Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: Halo Lifts

f150 speed limits

Search this Thread

Old 10-17-2017, 03:21 AM
ccstp
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
This thread is miserable. Can the mods start banning people that post their unsolicited opinions and offer zero help to the question being asked? While it's annoying to read these nanny mentality posts, my main issue with it is they just completely clutter up and derail the posts, and really hurt technical discussion. I feel like I'm having to listen to a bunch of people that just like to hear their own voice trying to talk over the select few who actually know what they are talking about and have helpful information to share. A thread that could be conscise and straight to the point after a few direct responses is all of a sudden a 3 page long minefield of nonsense.

Old 10-18-2017, 07:35 AM
shortride
Posting Guru
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I would be surprised that any law enforcement agency would not have access to performance shops or information from the manufacturer.

Old 10-19-2017, 08:34 AM
pmac150
Junior User
Speed Limiter

On my F150, I have the SCT Tuner, it allowed me to hit 120mph Easily, but keep in mind that I also have roughly:10K in suspension upgrades that allow my truck to handle higher speeds & off road. I don't drive my truck at those speeds, but i've done it.

Old 10-21-2017, 01:07 AM
PAWZ Guitar Company
Junior User
Our local Deputies drive Raptors. I was kind of curious as to why the truck was needed. Now I understand why. Thanks Deputy Dog. Now instead of being upset on the money they spent. I'll just be jealous.

Old 10-21-2017, 04:05 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Received 66 Likes on 65 Posts
Originally Posted by Adam R
I'll also add that anybody can drive on the autobahns and our US highways are far straighter, smoother and wider than German roads and I have yet to see an accident.
I want some of what you're smoking.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:14 AM
Wiggums
Posting Guru
Received 30 Likes on 24 Posts
What do you mean? A lot of the autobahns do not have shoulders and our highways are definitely straighter and wider. Despite the lack of the speed limit, smaller and unsafe cars, and the airbag requirements coming in much later, the death rate per million kilometers is less in Germany than the United States.

In fact, Germany is in the top three safest to drive in Europe. I would know this, I just spent three weeks driving in an Audi A6 then an A7 throughout Germany. I'd take our Interstate highway over the German autobahn any time of the day only if our Interstate didn't have such a ridiculous and arbitrary speed limit.

Originally Posted by Tedster9
I want some of what you're smoking.

Old 10-21-2017, 07:23 AM
Wiggums
Posting Guru
Anyhow, I think a speed limiter is unnecessary. A lot of the desert roads are very straight and I can imagine there would be times when a responder has to be at a certain spot urgently.

We got the 1972 Chevrolet Kingswood station wagon up to 120 miles an hour out in the desert on a very straight road. Very little risk. I am sure the F-150 handles better. Not everybody is stupid enough to hit 120 mph on a curvy road.

Ford and the other manufacturers are being too careful. Litigation? It's gotten ridiculous.

Old 10-21-2017, 09:31 AM
mikemtn
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by msgtord
Have you ever tried to catch up to a vehicle that was doing 100 mph? You can't do it if your vehicle will only do 98 mph.

And yes code 3 is the proper response, but each agency has its own policies and procedures.
And, how many places is chasing still legal?

Old 10-21-2017, 11:18 AM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
Originally Posted by Wiggums
What do you mean?
Germany is about the size of Indiana, they can afford to have better roads. Have you driven some of our interstates? They are in rough shape in a lot of places.

Old 10-22-2017, 11:09 AM
Wiggums
Posting Guru
Germany is about the size of Indiana, they can afford to have better roads. Have you driven some of our interstates? They are in rough shape in a lot of places.

I like the fact ours is very straight with shoulders on both sides. You can easily go 120 on most of it even with the shape it's in. The Autobahn is mostly two-line, curvy, with no shoulder on the left. The only one I like is the A2 from Berlin to Magdeburg. The rest sucks and it's pretty hard to hit 120 mph in a lot of it because of the sharp curves! Way sharper than ours so that wasn't exactly fun.

Old 10-22-2017, 12:06 PM
Wiggums
Posting Guru

I like the fact ours is very straight with shoulders on both sides. You can easily go 120 on most of it even with the shape it's in. The Autobahn is mostly two-line, curvy, with no shoulder on the left. The only one I like is the A2 from Berlin to Magdeburg. The rest sucks and it's pretty hard to hit 120 mph in a lot of it because of the sharp curves! Way sharper than ours so that wasn't exactly fun.

Old 10-22-2017, 12:57 PM
GlueGuy
Lead Driver
Received 215 Likes on 181 Posts
Excellent point. About the size of Indiana, and (roughly) the population of California, Florida, and Texas combined. Consider that those three states are among the largest (excepting Alaska).

Old 10-22-2017, 01:14 PM
Tom
Super Moderator
Received 672 Likes on 441 Posts
Originally Posted by GlueGuy
Excellent point. About the size of Indiana, and (roughly) the population of California, Florida, and Texas combined. Consider that those three states are among the largest (excepting Alaska).
Not really. Germany has almost 138,000 square miles, and Indiana is 36,400. It's not even close.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:29 PM
Tedster9
Post Fiend
You'd agree that we have a much, much larger country, I'd think. The point still stands.

Many US highways are in poor shape, and are not suitable for truly high speed use. Germany also has (or had) fairly rigorous safety inspections to pass, and one has to pass a pretty tough drivers test, both written and driving. Costs several thousand dollars to get a license. When you hear someone say "we should be more like Europe" keep in mind they may be too stupid to pass a drivers test over there. Their highways are built to a higher standard, again because they don't have to maintain 3000 mile stretches of it. A lot (most) of what makes for good road isn't visible, it's all underground and the different layers and drainage &c. Some of our roads are ready to be redone in 20 years seems like.

Old 10-22-2017, 02:30 PM
Green Power
Elder User
Original Poster, you may consider checking out Omega tuning, and 5 star tuning. You will be looking at about $500 per pickup, but a very good product. I hope i was helpful unlike some of the other immature posters in here.

Quick Reply: f150 speed limits