2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Vehicle Health Report

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2017, 02:20 PM
pkjohn1
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Vehicle Health Report

Has anyone been able to run this on their SD?

Got a notification on owner.ford to enable it. So it's enabled, phone is the primary number and dealer is set.

Followed the instructions on FordPass/Sync, but just get a blank screen and only menu option is to exit FordPass.

1. Truck is running (not aux)
2. In park
3. Disabled Carplay
4. Phone is paired (iphone 6)
5. USB connection made
6. Press the Apps icon
7. Press the FordPass icon

Nada

Sync 3 version 2.0 (no updates for this model), did a check for update
Ford Pass App version 1.12.1
2017 F-250

Called Sync helpdesk, they said not available on my model/vehicle (funny that notification said it was). Transferred over to FordPass Helpdesk, said it was available.

Attached Images   
Old 08-28-2017, 02:27 PM
RugbyRef
Senior User
I, too, had been perplexed by this and researched it. Turns out...we don't have the "Sync Connect" module on our trucks that enable us to run the report (among other things). I looked into getting one and installing it, but lost interest when it priced out at $300+...AND....you're required to get some sort of vehicle security kit.

Maybe some of the folks on here have been successful with it?

Tim

Old 08-28-2017, 02:34 PM
pkjohn1
Freshman User
Originally Posted by RugbyRef
I, too, had been perplexed by this and researched it. Turns out...we don't have the "Sync Connect" module on our trucks that enable us to run the report (among other things). I looked into getting one and installing it, but lost interest when it priced out at $300+...AND....you're required to get some sort of vehicle security kit.

Maybe some of the folks on here have been successful with it?

Tim

From what I can see, the Sync Connect module is only providing the modem/cell connection. That would be applicable for remote door unlock, vehicle location, etc. Since I'm using my USB connected phone, I already have cell connection and Sync Applink to the Ford Pass app on phone.

Old 08-28-2017, 03:43 PM
Seastacker
Senior User
I have mine all set up. I did it again this morning. I plug mine in. Open the app on sync 3. Open the app on the phone. Leave it plugged in for a few (I left it on my way to work this morning. You then have to log into the Ford owners site. Once in there you can click the button to look at the vehicle health report. I cant tell you how much this pisses me off over something that should be easily to get to on the center cluster screen. Its not "hard", it's just so unnecessary with all this technology.

Old 08-29-2017, 06:22 AM
RugbyRef
Senior User
Originally Posted by Seastacker
I have mine all set up. I did it again this morning. I plug mine in. Open the app on sync 3. Open the app on the phone. Leave it plugged in for a few (I left it on my way to work this morning. You then have to log into the Ford owners site. Once in there you can click the button to look at the vehicle health report. I cant tell you how much this pisses me off over something that should be easily to get to on the center cluster screen. Its not "hard", it's just so unnecessary with all this technology.
Thanks! I was unaware that you could do it that way. I'll try this today!

Old 08-29-2017, 06:34 AM
BLUENGRAY05FX4
Senior User
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
I also was able to get mine to work, one step I took that I dont know if it was necessary was to click on the wifi icon in the top right of the sync 3 screen and link the truck to my home wifi... I believe you have to do this to get the truck to send the info to ford.owner??

Old 08-29-2017, 07:14 AM
Seastacker
Senior User
Originally Posted by BLUENGRAY05FX4
I also was able to get mine to work, one step I took that I dont know if it was necessary was to click on the wifi icon in the top right of the sync 3 screen and link the truck to my home wifi... I believe you have to do this to get the truck to send the info to ford.owner??

I am not connected to WIFI at all. I think it sends the data via your cell connection.

Old 08-29-2017, 08:13 AM
BLUENGRAY05FX4
Senior User
Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts
Originally Posted by Seastacker
I am not connected to WIFI at all. I think it sends the data via your cell connection.
Maybe it was a unneeded step on my part.

Old 08-30-2017, 04:23 AM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by pkjohn1
From what I can see, the Sync Connect module is only providing the modem/cell connection. That would be applicable for remote door unlock, vehicle location, etc. Since I'm using my USB connected phone, I already have cell connection and Sync Applink to the Ford Pass app on phone.
What your referring to is the remote access model which is totally different. Why no clue as it pretty much does the same thing.

Ford has said officially fordpass is not callable on 2017 super duties.

So for people to get it to work on their phones when plugged right to the truck seems weird. Ford is likely making some stuff up. Maybe fordpass does not officially work because the truck is not connected to cellular from factory. And the remote access is not supported with this system.