2017 camper package question... - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Super Duty/Heavy Duty > 2017+ Super Duty
Reload this Page >

2017 camper package question...

Notices
2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Old 10-12-2017, 06:53 PM
taycotrains
Junior User
taycotrains is starting off with a positive reputation.

I was wondering when you order a truck with the camper package what do you get on the truck vs without a camper package... the truck I ordered is a F-350 SRW...thanks for any info.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:54 PM
acadianbob
Elder User
acadianbob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.acadianbob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
On a 350, I think the only thing you would get is the rear anti-roll bar.

A 250 gets higher front spring rate, rear overloads, and anti-roll bar.

I believe the 350 already has the front springs and overloads.

Old 10-12-2017, 06:57 PM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
The front springs go up one level on the SRW 350 (5600#) as well so rear sway bar and HD front springs is what's added. As Bob said, the upper overloads are already included on the 350...

Old 10-12-2017, 07:16 PM
taycotrains
Junior User
Thank you for the info !

Old 10-12-2017, 07:18 PM
burgy
Senior User
burgy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Its designed for a slide in camper, not a 5th wheel or pull behind. I cant see putting a decent slide in so i assume thats not what you have.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:36 PM
lotsofords
Senior User
lotsofords is starting off with a positive reputation.
you also get the camper certification. It had load info on it.

Old 10-12-2017, 08:42 PM
taycotrains
Junior User
Originally Posted by burgy View Post
Its designed for a slide in camper, not a 5th wheel or pull behind. I cant see putting a decent slide in so i assume thats not what you have.
Well it might not be a Host Mammoth...but its decent enough for me...this thing has been sitting in my driveway for the last 7 weeks waiting for the my truck to be built...if a brand new F-350 SCSB SRW XL cant handle 3360lbs (actual scaled weight with all my crap in it) that's pretty sad...

Old 10-12-2017, 08:51 PM
ngamountains
Junior User
ngamountains is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good for you to have scaled the camper and know what it truly weighs. Nice rig. Good luck with the truck when it arrives. At that camper weight, with a Super Cab XL, I think from my own TC experience with a SC XL (LB dually) you should be in the ballpark.

Old 10-12-2017, 09:08 PM
taycotrains
Junior User
Originally Posted by ngamountains View Post
Good for you to have scaled the camper and know what it truly weighs. Nice rig. Good luck with the truck when it arrives. At that camper weight, with a Super Cab XL, I think from my own TC experience with a SC XL (LB dually) you should be in the ballpark.
Hey Randy !
That camper wouldn't be in my driveway if you didn't send me the link to it about 2 and 1/2 months ago...LOL !

Just a shame I have to replace a perfectly good truck just to haul it.

Thanks Again
BT

Old 10-12-2017, 10:10 PM
BnG250
New User
BnG250 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Good thread, I just bought a F250 Lariat with the camper package, but do not have any paperwork to confirm, other than the window sicker. Is the camper package tied to the VIN or did my dealer neglect to give me the cert.?

Old 10-12-2017, 10:30 PM
burgy
Senior User
burgy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Sorry, i had meant to say decent weighted, as in large. While at the dealer this weekend guy came in with a 450 dually with a slide in. 3 slides. Things was amazing.
Thats what I had in my head.
Nice camper!

Old 10-12-2017, 10:58 PM
taycotrains
Junior User
Sorry, i had meant to say decent weighted, as in large. While at the dealer this weekend guy came in with a 450 dually with a slide in. 3 slides. Things was amazing.
Thats what I had in my head.
Nice camper!
Oh jeez ... no offense taken at all...I'm just hoping that the truck I had built is going to work with this thing. 3 campers in 3 years and I hope we finally got it right ?

My wife loves to camp ...I don't at all ...I use the camper as lodging for events I go to (about 8 a year) with my antique truck. Plus about 4 camping trips a year to keep her happy.

I bought my first TC because the one event I go to rooms start at 189.00 a night (and those places are "traps") and 20 miles away from the venue.

Ill know when I get the truck in a couple more weeks if I made the right choices.

Old 10-13-2017, 06:40 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Karl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputationKarl4Cat has a superb reputation
Originally Posted by BnG250 View Post
Good thread, I just bought a F250 Lariat with the camper package, but do not have any paperwork to confirm, other than the window sicker. Is the camper package tied to the VIN or did my dealer neglect to give me the cert.?
The cert used to be a sticker inside the glove compartment. I believe it's now a sheet of paper that should have also been in your glove compartment or owners manual bundle.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:21 AM
acadianbob
Elder User
acadianbob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.acadianbob is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
You are right about that but I would say that there is also benefit if you are pulling a 5th wheel; especially on a 250. I added an anti-roll bar to my current truck and pulling a 5er became a much better experience.

Old 10-13-2017, 07:22 AM
Karl4Cat
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by acadianbob View Post
You are right about that but I would say that there is also benefit if you are pulling a 5th wheel; especially on a 250. I added an anti-roll bar to my current truck and pulling a 5er became a much better experience.
Absolutely. ON the 250 both the sway bar and overloads are a welcome addition to 5th wheel towing...

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: 2017 camper package question...

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service

We are a participant in the Amazon Services LLC Associates Program, an affiliate advertising program designed to provide a means for us to earn fees by linking to Amazon.com and affiliated sites.