Does Anyone Know of a Person Who Makes a Dual Snorkel Air Filter Housing?

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2017, 04:02 PM
Keoneeli1
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Does Anyone Know of a Person Who Makes a Dual Snorkel Air Filter Housing?

Hey,

Does anyone make a dual snorkel air filter housing? I know that I am able to buy them off eBay, but I would rather have someone who loves FORDS, from the site make one, custom for me, and my '65 F100 352 FE.

I am really only asking because I have ALS ( Lou Gehrig's Disease ), so if I could make one myself, I would.

But, if someone could, I would rather buy a custom one built for my truck.

I am new to this forum, but not to the forum brother and sister hood. I have been on a few forums, and when the forum people come together, great things happen!

So, I am just wondering if anyone can make a dual snorkel air filter housing, for my '65 F100 352 FE truck. I really would rather buy one, custom made from a FET member. It would feel more special to have one made from someone from here!

Do you understand what I mean? Because I am not able to make one myself, I would feel like a member of the forum, if someone could do that for me, and my family. Because this truck is for my youngest son, because I never got a vehicle from my parents, and I want something different for my family and my boys!

So, please let me know if anyone is able to make a dual snorkel stock air filter housing?

Thank you, Ford Enthusiasts! I may be new here, now, but I won't be a newbie for too long!

Thanks again,

David ( Keoneeli1 ) Cawdrey

Old 10-27-2017, 05:38 PM
beartracks
Lead Driver
Received 140 Likes on 117 Posts
Ram Air Box I had good luck with these guys. Also used and offset A/C base and stud. Where to get the air could be a problem for you. I used oval HVAC adapters and some "L" brackets to bolt them to the front firewall.

Old 11-18-2017, 03:21 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Purchased 65 F100 many years ago with a 64 390 and the PO made a duel snorkel air filter but he also installed a 2 1/2" carb spacer and rather than reduce the size of the spacer he decided to drill an extra hole in the lid for the air filter to fit? Long story short, in process of selling and went to a different air intake. If interested I would sell for the cost of shipping.

Old 11-18-2017, 05:31 PM
Keoneeli1
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Hey,

I may have to accept your offer!

Would you please tell me what the shipping cost to :

David Cawdrey
13027 Dubuque Rd.
Snohomish, WA 98290

i don't have any money right now, but I am selling some other parts, so once I get the cost of the shipping, and then I will let you know when I have the money for the air filter housing.

Thanks again, for doing this for me, Dave!

Old 11-18-2017, 05:51 PM
daveengelson
Lead Driver
Received 14 Likes on 14 Posts
Originally Posted by Keoneeli1
Hey,

I may have to accept your offer!

Would you please tell me what the shipping cost to :

David Cawdrey
13027 Dubuque Rd.
Snohomish, WA 98290

i don't have any money right now, but I am selling some other parts, so once I get the cost of the shipping, and then I will let you know when I have the money for the air filter housing.

Thanks again, for doing this for me, Dave!
No hurry, with the holidays arriving and current projects on my agenda could take a few days to locate the air cleaner, weigh, measure for shipping box, then determine cost, may find not worth it?? Should be able to determine in the next week or so?

Old 11-29-2020, 08:14 PM
msalander
Tuned
Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts
I have a 1977 Custom with 302 2V, 4 speed M/T. It has an EGR, but it's blocked off. I bought the truck last spring, and my uncle, an amazing mechanic, got it running like a dream. I did not have the OEM air cleaner; mine was from a '70s Ford car. I guess I kinda obsessed over wanting an air cleaner from a pickup even though I was having no issues. I have since gotten a pickup air cleaner from a junkyard. Today, I fabbed up another snorkel. I don't really know why. I think the dual snorkels look cool. Mostly I just like to tinker and we're snowless up North right now, so more time to putz in my outdoor shop. The mod was easy enough--cut rectangular hole in air cleaner and attach 2nd snorkel with 2 self-tapping screws. I went for a drive not expecting much difference. At first, I thought things felt "smoother." However, after getting out on the highway, my pickup all the sudden started chugging/hesitating. It had never done this before, so poor performance after adding the 2nd snorkel can't be coincidence. It only did this at highway speeds in 4th gear. So...my plan is to block off the 2nd snorkel but keep it just for looks.