2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Deavers installed

Search this Thread

Old 10-27-2017, 01:47 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Received 13 Likes on 7 Posts
Deavers installed

7 layers vs 3 From Ford. Keeps stock height and uses the ford block. I actually ordered these to keep stock height WITHOUT the blocks but Communication between Deaver and myself was apparently lacking. They said they are gonna look into making the setup I want but at this point I should just install these and they removed the charge off my card. So we’ll see what happens but for right now I’ll be testing these out.

Old 10-27-2017, 01:52 PM
rigman44
Freshman User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
please pass on a review once some miles have been logged. I have been waiting to pull the trigger on these. I would think the ride should be way better. Is it $1000 better though?

thx

Old 10-27-2017, 01:53 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
The odd install issue was the spring perch being wider than the bushing. That leaves about 1/4 inch of space side to side. So if I hear them moving or squeaking I’ll have to add a washer or spacer. The Ford bushing extends out past the spring edge and obviously the Deaver bushing does not.

Oh also the front bolts needed to be cut out. The other option was to drop the gas tank but that seemed a little to difficult. Not sure why Ford chose the orient the front bolts with the head in and not out.

Old 10-27-2017, 02:00 PM
honda250xtitan
Cargo Master
Received 386 Likes on 258 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSteam

Oh also the front bolts needed to be cut out. The other option was to drop the gas tank but that seemed a little to difficult. Not sure why Ford chose the orient the front bolts with the head in and not out.
Carli instructions mention that as well, they say you can drop the fuel tank a bit and access the bolt without disconnecting any lines.

hows it ride?

Old 10-27-2017, 02:07 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Originally Posted by honda250xtitan
Carli instructions mention that as well, they say you can drop the fuel tank a bit and access the bolt without disconnecting any lines.

hows it ride?

Can’t complain. It seems squishy in a good way. Like softer. But that’s only a few miles on it. I also had the Ford leaf springs in the bed (plus my 300lb cap) so there was probably about 500lbs of cargo weight. I just put the Ford springs in the garage for long term storage so the next drive should be more representative of my day to day driving. I’ll update after I put more miles on it.

I wish I knew someone with a stock Super Duty so I could make a comparison one after the other.

Old 10-27-2017, 02:24 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru

This is a clear picture of the spacing gap I was referring to. Maybe 1/2 inch actually. I’m think some kind of rubber and metal spacer? Any ideas.

Old 10-27-2017, 03:23 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
A poly bushing would work great in there. Interesting that they didnt make you one for use without the block. Isnt that what the Carli full deavers are?

Should go hit some Walmart speed bumps at speed...Im sure that'll put a smile on your face

Do you have the Fox 2.0's as well? I cant remember if you got them or not.

Old 10-27-2017, 05:33 PM
rwilimo
Fleet Mechanic
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
You definitely need to get a spacer (s) in there as that is not even close to tight, the bolt should flex the sides in slightly to put pressure on the inner metal sleeve of the bushing, that will cause all kinds of problems the way it is. On second thought, I would contact Deaver and see if they have a bushing or sleeve that fits properly.

Old 10-27-2017, 06:14 PM
xxxsherpa
Fleet Mechanic
Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Send them the pics and see what they say.

Old 10-27-2017, 07:51 PM
Towerhog
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You cant use a poly bushing here. Normally the inner sleeve sticks out past the leaf coil. You need to use a metal spacer that will keep the bracket/flange from collapsing when you tighten it down. It needs to be large enough to put the bolt thru but small enough that the actual leaf will not touch it.

Old 10-27-2017, 08:13 PM
honda250xtitan
Cargo Master
Received 386 Likes on 258 Posts
i'm also for some sort of a poly bushing in addition to a crush sleeve inside of the bushing so you can tighten it down and not smash the bushing. But maybe theres more to it then we can see from 2 pics lol.

I really want the deaver add-a-pack. Plus delete rear sway bar, add traction bars and fox or kings.

Old 10-28-2017, 12:13 AM
Omega Man
Senior User
Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by LiquidSteam

This is a clear picture of the spacing gap I was referring to. Maybe 1/2 inch actually. I’m think some kind of rubber and metal spacer? Any ideas.
I don't know what diameter the bolt is, but when we have this type of issue at work I find the appropriate size pipe with the correct ID and cut whatever size spacer I require. Basically a thick washer.

Old 10-28-2017, 07:44 AM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
Thanks for all the responses. I’m thinking I’ll go to the hardware store today and locate a spacer or something.

Yeah I don’t know what Deaver was thinking by making these with a short travel. I didn’t know they even did that at all. Honestly I’m not going to complain yet cause at this point I got the current springs for free. If I’m happy with them then I’ll just keep them. I’m definitely going to give them the benefit of the doubt and try to make them work.

I do have Fox 2.0 shocks. Super happy with those.

Old 10-28-2017, 09:45 AM
Towerhog
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Don't think of it as a complaint, rather R&D. I would still let Deaver know that the the bolt sleeve is too short and send them your pic. Maybe they aren't aware of it and that could help them and someone else down the road.

Old 11-14-2017, 06:39 PM
LiquidSteam
Posting Guru
I ended up putting some washers in the leaf spring pearch. Everything seems great since then. I don’t go off road but I do have some stupid bumpy road around me here in Massachusetts. These Deavers along with the Fox 2.0’s are great! Bang for the buck I say the fox shocks are a much better ride quality option (especially since they don’t reduce your payload) but the Deavers do add an additional bit of softness to the rear end. I’m very happy.

2 washers on the outside and 1 on the inside.

2 washers on the outside and 1 on the inside

Quick Reply: Deavers installed