PapaBearYuma
Cargo Master

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
What's up with the badge on the door?

Old 08-06-2017, 06:54 PM
good to doo
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Ya I can see the bend on the right side near the middle.I would run swing out mirrors myself.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:14 PM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
Papa Bear it was used to hide the additional holes from the goofy huge trailer mirrors originally on there, people tend to hang on those things and it dented(no pun intended) in that spot and the emblem was the perfect cover up.

Good to Doo ,not a fan of swing out. It had the type 3s or was it 11s originally. I may just go small 67 Bronco types, as I like the round head. Wish it had a bigger head though. Goes with the lines and round head lights.
Original swing aways that came on the 75.

Old 08-06-2017, 07:46 PM
PapaBearYuma
Cargo Master

Received 30 Likes on 26 Posts
Originally Posted by mofoco1
Papa Bear it was used to hide the additional holes from the goofy huge trailer mirrors originally on there, please tend to hang on those things and it dented(no pun intended) in that spot and the emblem was the perfect cover up.
Yeah, that happens with the big swing-out mirrors on the tri-point mount. If you hit anything, the door gives first!

Old 08-08-2017, 06:27 AM
Fert
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey Fert, The I-beams are going to get bent to bring the camber back to spec. Since these trucks have king pins rather than a ball joint, to align them the beams have to be bent to get the top of the tire to go back towards the mid-line of the truck, so you are not running on the outer edge of the tire. Hope I explained that and not confused you more. The condition is caused when I installed the longer coil springs(lift). Installing Drop down brackets at the pivot points of the beams would have alleviated the tires sucking under, but I am not a fan of drop brackets. The same with lengthening the I-beam a bit. I may make a set of longer arms if I do not like the way things turn out. As to who does it, I have a big rig shop who is savvy at doing beams on semis do it. They have been doing trucks for us for many years, I had them do the Blue 79 2wd Lifted Supercab I sold a few months back. Hope that clears things up.
ok so if looking from the front of the truck are you bending to the hood?
thanks Fert

Old 08-08-2017, 09:29 PM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Not sure if I would say its being bent to the hood, but they are bent so the outer end go up, I will probably loose an 1" or more in height due to the bend. So I think we are on the same page.

Old 08-08-2017, 09:31 PM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Doesn't look like it will be any sooner than next week before they get done. Too many things going right now

Old 08-13-2017, 12:38 PM
Drlittle
Freshman User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I didn't get off early enough today to go do any work so after 10 hours I just called it quits and settled do some more tomorrow I did though get my LED lights in today and I pre-fitted them into the round headlight buckets that are going to be placed from the donor 78 vehicle onto the 75 body. They seem to fit perfectly into all the slots that the old buckets have I think the only thing that I am going to get is some brand new stainless steel retaining rings so that'll look make it look even nicer against all the newer Chrome

This build I am going function over form and I know that these are not to everyone's liking but I like them on all of the vehicles that I have them on they work very well
What Brand are those LED head lights ?

Old 08-13-2017, 02:12 PM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
I don't have them here right now and hope I kept the boxes. These are not the Speaker Brand that I bought almost 2 years back for my Early Bronco. There are a load of them on the market now, all made in China. I bought another set different vendor for the wife's Rubicon, makes a huge difference. One difference between the brands is to make sure you get the highest wattage, these are 105w. The wife's are 80watts, I was not aware they had higher rates. These are the chrome ones which look better on the lighter paints, by the way the smoked one are actually cheaper and easier to get.

Old 08-13-2017, 11:20 PM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
The seller of the headlights is motor-autolight on ebay.

Old 08-17-2017, 11:46 PM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas

Well a couple of nice packages arrive today and so I've just surface-mounted these for now the LMC chrome headlight bezels came in as well is the clear front turn signals the side turn signals and the rear ones the only thing is that I have to procure some light sockets for the front turn signals, as the 74/75 of course had them built into the metal housing whereas the other ones are just basically a socket that twists on to the lense of the turn signal
Mailman brought me Bezels and Lenses today. Man I really like the look��

Gonna take little getting use to, swapping the<br/> SRT-8 as a daily driver for the SC(NOT!!!!). I love the Chrysler don't get me wrong but the poor thing has been hauling parts for the SC for the last 2 months and that can't happen anymore.

Old 08-18-2017, 07:30 PM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas

Well seems I forgot that when switching from the 75 to 79 turn signal,, it requires the 79 socket and some wiring. Well I also noticed that it didn't have the correct battery tray. Well I have a78 SuperCab 4x4 that is going to donate drive train and chassis to the 73 Crewcab build. So I got the sockets and looked under the hood and I hadn't noticed the dual trays in it and new battery. Duh!! Can't believe what people are asking for the Aux. Tray!!! I saw a guy in Sacrament asking $200 for a good used one and $300 for an NOS one, that's stupid sorry. The crew cab has them too Whoo Hoo! I'm covered. Gotta wire wheel them and paint them up.

Painted!!

Old 08-19-2017, 01:20 AM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Not for this build, but I thought a little CNC **** is in order this late at night. These are for my 74 long travel Bronco called ANTiCON! A longer set will be used on the 73 CrewCab.
Fast B A S T A R D Coilover Mount!!

Old 08-19-2017, 02:27 AM
mofoco1
Laughing Gas
Took the Booster and MC off today. Damn bolts are hard to get to and you gotta contort to access with the hood on. Fianlly got them off and then of course Ford in their infinite wisdom and use of odd sized brake fitting adapters. Well of all places Autozone was the only place that had the correct sized 9/16" inverted to 3/16" hardline fitting not adapter. I should be covered as then came in a package of 6. I now find out I also need a 7/16" and 1/2" fittings too, So much for an early start. To top it off the booster to MC studs were bent and the MC wouldn't even mount up. I was getting ready to paint it up, glad I caught it. Lastly I saw something odd, the tension spring that mount between the caliper slide block and caliper was sticking halfway out. They haven't even been used. I pulled it and it broke in half. How, no clue gotta get a new hardware kit too.

Old 08-19-2017, 09:51 AM
somethingclever
Cargo Master
Received 188 Likes on 135 Posts
Do 2wd trucks have the caliper on the front side of the rotor or are yours on backwards?

I have only had 4wd where the rotor was on the back side.

I have to admit, those lights look WAY better than I expected. Your truck is really coming along nicely.

Quick Reply: 1975 F-250 Supercab shortbed Barn Find: Lifted 2wd Build