Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2019, 05:46 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

Received 140 Likes on 100 Posts
You are staying busy for sure. Glad you got it done now rather then this summer.

Old 03-25-2019, 10:06 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Received 119 Likes on 84 Posts
Well, it’s good to be back home, looks like a lot has happened while I was gone. Hope y’all are doing well.

Old 03-25-2019, 11:04 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Received 376 Likes on 268 Posts
Originally Posted by Colorado350
Well, it’s good to be back home, looks like a lot has happened while I was gone. Hope y’all are doing well.
Yo John! Where ya been? Been wondering. Hope all is well with you.

Old 03-26-2019, 09:26 AM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Yo John! Where ya been? Been wondering. Hope all is well with you.
. Hey Byron, spent 5+ weeks around the Horn of Africa and the Gulf of Aden, we provided security on several cargo ships from piracy. When the government shutdown, they didn’t pay on our contract so... you’re not gonna pay us, we don’t work it’s that simple. The company took a contract with several cargo ships to provide security, great pay, talk about a **** hole though. There’s a relatively strong military presence in the area but the area still has some slow learners, if you get my point. There’s been reports of pirates attacking Military ships at night by accident...OOPS!! The ROE are also more lenient because of the money involved if a ship is seized.
‘How are you liking CA? I see you’re selling the truck any hits?

Old 03-26-2019, 11:01 AM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by Colorado350
. Hey Byron, spent 5+ weeks around the Horn of Africa and the Gulf of Aden, we provided security on several cargo ships from piracy. When the government shutdown, they didn’t pay on our contract so... you’re not gonna pay us, we don’t work it’s that simple. The company took a contract with several cargo ships to provide security, great pay, talk about a **** hole though. There’s a relatively strong military presence in the area but the area still has some slow learners, if you get my point. There’s been reports of pirates attacking Military ships at night by accident...OOPS!! The ROE are also more lenient because of the money involved if a ship is seized.
‘How are you liking CA? I see you’re selling the truck any hits?
Man you've been living!! I can only imagine the A-hole level you had to deal with.

Loving being back home. Good to be with friends and community again. And yeah, sadly Ike is for sale. Man I love this truck, hut we need more room. Looking at CC V10s or another 7.3 if it works out. The V10 will suit our needs and they are cheap, easy to upgrade, and will haul our trailer when needed.

As far as any interest it's just been tire kickers and morons that can't afford anything. I only had one guy that I thought was going to show up with a check only to tell me Navy Federal wouldn't finance him so he had to buy some other truck like mine that was in way worse shape. Then after giving me the runaround for 4 hours and having me help him out for a couple of days trying to get everything squared away, he bails on me and then wants to ask me for help on getting his current 7.3 up to performance standards. SMH...I thought it would have sold by now or I would have least had a lot of interest, but I really haven't had any interest at all. It's pretty surprising considering the truck and the shape it's in, but maybe it is not meant to sell. If not, I'll just keep it and make do until I decide to do something different. It's just too good of a truck to give away.

Old 03-26-2019, 12:00 PM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
3yrs ago, for chits n grins, i posted up the l99. Since, i had dumped the veggie system and moved next to daughter/school(no more 65 mile one way trips), and no trailer, REALLY had no need for it. At 6k and paint job needing a dermatologist, it STILL had the hits. Wasnt until the guy showed up and started to drive it, was when I pulled the plug on selling it. Just did not like anyone but me in captain chair....A year later, same gig. Up for sale and plenty of hits. Then, i bought a trailer and pulled the ad....Finally, january of 2018 put up for sale because i got the 02 and not 1 effin hit, at 4500. Paint job i thought i did(rattle can and smoothed it out) didnt look bad, but..nuth'n...even tried the waters with the 02(170k) for chits at 10k and only 1 hitter but at 7k..crazy...was in O.C.

Old 03-26-2019, 12:28 PM
F250_
Hotshot
Received 199 Likes on 107 Posts
Around inhere in central Alabama, I see the spring season as being the hardest time to get $$ for a truck, unless it's a Toyota.

Old 03-26-2019, 02:19 PM
Walleye Hunter
Hotshot
Received 888 Likes on 625 Posts
Ain't that the pits. When we want to buy something prices are sky high but when we want to sell it's a whole 'nother ball game.

Old 03-26-2019, 02:22 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by F250_
Around inhere in central Alabama, I see the spring season as being the hardest time to get $$ for a truck, unless it's a Toyota.
Originally Posted by timmyboy76
3yrs ago, for chits n grins, i posted up the l99. Since, i had dumped the veggie system and moved next to daughter/school(no more 65 mile one way trips), and no trailer, REALLY had no need for it. At 6k and paint job needing a dermatologist, it STILL had the hits. Wasnt until the guy showed up and started to drive it, was when I pulled the plug on selling it. Just did not like anyone but me in captain chair....A year later, same gig. Up for sale and plenty of hits. Then, i bought a trailer and pulled the ad....Finally, january of 2018 put up for sale because i got the 02 and not 1 effin hit, at 4500. Paint job i thought i did(rattle can and smoothed it out) didnt look bad, but..nuth'n...even tried the waters with the 02(170k) for chits at 10k and only 1 hitter but at 7k..crazy...was in O.C.
Man, who knows? I was wondering about the time of year as well. I also wonder if SoCal is not the place to sell a truck like this. Both of my OBS 7.3s sold in a week. I thought this would be that way. I do have it posted in AZ, NV, and TX. It may be that Ike stays for the long haul. I'll have it up 'til the 31st, then he comes down. I had a guy text me this morning and asked me how many miles and I told him. Then he asked how much with a bunch of question marks on the end of the sentence. I told him the price knowing he was being a smart-azz. He put a bunch of laughing emojis and said yeah good luck with that. I replied with "yeah f*** you too". I told my wife that no amount of money is worth that kind of BS. I know probably should not have responded that way, but he caught me at the wrong time. I'm thinking about getting her an excursion with a V10, keeping my truck, and keeping the Kia soul for running around town and doing stuff like that. I dunno...all up in the air. I do know that dealing with any of these fools isn't worth any amount of money to me.

Old 03-26-2019, 03:12 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

You missed out here. There was one down the street for a year that was listed for 5500.oo. The guy finely sold it. Don't know what he got for it but it looked good on the outside. If it was a Diesel, I would of looked at it. Diesel Ex goes pretty fast if in good shape.

Old 03-26-2019, 03:18 PM
Bonanza35
Lead Driver

On a side note. Don't go to Safelite glass for front windows. They just took mine out and it had a small area of rust under the seal. Size of a dime, and a hole the size of two pencil leads and they won't replace the window. I now have a truck out front with no window. I called my insurance back, they are there glass guys, and have to now wait for a call back from the adjuster or body shop. I have zero deductible for glass replacement. Sucks here in California.I told them up North
they repair that kind of damage and install. I new better then to use them but it was covered.

Old 03-26-2019, 05:15 PM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,133 Likes on 645 Posts
Long day

Got er dun. 4" is in

Old 03-27-2019, 07:31 AM
timmyboy76
Lead Driver
Received 48 Likes on 36 Posts
Yup...good way to tell them to pound sand...They roll up in something that the doors are falling off. Comb over the rig with a pic, find ANYTHING wrong then try to justify their price offer...Hey di@&head, you want a new truck, the dealers' up the street.
Byron, sometimes "more" is a bad thing. Trim some fat off your ad and see what happens? My reasoning is, you aint dealing with fte'rs. The 1 guy that drove my truck, we ended looking under his hood lol. I gave him the chevy uppipe donuts haha. He still looked at me with the goonies Sloth look...whatever.

Old 03-27-2019, 12:08 PM
BBslider001
Hotshot
Originally Posted by timmyboy76
Yup...good way to tell them to pound sand...They roll up in something that the doors are falling off. Comb over the rig with a pic, find ANYTHING wrong then try to justify their price offer...Hey di@&head, you want a new truck, the dealers' up the street.
Byron, sometimes "more" is a bad thing. Trim some fat off your ad and see what happens? My reasoning is, you aint dealing with fte'rs. The 1 guy that drove my truck, we ended looking under his hood lol. I gave him the chevy uppipe donuts haha. He still looked at me with the goonies Sloth look...whatever.
I think you're absolutely right. Been thinking this myself. You mean on the list of "upgrades"?

Haha, sloth....great description.

Old 03-27-2019, 01:12 PM
Colorado350
Postmaster
Originally Posted by BBslider001
Man, who knows? I was wondering about the time of year as well. I also wonder if SoCal is not the place to sell a truck like this. Both of my OBS 7.3s sold in a week. I thought this would be that way. I do have it posted in AZ, NV, and TX. It may be that Ike stays for the long haul. I'll have it up 'til the 31st, then he comes down. I had a guy text me this morning and asked me how many miles and I told him. Then he asked how much with a bunch of question marks on the end of the sentence. I told him the price knowing he was being a smart-azz. He put a bunch of laughing emojis and said yeah good luck with that. I replied with "yeah f*** you too". I told my wife that no amount of money is worth that kind of BS. I know probably should not have responded that way, but he caught me at the wrong time. I'm thinking about getting her an excursion with a V10, keeping my truck, and keeping the Kia soul for running around town and doing stuff like that. I dunno...all up in the air. I do know that dealing with any of these fools isn't worth any amount of money to me.
Byron, just be careful pissing off people especially texts, if you listed on craigslist all they have to do is repeatedly hit prohibited and your ad will be taken down as spam without notification. And craigslist could ban your IP address which means you can’t post anything up. I ignore them and save the little *****’s phone number and then go into Uship or a website for shipping vehicles fill out a fake ad put that person‘s phone number , create a spam email just for payback like this... that SOB will get phone calls and emails for months and often multiple times a day! . .
Beware of the Old Man, for he is intelligent, patient and treacherous and those qualities make him very dangerous!

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***