1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

QUAD retrofit what do you guys think so far?

Search this Thread

Old 07-25-2017, 08:32 PM
GrainHauler
Trailering
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
QUAD retrofit what do you guys think so far?

So ive recently decided to do a retro fit there is so much space so i said why not do quads its not quite finished yet nor am i a professional of any kind and i will add this is my very first retro fit period and since i wanted 4 lows and 4 highs this was going to be a little tricky i also went with switchback shrouds and sequential led switchback strips. i only have a couple pictures right now im waiting for the new drivers to come in the switchbacks didnt like the factory harness to well i guess once i get those installed ill seal them up and adjust and clean them for some nice pics if anyone would like to see more..

Old 07-25-2017, 08:38 PM
GrainHauler
Trailering
It's a long process to do this and does require patience!! Lol

Attached Images   
Old 07-25-2017, 09:06 PM
eberlestock
Laughing Gas
Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
What truck is this. Appears to be 11-16?

Old 07-26-2017, 05:48 AM
GrainHauler
Trailering
Originally Posted by eberlestock
What truck is this. Appears to be 11-16?
Yea it's a 11

Old 07-26-2017, 11:53 AM
Mike1
Logistics Pro
Received 324 Likes on 294 Posts
If the picture with the lights turned on is any indication of how bright they really are, you're definitely going to be able to blind oncoming traffic.

Old 07-26-2017, 12:20 PM
Ron94150
Postmaster
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
Waiting for finished install pics.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:22 PM
GrainHauler
Trailering
Originally Posted by Mike1
If the picture with the lights turned on is any indication of how bright they really are, you're definitely going to be able to blind oncoming traffic.
As a truck driver trust me when I say I completely understand how annoying and irritating it is to pass someone that has improperly installed/adjusted headlights. I also live in a very small town in northern Indiana it's very flat around here with a bunch of corn. Picture is with truck about 5 feet from wall and these are not like halogen bulbs in reflective housings. Here the light is projected exactly where it needs to be and drops down for oncoming vehicles.

I also removed all chrome from the housings to reduce any glare and then color matched the inside of the housings to the color of the truck. (Tuxedo metallic black) Paint code UH if anyone was wondering.

With that being said I'm going to do everything possible to make these work and if I find that I'm blinding other motorist I'll re wire the top ones to be highbeams only.

Old 07-26-2017, 03:38 PM
m-chan68
Lead Driver

Received 229 Likes on 165 Posts
I have the exact same colour of truck. Mine is a '16 XLT 4x4 F-250. Where did you source those from? What happens to the signal lights?

Old 07-26-2017, 03:55 PM
GrainHauler
Trailering
Originally Posted by m-chan68
I have the exact same colour of truck. Mine is a '16 XLT 4x4 F-250. Where did you source those from? What happens to the signal lights?
I bought the projectors from the retro fit source dot com and the turn signals are now the behind the projectors shrouds and the strips that go down the center came from led concepts check them out see what they do. is it possible to upload videos on here?

Old 07-26-2017, 05:20 PM
Ron94150
Postmaster
Received 27 Likes on 27 Posts
I always post it to YouTube then provide a link.

Old 07-26-2017, 06:40 PM
Vanquish Auto
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by GrainHauler
As a truck driver trust me when I say I completely understand how annoying and irritating it is to pass someone that has improperly installed/adjusted headlights. I also live in a very small town in northern Indiana it's very flat around here with a bunch of corn. Picture is with truck about 5 feet from wall and these are not like halogen bulbs in reflective housings. Here the light is projected exactly where it needs to be and drops down for oncoming vehicles.

I also removed all chrome from the housings to reduce any glare and then color matched the inside of the housings to the color of the truck. (Tuxedo metallic black) Paint code UH if anyone was wondering.

With that being said I'm going to do everything possible to make these work and if I find that I'm blinding other motorist I'll re wire the top ones to be highbeams only.

The problem with the top projectors is that they can't be adjusted afterwards. But normally they aim low because of the shape of the bucket. The headlights came out great. We actually build custom headlights similar to those so if you have any questions feel free to ask me and I will gladly help. Our dedicated site for custom retrofits is hidretrofitkit.com

Old 07-26-2017, 07:13 PM
GrainHauler
Trailering
@ Vanquish Auto Thanks!! With mine I made a fully adjustable external braket for the top bowl to get the razor sharp cutoff I'm looking for there wouldn't be anyway else to get them lined up.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:16 PM
Vanquish Auto
Former Vendor
We do get them aligned. I would only imagined what you went through. We have to spend a good two hours to combine the two cutoffs into one imagine all four on the same step. Have you tried that?

Old 07-26-2017, 07:20 PM
Vanquish Auto
Former Vendor
Also you might want to try aligning the the lower line of the right cutoff with the higher line of the driver side cutoff. This will eliminate the dark area right ahead on the road. Let me know how you feel about that if you try it.

Old 07-26-2017, 07:42 PM
GrainHauler
Trailering
The brackets I made adjust vertically and horizontally. Adjusting these shouldn't be any issue now. I'm sealing them Back up as we speak. I'll make a video as soon as the drivers come in and I'll post a link for everyone to check out them out in action.

Quick Reply: QUAD retrofit what do you guys think so far?