Notices
1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

Wheel opinions please

Old 11-21-2017, 07:45 PM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
Gicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to behold
Wheel opinions please

So I am trying to decide what color I want my wheels to be. The four options are flat red, gloss red, gloss back, and flat black. What do you guys think?

Old 11-21-2017, 07:59 PM
moejr
Senior User
moejr is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I like the flat red.....goes with the rest of the truck IMO.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:08 PM
abe
Post Fiend
abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.abe has a spectacular reputation.
Flat red....

Old 11-21-2017, 08:28 PM
Greg Rogers
Elder User
Greg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to allGreg Rogers is a name known to all
How about some type of gold or tan to match the front bumper? I think out of the 4 choices it would be flat red.

Old 11-21-2017, 08:50 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.bobbytnm has a spectacular reputation.
My votes on shiny red

Bobby

Old 11-21-2017, 09:43 PM
Moe Craig
Postmaster
Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.Moe Craig has a great reputation on FTE.
How about black with a red pinstripe!

Old 11-21-2017, 09:53 PM
dcavan001
Senior User
dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.dcavan001 has a great reputation on FTE.
Flat red for the flathead

Old 11-22-2017, 03:41 AM
1949f1
Elder User
1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.1949f1 has a great reputation on FTE.
I like the gloss red

Old 11-22-2017, 07:24 AM
Justboy
Senior User
Justboy has a very good reputation on FTE.Justboy has a very good reputation on FTE.Justboy has a very good reputation on FTE.
Gloss red on basis of the photos.

Old 11-22-2017, 07:59 AM
49f3dls
Posting Guru
49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of49f3dls has much to be proud of
One of each works with the rest of the paint job.
Sorry just couldn't resist.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:34 AM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
Gicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to beholdGicknordon is a splendid one to behold
Originally Posted by 49f3dls View Post
One of each works with the rest of the paint job.
Sorry just couldn't resist.
I know haha. The main color will be the red that the cab is. That is whenever I get to painting it haha.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:35 AM
Gicknordon
Posting Guru
Thanks for th opinions so far guys. Ill see if anyone else will comment before I say which one I like.

Old 11-22-2017, 09:56 AM
blsd49
Senior User
blsd49 has a very good reputation on FTE.blsd49 has a very good reputation on FTE.blsd49 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Flat red, but I do like Greg's idea of a tan or gold.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:00 AM
raytasch
Old guy with old toys
raytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputationraytasch has a superb reputation
Wheels to match the truck. Red truck, red wheels. BTW, looking good. You've come a long way.

Old 11-22-2017, 10:03 AM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
petemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud ofpetemcl has much to be proud of
I obviously like flat red.

-

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: Wheel opinions please

Contact Us - About Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

© 2019 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.