Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 05-15-2018, 07:07 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado350
Hey y’all what I miss? Hope you all have been doing well! Sous looks like you got a new RV, looks great. I can’t believe how everything greened up so quickly! Zach I drew a turkey archery tag for Beaver Creek Wildlife area, hoping to hit it hard this week. Looks like the Triax oil thread took on a new life, lol, from unbelievers to a few followers.
:drinks:
Where ya been John? Was just thinking yesterday you must've quit FTE Glad to hear things are good. Hope you get a Turkey or three.

Old 05-15-2018, 12:48 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,149 Likes on 654 Posts
Losing track of time here. Hoping to take the 5er to Robbers Cave this weekend. Get to put on 2 felts on a shutdown first tho. Y'all keep em knocking between the ditches

Old 05-15-2018, 02:59 PM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Received 9 Likes on 6 Posts
Hey y’all what I miss? Hope you all have been doing well! Sous looks like you got a new RV, looks great. I can’t believe how everything greened up so quickly! Zach I drew a turkey archery tag for Beaver Creek Wildlife area, hoping to hit it hard this week. Looks like the Triax oil thread took on a new life, lol, from unbelievers to a few followers.
:drinks:
Good luck on the thunder chicken John, this was my first with a bow. Don't think I'll grab the gun again unless I'm really frustrated.
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Where ya been John? Was just thinking yesterday you must've quit FTE Glad to hear things are good. Hope you get a Turkey or three.
I wish we could shoot that many! 1 spring, 1 fall. If you don't get your spring, 2 fall.

Oh, the town next to me had to get out the snow plows yesterday after 4" of hail, it missed me though. Springtime in the Rockies.

Old 05-15-2018, 05:55 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Hey Byron, nope just work. Very limited phone usage and only have internet to check emails. It’s great to be home! You still liking Nebraska?

Originally Posted by ZachinCO
Good luck on the thunder chicken John, this was my first with a bow. Don't think I'll grab the gun again unless I'm really frustrated.

I wish we could shoot that many! 1 spring, 1 fall. If you don't get your spring, 2 fall.

Oh, the town next to me had to get out the snow plows yesterday after 4" of hail, it missed me though. Springtime in the Rockies.
Thanks Zach, I’ve only hunt with a bow nowadays, rifle just doesn’t seem to offer the same challenge and satisfaction. Looking like we got some rain moving in tonight. Hoping for a cool weekend for hunting.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:29 PM
AllaboutMPG
Logistics Pro
Received 109 Likes on 69 Posts
Originally Posted by ZachinCO

We get three down here but no fall season and no hens. Guess I should be happy with 3.

Opening day this year by 7:45am my season was 2/3 over. 5 days later got nbr 3.

Have tried the bow before but these Easterns are really spooky. Hard to get drawn back and they don't like blinds. You guys hunting turkey's with a bow got my respect.

Like Sous says the weather down here has been great- 80's and 90's. Bass and trout fishing has been great.

Good luck to those still chasing them crazy birds.

Old 05-15-2018, 08:32 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Very nice Paul! A thunder chicken is not an easy mark.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:19 AM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Very Nice Paul! I've got an acquaintance down in MS that is a turkey fanatic. His birds are much like yours, harder to hunt that the whitetail. Got a text from a buddy 2 days ago, he went to KS to turkey hunt, got a double on jakes first morning.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:24 AM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 206 Likes on 108 Posts
Nice pair of birds, Paul.

Hope all you guys have been doing well. I've only been mostly lurking in here for the recent weeks. Work has been crazy busy with lots of OT and super tight deadlines on deliverables to our client. I'm in the initial phases of another huge confidential project which has the potential for creating a more jobs at another existing existing facility. Simultaneously, though, ever since January, I've had all my spare time consumed with a cocmplicated attic space renovation which is now 98% complete. I won't waste any space here in FTE with all the pics, but if anyone is interested, I've logged the project though my account in the DIYchatroom forum here >>> Attic Space Renovation - Project Showcase - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum.

The Truck... my F250... My growing list of things which need to be done continues to sort of just pile up. I need to dedicate several weekends this summer to getting everything done. BUT, projects for the wife are also piling up, and we all know how those priorities generally fall!

Old 05-16-2018, 10:16 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts

Hey Byron, nope just work. Very limited phone usage and only have internet to check emails. It’s great to be home! You still liking Nebraska?

Yeah John, loving it here. It's gotten a lot warmer, so that made it even better. I understand the work thing. We are in the middle of calving season so I have not time to scratch my azz let alone do much else. Don't be a stranger! Good to hear from you.

Old 05-16-2018, 11:22 AM
ZachinCO
More Turbo
Very Nice Pete! Lots of builders in Colorado are now enclosing attics and selling as a bonus room.

Old 05-16-2018, 12:23 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 206 Likes on 108 Posts
Thanks, Zach. I would really enjoy finishing that room off and venting the HVAC into it, but we've already invested so much into the house that I can't justify the extra expense. A new owner should see it as a "cheap upgrade" for their own longer term investment. After all, the kids are still progressing towards moving out, so we just really do not need that extra room for ourselves any more.

Old 05-16-2018, 02:44 PM
jhl3
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by F250_

....... Simultaneously, though, ever since January, I've had all my spare time consumed with a cocmplicated attic space renovation which is now 98% complete. I won't waste any space here in FTE with all the pics, but if anyone is interested, I've logged the project though my account in the DIYchatroom forum here >>> Attic Space Renovation - Project Showcase - DIY Chatroom Home Improvement Forum.

The Truck... my F250... My growing list of things which need to be done continues to sort of just pile up. I need to dedicate several weekends this summer to getting everything done. BUT, projects for the wife are also piling up, and we all know how those priorities generally fall!
Looks like somebody knows what they are doing and keeps their project clean. I did an attic renovation a decade ago and it was more challenging than I had anticipated with rerouting electrical, plumbing, and HVAC and got more expensive too. It was worth it in the end. I never did get completely used to the 4' knee walls while being 6'5" and got a reminder about once every two months...

Truck projects...just went out to the Ex and found a puddle of water on the DS mat....crap. Yesterday, I found where the aux tank on the e99 is leaking. Cut two tires on the 40' trailer last week. It never seems to end.

Old 05-16-2018, 03:13 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts
Jhl3, how do you like that KC38R? I was set to buy one when my JW trans went out. He sent me an e-mail on more coming in this week if it holds up. What CAI do you have? And is it noisey? I'm going to start traveling and pulling a trailer so it concerns me. Thanks,
Chet
I guess I skipped over it the first time, it's an S&B. But how is the sound level? Seems we have the same truck.

Old 05-16-2018, 09:54 PM
jhl3
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Bonanza35
Jhl3, how do you like that KC38R? I was set to buy one when my JW trans went out. He sent me an e-mail on more coming in this week if it holds up. What CAI do you have? And is it noisey? I'm going to start traveling and pulling a trailer so it concerns me. Thanks,
Chet
I guess I skipped over it the first time, it's an S&B. But how is the sound level? Seems we have the same truck.
Qualifier: I do have some hearing loss due to some really loud noises while working for our Uncle.

I really like the old style KC38R. It spools nice and quick. EGT's were lowered from the stock turbo upon install and Cody's tuning lowered them even further. Prior to having Cody's tunes, I did some relatively hard pulls up a few grades up to about 5000' ASL on Matt's/Gearhead tunes and found that the EGT's were 150-200 lower than stock with the same weight and route. As far as noise goes, it is a bit louder than the stock turbo. Having stated that, it is not annoying in the least even though you can hear the spool-up and is a lot quieter than the 38R that I borrowed for a few weeks which I was happy to return because it did have a scream when towing heavy, 17-18k in tow, on long grades. Above 60 mph you can't hear it at all unless you really get into the throttle, even then, it isn't bad. The best way that I can describe it: those of us who are old enough to remember when there were only AM radios in cars, remember the whine you would hear at times when the station was weak or there was some type of electromagnetic interference....well if you do, it is like that with the volume turned up to about 5-10% of max. I have heard that the newer KC38RSXE is even better at spool-up, lowering EGT's and is quieter. I think that the newer one is all you can purchase now. If I could change anything, I would probably choose the 1.0 A/R instead of the .84 that I have due to the 175/80's. Stock to 160/80's, I'd probably stay with the .84.

Hope that helps. If you have more q's, feel free to ask.

Old 05-16-2018, 10:45 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 144 Likes on 103 Posts
Thank you. It's good to here some real world experience. Love to have Cody tune mine. Anyway I should here from Charlie soon.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***