Sponsored by:
Sponsored by: DP Tuner

*** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2023, 08:26 AM
runningman777
More Turbo
Received 390 Likes on 243 Posts
OK, so this was weird... after uploading a bunch of pictures to post here, I drug the tab to my larger monitor and wound up in an Ohio sub chapter thread. Warnings about changes that were not saved, but couldn't find my way back to save them...

Old 07-15-2023, 08:44 AM
Wes444
Logistics Pro
Received 1,141 Likes on 651 Posts
Did it not have the click to restore saved content ?

Old 07-15-2023, 09:04 AM
runningman777
More Turbo
Here's an update on the overhaul to my 2010 Peterbilt 387. I'm moving up to the big boys after running my 99 F350 7.3 hotshot truck the past 3.5 years.

Been helping out the past 3 days, cleaning, painting, handing tools etc., anything I could do to expedite the process and lower the labor cost.

Learning a ton as I go since I'm seeing things that are normally hidden from sight.

Yesterday I was able to do a leak test and finally found another AC leak. I have fixed two leaks so far but I was still losing refrigerant.
The line from the passenger side of the condensing coil to the filter drier mounted on the firewall next to the steering shaft will have to be custom made so I will investigate options. As a last resort I can head to a refrigeration supply place and pick up materials to make that line myself.

Truck should be finished by Monday morning.

Front cover and head removed.

I usually don't paint much, but the high quality paint means that even a novice like me can have decent results.

Head, cams and cam gears installed (behind top cover). Allison paints and repaints parts as she goes.

EGR cooler, turbo and accessories installed.

Crankcase filter, EGR, fuel pump, ECM etc. installed.

24 new rockers, 4 new rocker shafts, 2 new cams, 2 new Jake solenoids and a new Jake solenoid harness... $11,232.23 in these parts only.
Wear of the cams, rockers and rocker shafts were the main source of concern about running this truck before doing an overhaul. Potential for metal getting into other parts and causing damage. Truck had no blowby and bearings didn't look very bad for 971K miles. I did check them - date code 02/09 on all of them so they were the originals.

Last edited by runningman777; 07-15-2023 at 09:06 AM. Reason: Spelling
The following 4 users liked this post by runningman777:
Old 07-15-2023, 09:10 AM
runningman777
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Wes444
Did it not have the click to restore saved content ?
No, the content was not on the screen and I was on a page last posted on in 3/2022... a page I've never been on.

I hit the back arrow and was still on the same page. When I tried to navigate back to this page, it said that changes made were not saved, leave or cancel were the options.

@FordTruckNoob was the last poster, and his comment was something to the effect that he made that post in error after possibly hitting the related content button...

Old 07-15-2023, 10:13 AM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,473 Likes on 2,857 Posts
Looking good Joel. We look forward to seeing the freshened up truck at another GTG. Pretty soon it can start making you some money.

The following users liked this post:
Old 07-15-2023, 10:31 AM
John in OkieLand
Fleet Mechanic
Received 540 Likes on 414 Posts
nice job,

I never, ever, use Drag 'n Drop.
it is fraught with mistakes.

I always use from Device and Select the exact Image file I want uploaded.

Old 07-15-2023, 10:31 AM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 2,963 Likes on 1,956 Posts
I’m Dindoo Nuffin.

Old 07-15-2023, 10:34 AM
runningman777
More Turbo
Originally Posted by John in OkieLand
nice job,

I never, ever, use Drag 'n Drop.
it is fraught with mistakes.

I always use from Device and Select the exact Image file I want uploaded.
I've never had an issue with drag and drop. This happened after uploading all the pictures and I wanted to add the text between the pictures. The error happened as I dragged the Chrome tab from one monitor to my larger one.

Old 07-15-2023, 10:39 AM
John in OkieLand
Fleet Mechanic
Received 540 Likes on 414 Posts
ah,
the Chrome browser

another thing I never use,
Firefox only,
and never, ever, use the Blue Screen of Death

Host: FX705GM Kernel: 5.15.0-76-generic x86_64 bits: 64
Desktop: Cinnamon 5.8.3 Distro: Linux Mint 21.2 Victoria

Old 07-15-2023, 01:48 PM
Sous
Fleet Owner
Received 4,473 Likes on 2,857 Posts
Originally Posted by runningman777
I've never had an issue with drag and drop. This happened after uploading all the pictures and I wanted to add the text between the pictures. The error happened as I dragged the Chrome tab from one monitor to my larger one.
Joel, try using Brave browser or an ad blocker extension like uBlock Origin or Ghosterly if you are used to Chrome.

I use Chrome with an ad blocker like mentioned above for a lot of my browsing, but Brave for YouTube and all of my mobile devices. Brave was created by a co-founder of Mozilla Firefox. He made several improvements from his previous design and Brave allows for a nice experience.

Although, Brave on fruit devices (Apple) appears to read a quote on the FTE as a phone number due to the member number being displayed. I don't use fruit devices and never will, so I have no advice or fix action for that.

Happy surfing my friend.

Old 07-15-2023, 02:03 PM
runningman777
More Turbo
Originally Posted by Sous
Joel, try using Brave browser or an ad blocker extension like uBlock Origin or Ghosterly if you are used to Chrome.

I use Chrome with an ad blocker like mentioned above for a lot of my browsing, but Brave for YouTube and all of my mobile devices. Brave was created by a co-founder of Mozilla Firefox. He made several improvements from his previous design and Brave allows for a nice experience.

Although, Brave on fruit devices (Apple) appears to read a quote on the FTE as a phone number due to the member number being displayed. I don't use fruit devices and never will, so I have no advice or fix action for that.

Happy surfing my friend.
Sous,

I have a good friend who told me about the Brave browser... I use it for YT and any site that has too much moving garbage on it.

I find it easier to search with Chrome though and will often copy the address and view the result in Brave. My FTE account uses my Gmail so I just click the link in the notification and FTE seems to work OK in Chrome.

Oh, and by the way...

Thanks friend!!!

Old 07-15-2023, 04:00 PM
FordTruckNoob
Identifies as He/Him/Noob
Received 2,963 Likes on 1,956 Posts
The following 3 users liked this post by FordTruckNoob:
Old 07-15-2023, 10:39 PM
josht
Laughing Gas
Received 157 Likes on 113 Posts
Originally Posted by runningman777
Happy belated birthday Josh! Sorry to hear about your Dad. Hopefully they caught it in time to do something about it. I lost my Dad to a massive heart attack when I was a few years younger than you. He was truly my best friend and it was devastating. My Mom passed last July after living here with me for nearly 5 years - dementia.

When I replaced my 3-1/2 ton heat pump package unit, I bought it at Baker in Byron. I was able to get it at the wholesale price because of where I worked at the time. Same with buying parts at Fox.

I still buy parts there, but I don't know what kind of discount I get.
Thank you. Sorry to hear about your mom's passing. My former scout master is going through that right now. His wife was nice as can be when I knew her, still is from what I hear, but she developed dementia in the years since. My mom spends a lot of time helping out by keeping an eye on her when he needs to go to the store or take care of something around the house. I haven't had to deal with it personally, but I can tell that it is rough being with and caring for someone you are close to with the condition.

Same size here, and was bought at Fox back then. In the mid-late 90s dad actually worked there in the warehouse. By the time I had my own place and needed an AC we both worked on the base, but he was still in tight with those guys. Since then they've fallen out of touch. They remember him, ask how he's doing, but no special discounts or deals that I'm aware of. Didn't know about Baker in Byron. I'll try to keep them in mind next time I need something.

Old 07-16-2023, 09:10 AM
SDElwood
Hotshot
Received 601 Likes on 328 Posts
Originally Posted by josht
So,if you're the praying type, please say one for him.

Old 07-16-2023, 09:27 AM
runningman777
More Turbo
Originally Posted by josht
Thank you. Sorry to hear about your mom's passing. My former scout master is going through that right now. His wife was nice as can be when I knew her, still is from what I hear, but she developed dementia in the years since. My mom spends a lot of time helping out by keeping an eye on her when he needs to go to the store or take care of something around the house. I haven't had to deal with it personally, but I can tell that it is rough being with and caring for someone you are close to with the condition.

Same size here, and was bought at Fox back then. In the mid-late 90s dad actually worked there in the warehouse. By the time I had my own place and needed an AC we both worked on the base, but he was still in tight with those guys. Since then they've fallen out of touch. They remember him, ask how he's doing, but no special discounts or deals that I'm aware of. Didn't know about Baker in Byron. I'll try to keep them in mind next time I need something.
There's also United Refrigeration (old CC Dickson) on commercial circle and Johnstone Supply on the Osigian Dr. behind Office Depot.

Quick Reply: *** The Official Superduty Morning Coffee Thread ***