Sarges Dually Thread - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Sarges Dually Thread

Old 01-06-2018, 07:07 PM
Sarge261
Postmaster
Sarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant future
Sarges Dually Thread

Alright folks,

I figured Id start a build thread of sorts to keep track of all my mods. Here is what Ive done so far:

2wd Valance
F-150 Running Board Mounts
Added the OEM Hitch
Line-X
Tonneau Cover

Here is what I'm looking to do:

Possibly Level It
BFG KO2's
Id like a set of Wheels I think the wheels are a little dated
Tint the front windows
Add a Viar System & Air Lift Bags
Weather Tech Mats
Some sort of seat covers
Ham Radio w/Remote Head (Still Trying to Figure Out Antenna Mounting)
Audio Upgrades and Some Head Rest Monitors for my Mini
Fender Flares for the Front
Flaps for the rear
Bug deflector
Tuff Skinz Front and Rear
3rd Brake Light Camera (Hope To Integrate it with the OEM Monitor)

Heres a picture of it before it hit hibernation:

Attached Images  
Old 01-06-2018, 07:59 PM
Sir Kayakalot
Senior User
Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Sir Kayakalot is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I love duallys
I love 4wd
I love white trucks
Following.....

Old 01-06-2018, 08:05 PM
Troy Buenger
Postmaster
Troy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to beholdTroy Buenger is a splendid one to behold
Very nice... Have you pulled with it yet?

Old 01-07-2018, 01:06 AM
longview1
Posting Guru
longview1 is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Very disappointed ford stuck with these crap wheels on the dually (f350).
First thing I did to mine was get them outta here!

Old 01-07-2018, 02:31 AM
ExDakotaOwner
Pickup Trucker
ExDakotaOwner has a great reputation on FTE.ExDakotaOwner has a great reputation on FTE.ExDakotaOwner has a great reputation on FTE.ExDakotaOwner has a great reputation on FTE.
KO2s...good choice!
Whenever these wear out or in 4 more years..Ill be getting another.

Old 01-07-2018, 02:31 AM
ExDakotaOwner
Pickup Trucker
ExDakotaOwner has a great reputation on FTE.ExDakotaOwner has a great reputation on FTE.ExDakotaOwner has a great reputation on FTE.ExDakotaOwner has a great reputation on FTE.
Dupe......

Old 01-07-2018, 03:57 AM
Fr8dog69
Senior User
Fr8dog69 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Nice truck. I’ve got a white dually as well.

Old 01-08-2018, 02:17 PM
Sarge261
Postmaster
Sarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant futureSarge261 has a brilliant future
Originally Posted by Troy Buenger View Post
Very nice... Have you pulled with it yet?
I haven't had a chance yet. I didn't settle on this truck until late fall, and all I did was move my 5th wheel about 20 feet, and I did pull my dump trailer with 2 cord of wood for a short distance but I was a little worried about the truck recording before the 1000 mile mark. I know its not a big deal, but I didn't buy this truck locally and I really don't want to give a local dealer any reason to void my warranty. But I needed to get the trailers moved and my Silverado cant handle the weight, nor does it have a 5th wheel set up.

Sarge

Old 03-11-2018, 06:41 PM
Sarge261
Postmaster

Finally added the bug deflector with magnetic TuffSkinz, installed the F-150 running board brackets. Id still like to do something about the wheel, I'm close to pulling the trigger on a set of Eagle Alloys just debating whether or not to pull the trigger on some BFG's too. Id like to step up a size but I'm not sure how large I can go without spacers. Also throwing around the idea of installing a magnum headache rack, but Id have to figure out what to do about a tonneau cover.

Old 03-11-2018, 11:48 PM
Alaskan_Warbird
Elder User
Alaskan_Warbird is starting off with a positive reputation.
Very nice. I'm trying to figure out what mods I want to make on my 2017 F350 6.2L DRW. I've been looking for extra wheels so I don't have to pay a tire shop to swap out winter/summer tires twice a year. Do you mind sharing a pic or a link to the Eagle wheels you're looking at? I was heavily advised to not mess with overall tire/wheel sizes, nor to put in spacers, due to ratios and the fact I carry a load (2+ tons) in the bed frequently.

Will be following your project closely! Thanks for sharing.

Old 03-12-2018, 06:31 AM
Paw's 150 Lariat
Posting Guru
Paw's 150 Lariat has a great reputation on FTE.Paw's 150 Lariat has a great reputation on FTE.Paw's 150 Lariat has a great reputation on FTE.Paw's 150 Lariat has a great reputation on FTE.Paw's 150 Lariat has a great reputation on FTE.Paw's 150 Lariat has a great reputation on FTE.
Truck is looking good Sarge!!

Old 03-12-2018, 08:55 AM
Sarge261
Postmaster
Thanks,

Yes Ill post a link when I find what I want. I'm trying to find a set that's close to the Alcoa's the 450's come with. I obviously would like a set of Alcoa's but they're pricey. If I do change my wheels the ones on my truck will be for sale as well. I just wanted to go to maybe a 285 instead of the 275, wasn't going to go crazy as I don't want anything to do with spacers on the rear either.

I don't drive the truck much and I cant wait to get some seat time in it. I only put about 500 miles on it before it was parked for the winter. I really need to try and pin down a set of mud flaps before I do anything else at this point.

Sarge

Old 03-12-2018, 11:18 AM
Alaskan_Warbird
Elder User
Alaskan_Warbird is starting off with a positive reputation.
Originally Posted by Sarge261 View Post
Thanks,
If I do change my wheels the ones on my truck will be for sale as well. I just wanted to go to maybe a 285 instead of the 275, wasn't going to go crazy as I don't want anything to do with spacers on the rear either.
Just to confirm your stock wheels are the 17" rims, right? Please put me first in line if you don't have anyone else already waiting? Depending on price, cost of shipping, and timing, I'm very interested.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:54 PM
Sarge261
Postmaster
Yes OE Aluminums...I see your in AK shipping may kill that deal. Ill PM you once I make a decision.

Sarge

Old 03-12-2018, 02:38 PM
glrret
Senior User
glrret is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.glrret is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Paw's, I've owned my dually now for 7 months and I finally broke 3000 miles on mine last weekend. I had to pick-up my new to me skid steer. I haven't done any really heavy towing yet, the most I've hauled is 22,700lbs according to the CAT scale. I was very happy with the way it handled the load. Other than the bucking from these New England frost heave roads it did very well. Road up here can get awful rough in the winter time for frost that causes the pavement to crack and rise up like a wash board.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Sarges Dually Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.