Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2018, 09:46 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,464 Likes on 2,853 Posts
Rich, I call those events a "come to Jesus moment".

Byron, I saw you mentioned it was a 17* pump, did your truck have something different like a 15*? I am not 100%, but don't the 99.5-2003.5 trucks come with a 17* pump?

Old 04-17-2018, 09:59 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Sous
Rich, I call those events a "come to Jesus moment".

Byron, I saw you mentioned it was a 17* pump, did your truck have something different like a 15*? I am not 100%, but don't the 99.5-2003.5 trucks come with a 17* pump?
You are correct Sous, but mine is an early '99, so it still had the 15. It ran great, but I got this 17 for cheap, so I went with it. I am glad I did, plus I tackled the fuel bowl reseal while I was in there.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:14 PM
ArmyLifer
Fleet Mechanic
Received 135 Likes on 84 Posts
Originally Posted by BBslider001
17* HPOP install happening today. I got it all resealed with a Diesel O-Rings kit. Good thing too because these O-Rings were toast.
Just out of curiosity, about how long did it take to do the fuel bowl and HPOP reseal? I’m trying to track down a HPOP leak and was wondering if it might just be easier to do them all and be done with it.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:26 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Okay, y'all are going to think I'm pretty stupid and I'm starting to feel pretty stupid regarding this fuel filter install. Do I have to drop the tank to get to the line so that I can put this filter in? I keep reading through the hutch mod, and I can't find a detailed explanation of how to install this filter. I see where goes to the back of the pump and I see where it goes to behind the tank, but apparently everyone is just disconnecting the entire line in replacing the fuel line. I'm pretty lost on this. If someone could give me a fairly detailed explanation, I would really appreciate it.

Old 04-17-2018, 12:27 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by ArmyLifer
Just out of curiosity, about how long did it take to do the fuel bowl and HPOP reseal? I’m trying to track down a HPOP leak and was wondering if it might just be easier to do them all and be done with it.
It took me about an hour to do both. Yes, you have to remove the hpop to fix any leak and you'll want to see where it's coming from. Just reseal the entire thing while you have it out. It's pretty simple.

Old 04-17-2018, 02:13 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Byron, I accomplished the Racor filter install while doing the hutch and harpoon mod. Yes, I replaced the hard line from the tank to the pump with a diesel rated fuel line and put the Racor in line between the pump and the tank.

I think this answers your question, if not someone else will be along shortly to get it for you.

Old 04-17-2018, 03:07 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Byron, I accomplished the Racor filter install while doing the hutch and harpoon mod. Yes, I replaced the hard line from the tank to the pump with a diesel rated fuel line and put the Racor in line between the pump and the tank.

I think this answers your question, if not someone else will be along shortly to get it for you.
Thanks Sous. Yeah, that answers my question. I was just going to do the filter install today until I figured out that the tank has to come down unless I just want to cut that line. So now that I know that, I guess the filter install won't be happening today. Bummer.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:24 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Byron, is it still possible for you to put an emoji of some sort on the main (first) post in order for it to highlight this thread? Sometimes I have a hard time picking it out among the others.

Well, the camper is as good as sold and my wife and I are looking at the replacement candidates this weekend. The camper we have is going to a fellow FTE'r that lives about an hour north of me, so that is good. We think they will have a great time with it and their family should make a lot of good memories in it.

We are looking at the Heartland Sundance XLT 267 currently. It is the only trailer we have been able to find that is a 5th wheel, short-ish under 29 ft and has a bedroom slide for the bed. The Sundance is a happy medium between our first camper which was a travel trailer and then the 5th wheel we are selling on Monday. We hope to have the new to us trailer for the next 10-15 years and take down a lot of miles with it.

My last day of work is May 25th and we are going to try and make memories instead of money and collect experiences instead of objects/things. It is a bit of a leap of faith for us because I am leaving a great paying job to try and enjoy life before it goes by while I am sleeping because of working too much.

Anyway, happy Friday and spring day everyone.

Old 04-20-2018, 07:45 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Byron, is it still possible for you to put an emoji of some sort on the main (first) post in order for it to highlight this thread? Sometimes I have a hard time picking it out among the others.

Well, the camper is as good as sold and my wife and I are looking at the replacement candidates this weekend. The camper we have is going to a fellow FTE'r that lives about an hour north of me, so that is good. We think they will have a great time with it and their family should make a lot of good memories in it.

We are looking at the Heartland Sundance XLT 267 currently. It is the only trailer we have been able to find that is a 5th wheel, short-ish under 29 ft and has a bedroom slide for the bed. The Sundance is a happy medium between our first camper which was a travel trailer and then the 5th wheel we are selling on Monday. We hope to have the new to us trailer for the next 10-15 years and take down a lot of miles with it.

My last day of work is May 25th and we are going to try and make memories instead of money and collect experiences instead of objects/things. It is a bit of a leap of faith for us because I am leaving a great paying job to try and enjoy life before it goes by while I am sleeping because of working too much.

Anyway, happy Friday and spring day everyone.
I sure can Sous...I just need to be reminded how to edit the title itself. I was looking and have CRS this morning. I'll keep trying it until someone chimes in.

In other news it sounds like you have a lot of good life changes happening! I am pretty stoked for you to see where the new road takes you guys. I do not think you will be disappointed at all. I also am happy to see you are looking at a Heartland. (not that you were looking for my approval) I really hope you are as happy with it as we have been with ours. You know, you can always get a job, but you can't get time back. If you find it isn't working, you can always go back. I did things sort of backwards in my life because I wanted to start a business and pursue my passions while I had the body and mind to do it. Hence the reason I am an older parent now and just finishing grad school. I am good with it though. Most of my friends have grown kids or close to it. I have a 6 year-old daughter and a 20 month old son. It was backwards to some, but not to me. I have never been real conventional anyways LOL! Keep us posted! This is going to be fun!

Old 04-20-2018, 08:09 AM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Byron,

IIRC if you click on edit for the first post then advanced when that box opens you can change the title of the thread. About 50 and sunny here today and warmer over the weekend. Happy weekend everybody.

Old 04-20-2018, 08:25 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Walleye Hunter
Byron,

IIRC if you click on edit for the first post then advanced when that box opens you can change the title of the thread. About 50 and sunny here today and warmer over the weekend. Happy weekend everybody.
Thanks Mark. I tried this and it only let me change the title to my first post. I am sure Rich will chime in....hopefully. I know it is easy, but I just can't seem to find it. Happy weekend! Mine is gonna be pretty busy. We have 400+ head of calves coming home Saturday. Gonna be a long day on a horse.

Old 04-20-2018, 09:07 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
Got the trailer ready to go this weekend again, and now everywhere within a 5 hour drive has 60-100% chance of rain sat and Sunday. Why can't the kids be out of school during the weekdays when the weather is nice?
at least I finally get a few days of work

Old 04-20-2018, 11:10 AM
Stewart_H
Super Moderator
Received 86 Likes on 79 Posts
Before the latest upgrade, the edit window had been thirty days. I dunno if it's still the same, but I edited the title to make it more obvious, I hope it helps.

Byron, I have found that after I edit a post for someone, it resets the 30 day edit window, so you should be able to edit your first post now, if you wanna change it.

Stewart

Old 04-20-2018, 12:22 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Stewart_H
Before the latest upgrade, the edit window had been thirty days. I dunno if it's still the same, but I edited the title to make it more obvious, I hope it helps.

Byron, I have found that after I edit a post for someone, it resets the 30 day edit window, so you should be able to edit your first post now, if you wanna change it.

Stewart
Thanks Stewart! It should be good the way it is now. I'll take a look when I get home.

Old 04-20-2018, 01:44 PM
hydro man 17
Posting Guru
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
" It is the only trailer we have been able to find that is a 5th wheel, short-ish under 29 ft and has a bedroom slide for the bed."

Sous, I have an older Komfort with dual slide for Living room and bed room. Do not know if they still build them that way or still have the same quality level or not.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***