ZAUskycop View Post
Heating oil and Diesel share the same "barrel"...

Tracy Ramsey
2018 F250
I should have known

Old 01-11-2018, 02:55 PM
Larrymac52
Elder User
Originally Posted by Clubwagon View Post
In many cases Sam's Club diesel pumps are used by local contractors and business owners and thus likely pump as much or more diesel than the average station. At least the one near me does. I have a business membership and buy much of my diesel there for that reason. I recently got a Gas Buddy card and haven't tried to use it there. I know it works at WalMart.
How did you get a Gas Buddy card, and how does it work ? On the app, there is nothing on there regarding a cardó something about saving 5 cents a gallon but it links into your checking account. Donít want to do that, but havenít seen anything about a card that could be used at Samís

Old 01-11-2018, 03:04 PM
Poncho450
Posting Guru
Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Poncho450 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Several stories popping up in the news today about Sam's Clubs all over the country closing for good.
Maybe I should get over there and get that pallet of toilet paper before it's too late!

Old 01-11-2018, 03:49 PM
roadpilot
Elder User
roadpilot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.roadpilot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
If you want to save some $$ on fuel, get a PNC Bank Cash Rewards Visa card. You get 4% cash back on fuel (gasoline, diesel). Combine that with a rewards card and it pays off.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:03 PM
17 Oaks
Posting Guru
17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold
Rolled into the Diesel pump at Sam's Club in Lubbock Texas watched a 18 wheeler roll out, and one rolled in behind me. Walked over to the guy and he told me 'hell yea' cheaper than any other out there.

Then as he started to pay with his CC I asked him about a Wal Mart Gift card for payment? HUH??

Yea, I buy a Walmart gift card (which is free) with my CC and using the Walmart gift card at a Sam's club pump that day I got 5 cents off per gal. It does vary from zero discount to as much as 10 cents, usually around 3 - 5 cents.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:28 PM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
AK_SuperDuty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.AK_SuperDuty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Sam's Club=Walmart. I will never give that corporation any money. Screw the waltons and their welfare corporation.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:37 PM
17 Oaks
Posting Guru
17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold17 Oaks is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by AK_SuperDuty View Post
Sam's Club=Walmart. I will never give that corporation any money. Screw the waltons and their welfare corporation.
What is a welfare corporation?

Old 01-11-2018, 04:47 PM
SloScooter
Senior User
SloScooter is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have used Sams since 2009 for all my fuel itís cheaper than anything in my area. I have never had an issue with any of my diesels fuel.

Old 01-11-2018, 04:48 PM
00t444e
Elder User
00t444e is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Wal-Mart is great and it is the only place I will buy my oil and other automotive fluids that they sell. Way cheaper than anywhere else. I have got fuel at Sams and Wal-Mart gas stations with no issues.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:05 PM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
AK_SuperDuty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.AK_SuperDuty is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Originally Posted by 17 Oaks View Post
What is a welfare corporation?
It's a corporation that provides such poor pay and benefits to it's employees that a huge percentage of them have to be on public assistance to survive. Less money to the employee requiring the employee to survive off welfare=Walmart is a welfare corporation. Look at company's like costco. They pay their employees incredibly well, great benefits, save the consumer money, and don't give their CEO a crazy big bonus. Costco=Not a welfare corporation.

Old 01-11-2018, 05:06 PM
AK_SuperDuty
Elder User
Originally Posted by 00t444e View Post
Wal-Mart is great and it is the only place I will buy my oil and other automotive fluids that they sell. Way cheaper than anywhere else. I have got fuel at Sams and Wal-Mart gas stations with no issues.
I refuse to shop at a corporation that undercuts all the small businesses in town by paying their employees a pittance. I'd rather pay more somewhere else and support jobs that pay people a better wage. I'm guessing you like getting a good wage for what you do.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Diesel from Samís Club?

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.