Elder User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Welcome aboard "drbonestou".

Old 10-08-2003, 02:34 PM
drbonestou
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thanks...
Didnt figure many ppl posted here from reading....
But it is a great site..with lots of help...
So come on OHIO...step up and be heard

Old 10-08-2003, 05:56 PM
cougardude70
Freshman User
Chillicothe, OH here. Yes it is a very interesting website. It's very helpful and handy. Like to see more people from Ohio on here.

Old 10-08-2003, 06:59 PM
jimzdat
Mountain Pass
Received 15 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally posted by drbonestou
Hey Ohio....Belpre here...
Holy cow--someone that's actually from the same part of the state as I am--didn't think there was that many of us on here

Old 10-08-2003, 07:12 PM
drbonestou
Junior User
jimzdat....what part of the state you in?....
DUH..i see now...marietta...kewl....only about 12miles

Last edited by drbonestou; 10-08-2003 at 07:14 PM.
Old 10-09-2003, 01:44 PM
gyger
Freshman User
Hey guys Mike here
I have a 78 F-250 just getting her back in shape
for some winter off-roading.

Do you guys off-road I'm looking for some good trails

Mike

Old 10-09-2003, 04:19 PM
Bruin52
Elder User
Sounds like we all need to get our wallets together here and purchase about 40 acres of land somewhere and divide it up and use it for off roading and mudding and get togethers or something. All the old places are being bought up and the owners aren't letting anybody enjoy the land.

Old 10-09-2003, 08:18 PM
Caddy 53
Senior User

tearing up land

Do you blame the public for not wanting a bunch of off roader's on there property tearing it up . Think of the liability they are setting themselves for.
It seems that some on this chapter only have off roading on there mind. how about enjoying the truck for what it is ,not a goat.
If I ever caught any offroader on my land and tearing things up they would be looking at the law with tresspassing charges.
I know I have stepped on some toes but so be it Stop complaining that land owners (private or Buiness owned) are fed up.
caddy 53

Old 10-10-2003, 07:21 AM
Bruin52
Elder User
Sorry there Caddy if I seemed to come across the wrong way. No where in my post did I mention the tearing up of land. I've done trail rides and went mudding in my trucks several times. Each time I took in consideration what the next person who comes along after I left would expect to see. I left no deep ruts on the trail, took all the trash that I took in with me back out, and I took along drainage buckets incase something went wrong, i.e. differential or oil pan detonates. I believe that the reason many people are closing their doors are because of the inconsiderates who think of it as, "Well, it isn't my property, what do I care". Tread lightly and don't litter! I don't blame the land owners, I wouldn't want anybody tearing up my place either, but not all the enthusiasts are going to treat it that way.

As for some of us only have off roading on our minds, some of us own 4x4 vehicles that actually are bought for that reason, not just to pull the chevy's out of the snow banks.

Old 10-10-2003, 08:06 AM
drbonestou
Junior User
"", not just to pull the chevy's out of the snow banks.""

LOL...now that is funny...

Around here there is no where to go play...unless you own a quad-runner ....they have 4wheeler trails...but nothing for 4x4's
aleast not that I know of

Old 10-10-2003, 11:22 AM
Caddy 53
Senior User

offroading

Bruin ;
Sorry if I seemed a little harsh But I have seen some of the effects. Might also add that Some deer hunters are real bad at property abuse.
Have you read some articles on abuse,distruction out west like in Yellow stone and other places, 4wheelers, snomobiles dirt bikes chase wildlife and in general have no respect.
Don't get me wrong, I'm not a extreemist do gooder.however I Try to have some respect for othersand their property.
Unfortunately a few can ruin or give every one a bad name or title.
Every body can do with their trucks as they wish,it's theirs. onthe other hand I cringe reading about the permanent mods , cut frame notch to lower,cut up beds to tub,paint chrome.Iguess i value this old metal to much to do that.
I am working on 53 putting in a 5.0 ho roller efi with aod. Body 98% done and painted doing some fresh stuff to motor.also plan on toyota ps change. But withall this there has not been any permenant cut and weld changes.
All said; You can spend a month washing out the mud and keep lubing the bearings. Not my cup of tea.
What happened to the strip mines and pits over by Coshocton and Zanesville? I think they closed them for much the same reason that we been writting about.
Good luck caddy 53

Old 10-10-2003, 01:28 PM
Bruin52
Elder User
Good to see that we have a common ground. I don't believe that the off road enthusiasts should be permitted in Federal Parks such as Yellowstone either. Sure, most of us here probably wouldn't harm it too much, but it only takes one person, if you want to call them that, to go in there and just destroy the place. I just think that there should be a couple more ATV and 4x4 parks around the state. I always hear people wanting to go, but they have no place to go. So I always keep it in the back of my mind that someday when I get the money, I'll buy a large wooded area and let the people from the site come down. There'll be locking gates and a registration card/sign in-out process. That way, we'll know who was present on what days. Also, good deal on your '53 there. Always good to see a blue block under the hood of a classic Ford. I get so sick of going to these car shows and there's like a fiberglass '37 Ford with a 350 and a corvette's suspension. Sure it looks like a Ford, but what's really Ford about it. Anyway, it's good that we understand each other, and maybe I'll see you at a show sometime.

Old 10-28-2003, 10:23 AM
BigunThick
New User
Thumbs up Fords offroad and Deer huntin

My 32nd strait year Deer huntin ...Lord willin ....and the creeks dont rise to much past the explorer floor boards hehe.I've never left a mess in the woods ,Tore up others property or offroaded where I wasn't allowed.I reckon Mom and Pop raised me right.It's all about RESPECT! Lest you forget some of us Ford drivin Hunters have alot of it....and I'm sure some of us could use more of it as well