I wish

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2017, 10:23 PM
catimann
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I wish

This was for sale a while ago and is back. I wish I could get this beauty.

https://bellingham.craigslist.org/ct...382865601.html

Old 12-27-2017, 11:11 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Received 90 Likes on 47 Posts
Me too. I have been to Bellingham twice since I first saw this, but ran out of time. It would be an exercise in futility as even if I could afford it, it would just sit here in a shed and never get used. It is an extremely cool truck, but I have my hands full and wallet empty

Old 12-27-2017, 11:34 PM
catimann
Mountain Pass
Wallet empty is perhaps one of the greatest saving graces there is.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:58 AM
tacomacream
Fleet Mechanic
Received 23 Likes on 21 Posts
Those fender well openings are the possibly the third size available from the factory. Any thoughts on that?

Old 12-28-2017, 02:13 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
I actually worry more about getting weak and calling THIS guy. I'm a fixer-upper guy with a fixer-upper budget, but I have kept my distance and am quite proud of myself so far....

Attached Files
File Type: html
tandem.html (14.4 KB, 35 views)
Old 12-28-2017, 07:43 PM
catimann
Mountain Pass
That axel shot needs to be kept.

Old 12-28-2017, 09:25 PM
willowbilly3
Post Fiend
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
It belongs in a collection or museum. It off the charts cool, but nearly as off the charts useless.
Gary, you could put a self loader and some bunks on it and get after some of those old grown snags.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:10 PM
Joe777
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Ya it might be very limited in its usefulness, but the cool factor on that truck is pegged! Limited cash and about 2000 miles are good things in this case.

Old 12-29-2017, 06:11 PM
Joe777
Laughing Gas
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
So would both rear axles be live or is one a tag axle?

Old 12-29-2017, 07:23 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 262 Likes on 216 Posts
The Thornton is a chain driven tag as shown in the pic. “I Wish” the seller would reply to my email asking him if he still has the truck’s original 18” wheels. I got three from our friend Chad up in the Toronto area, and tried but failed to buy a couple more from the pictured parts truck. Hope the original wheels were saved. Stu

Chads:

Don Chews:

Old 12-29-2017, 07:46 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by truckdog62563
The Thornton is a chain driven tag as shown in the pic. “I Wish” the seller would reply to my email asking him if he still has the truck’s original 18” wheels. I got three from our friend Chad up in the Toronto area, and tried but failed to buy a couple more from the pictured parts truck. Hope the original wheels were saved. Stu

Chads:

Don Chews:

Don't feel bad Stu.... He never responded to my message about "does it run"? Tires seem up, no grass or weeds around them. That was 6 months ago. I also continue to look at the 3/4 tonner pickup in Oregon that has no engine/trans and chevy mounts welded in. I look and I look and I lust after the rear fenders, but really nothing else. Maybe the running boards. I have lots of good tonner front fenders from 1 1/2 tone. But for a grand and an expensive road trip and ferry ride, I could have 2 of my 4 existing tonner pu rear fenders done professionally or even buy a plasma cutter and make 2 out of 4. I don't have to explain to most of you why I keep looking at this junk! We congregate here because we share this bizarre affliction.

Bold
Italic
Underline
Align Left
Align Center
Align Right
Ordered List
Unordered List
Decrease Indent
Increase Indent
Insert Link
Remove Link
Insert Email Link
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
Wrap [CODE] tags around selected text
Wrap [PHP] tags around selected text

Chads:

Don Chews:

Don't feel bad Stu.... He never responded to my message about "does it run"? Tires seem up, no grass or weeds around them. That was 6 months ago. I also continue to look at the 3/4 tonner pickup in Oregon that has no engine/trans and chevy mounts welded in. I look and I look and I lust after the rear fenders, but really nothing else. Maybe the running boards. I have lots of good tonner front fenders from 1 1/2 tone. But for a grand and an expensive road trip and ferry ride, I could have 2 of my 4 existing tonner pu rear fenders done professionally or even buy a plasma cutter and make 2 out of 4. I don't have to explain to most of you why I keep looking at this junk! We congregate here because we share this bizarre affliction.

Chads:

Don Chews:

Bold
Italic
Underline
Align Left
Align Center
Align Right
Ordered List
Unordered List
Decrease Indent
Increase Indent
Insert Link
Remove Link
Insert Email Link
Insert Image
Wrap [QUOTE] tags around selected text
Wrap [CODE] tags around selected text
Wrap [PHP] tags around selected text

Chads:

Don Chews:

Old 12-29-2017, 07:48 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
Wow, that didn't go as planned. I think you will find my recent text sandwiched in there somewhere,

Old 12-29-2017, 08:16 PM
truckdog62563
Marmon-Herrington Man
Received 262 Likes on 216 Posts
I’ve been wondering whether you bit on that 3/4 we swapped notes about. Seemed like a screaming good deal to me. But I figured you’d mention it here if you had made the deal. So you’re still looking at it? Stu

Old 12-29-2017, 08:41 PM
GB SISSON
Lead Driver
I’ve been wondering whether you bit on that 3/4 we swapped notes about. Seemed like a screaming good deal to me. But I figured you’d mention it here if you had made the deal. So you’re still looking at it? Stu
Yes, about every week. But those weird wide 5s and no other running gear, along with what looks like rusty sheet metal means it's just about the rear fenders. I have 3 tonner pu's already. The red one has a near perfect High desert California cab and a good bed, the complete dark green one 'Uncle Oscar' is a Western Wa rust bucket and the one with no bed is from Eastern Washinton, pretty much a desert as well. The second, third and fifth are all uncle oscar, and the ones with any red on them are the truck I got at the Portland Or swap meet in April. Uncle Oscar has a severly cracked block, the red one from Rimrock Ranch, smokes pretty bad and the first ine I got in Twisp has no engine or tranny. All 3 have titles, now in my name!

Attached Images