2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Complete "How To" Halogen to LED Heads & Tails

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2017, 06:14 PM
honda250xtitan
Cargo Master
Received 390 Likes on 261 Posts
Awesome writeup.

Old 12-04-2017, 07:42 AM
BigJoeT
Senior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by jmeo
I guess I would run all four, I mean why not?

Pin #6 would be left headlight outage
Pin #17 would be right headlight outage

Line 726-27-01 (from the chart I posted in post #1) looks like it has to do with front outage detection so I'm guessing you would NOT change this values from stock since your running the outage wire.

The question is what will happen when you change line 726-27-02 (needs to be changed for taillights)? I believe you still need AMB off but does this still turn off outage detection?

You know what? I changed my mind. I would NOT run outage detection wires because what I have done works perfectly, why mess with it and make more questions for myself?
Hmm..I was all set to run 4 wires but now i'm second guessing it as well. Even if we ran 4 wires and 726-27-02 did turn off outage detection, i am thinking the extra wire would not cause any issues if it does disable them. I kinda like the idea of running it in case we find out something later and I not have to run more wires. Maybe i'll run all four and not hook up the additional two wires, just leave them taped up for future use if needed.

Old 12-04-2017, 08:36 AM
jmeo
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Run all four, my friend helped me figure out what ForScan changes would be done so your good to run all four if you want or just two. I'll update the thread tonight

Old 12-05-2017, 07:37 AM
BigJoeT
Senior User
Sounds good. Thanks for all your contributions.

Old 12-05-2017, 08:16 PM
jmeo
Senior User
First post edited with info for those running the outage wires (at very end of post)

Old 12-07-2017, 09:11 AM
brendanlush
Cross-Country
SO, can I do these separately? Like install the LED Tails then install the LED Heads at a later date?

Old 12-07-2017, 09:19 AM
jmeo
Senior User
Originally Posted by brendanlush
SO, can I do these separately? Like install the LED Tails then install the LED Heads at a later date?
Absolutely

Old 12-07-2017, 09:23 AM
brendanlush
Cross-Country
Alright. So with ForScan do I still need to change the For As Built LED Trucks line? Or will I still just need to change Disable ABM Outage & Rear Outage

Old 12-07-2017, 09:30 AM
jmeo
Senior User
Alright. So with ForScan do I still need to change the For As Built LED Trucks line? Or will I still just need to change Disable ABM Outage & Rear Outage
Should just have to do the ABM and rear outage and have it work. I did it all at once as you know but I believe others have done what you're asking.

Old 12-07-2017, 09:59 AM
brendanlush
Cross-Country
Originally Posted by jmeo
Should just have to do the ABM and rear outage and have it work. I did it all at once as you know but I believe others have done what you're asking.
Thank you my good man!

Old 12-07-2017, 07:58 PM
brendanlush
Cross-Country
Installed my LED Tails this evening! Everything went smooth as could be. Harness is a pain in the *** to remove/replace but all is well! The guy I bought the tails/headlamps off already had the harness pre wired which was a bonus! Doing the heads tomorrow, wish me luck! Ill take pics after its all complete!

Old 12-08-2017, 01:53 PM
brendanlush
Cross-Country
On the 16 cavity plug, where does 1 start and 16 end?

Old 12-08-2017, 03:18 PM
1fastktm
Freshman User
Originally Posted by Stroking2017
Sounds good. Another annoying thing that bothers me and I contribute it to being tapped to the egr wire after I kill the engine the "C" outline will remain lit almost a full minuite before they shut off. At first it didn't bother me but now after seeing how you seem to have hacked a better way to work like factory has me striving to make the change because I too am somewhat **** and a perfectionist lol. I just hate that I used a scoth tap on the egr wire and now the insulation has been compromised. Plus with the harness theres alot of extra wire and morimoto boxes to fail eventually adding to the already cluttered space.
Or you can use a metripack splice pack kit with weather seals and common gang this way it is sealed. Scotchlocks are complete junk.

You could depin the connector to get the wire you tapped free and run an adhesive lined piece of heatshrink if you don't like the compromised insulation.

Old 12-08-2017, 09:08 PM
brendanlush
Cross-Country
JMEO.

Installed my lights today (minus running the wires from inside, will do at a late date) and it all went well, except for when I changed the "Change to Linear Power" my interior lights would stay on and Pulse. I disabled it again, because it was obviously annoying, but what does the Linear power do? Is it ok to keep enabled?

Also, THANK YOU guys again I cant say enough about how happy I am this all turned out! Any new truck should come with these lights stock and not an option.

Old 12-09-2017, 08:51 AM
jmeo
Senior User
JMEO.

Installed my lights today (minus running the wires from inside, will do at a late date) and it all went well, except for when I changed the "Change to Linear Power" my interior lights would stay on and Pulse. I disabled it again, because it was obviously annoying, but what does the Linear power do? Is it ok to keep enabled?

Also, THANK YOU guys again I cant say enough about how happy I am this all turned out! Any new truck should come with these lights stock and not an option.
That's weird. For me the headlights flickered until I made this line change but I can't remember having any issue with the interior lights. Do you have a lariat?

Quick Reply: Complete "How To" Halogen to LED Heads & Tails