bronco wont start please help - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

1978 - 1996 Big Bronco  
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

bronco wont start please help

Old 07-28-2017, 06:57 PM
New User

broncolife is starting off with a positive reputation.
bronco wont start please help

Can some one please help me I just bought this 1986 bronco 5.8 carburated it was sitting would fire up untill I tryed driving it I would shift it to drive would die I try and restart it cranking slow put jump on it fired up died again jumped it again tryed to start backed key off it was still cranking and wires started smoking on solinoid ripped off battery cable immdiantly tryed to restart now just a click on top of the coil green wire to negative side so that happend I put a new soliniod in it new battery new battery cable new coil new cap and rotor new starter still same thing im so frustrated it wont even turn over by jumping the hot to the soliniod and mechanics say they will come out to fix either dont show up or dont get back to me im rippi ripping my hair out . Please any help is appreciated
Old 08-02-2017, 03:14 PM
Post Fiend

Kemicalburns has a great reputation on FTE.Kemicalburns has a great reputation on FTE.Kemicalburns has a great reputation on FTE.Kemicalburns has a great reputation on FTE.
try another fender mounted solenoid. i have had some new out of the box be bad. Also make sure you have the ignition wires connected correctly.

if you dont have a Haynes or Chiltons manual i suggest you get one
Old 08-03-2017, 07:03 AM
Junior User

Redark1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
you might want to check the starter too. it could be dragging. check the battery cables after getting them hot. look at the ends.

if its been sitting the carb might need some help too. put some fresh gas and some stabilize in it.