2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Carli Suspension

Search this Thread

Old 02-15-2018, 10:35 AM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Springs are likely shot. My 2015 is the same way. I jumped a couple tracks, loaded.

Old 02-15-2018, 10:35 AM
Buliwyf
Posting Guru
Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts
Springs are likely shot. My 2015 is the same way. I jumped a couple tracks, loaded.

Old 02-15-2018, 12:42 PM
rottov
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by f350ktm
Welcome to the forum rottov.

It's hard to tell from your description but you likely have collapsed a suspension component. You are indeed posting in the wrong category.

I can't answer your question specifically but let's see if we can get you to the correct FTE section to get some help. Start by clicking this link, it will take you to the appropriate section for your truck, for the 1999 to 2016 Super Duty....

1999 to 2016 Super Duty

It will look like this....

Click the button at the top left labeled "New Thread".

In the box that pops up enter a name for your post then enter a description of the problem you are having. Lots of knowledgeable members are in that section and you should find some help there.

Good luck!
THANKS A MILLION - THIS REALLY HELPED!!!!!!!

Old 02-25-2018, 03:14 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Received 44 Likes on 35 Posts
Finally got to reinstall my front coils, love that smooth linear rate.

Old 02-25-2018, 03:58 PM
Kpak
New User
Tricon are those new wheels I'm seeing? Could you post a new side picture of truck. What did you do to center axle?

Old 02-25-2018, 04:27 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Kpak
Tricon are those new wheels I'm seeing? Could you post a new side picture of truck. What did you do to center axle?
Fuel Mavericks, 18x9 4.5" back spacing. They come with some plastic covers for the hubs, but I like the look without them actually.

Old 02-25-2018, 05:34 PM
Kpak
New User
Thanks! Like the new wheels. Are you still running a Ready Lift relocation bracket for the track bar? I'm about to order my Carli coils and was wondering if the axle was centered with that bracket and Carli 2.5 coils. Also any bumpsteer or negitives?

Old 02-25-2018, 05:48 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by Kpak
Thanks! Like the new wheels. Are you still running a Ready Lift relocation bracket for the track bar? I'm about to order my Carli coils and was wondering if the axle was centered with that bracket and Carli 2.5 coils. Also any bumpsteer or negitives?
Zero issues, thing handles amazing and the ride is better than I ever hoped for. Still using the RL track bar bracket. Was going to get the Carli bar when they came out but after 6k miles with the bracket I see no reason to. Bracket perfectly centers the front end.

Old 03-11-2018, 10:08 AM
legacy91
Cross-Country
Looking to have a shop install a carli leveling kit with just the basic fox 2.0's for now. I have the snow plow springs so i'm sure the carli ones will ride nicely comparatively.

From what I gather, I dont need the extended brake lines? Hold off on the trackbar for now and go with the readylift track bar relocation bracket?

I have some King pin top 2.5's from my 2014 ram, I wonder if they will fit up front

Old 03-11-2018, 01:28 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by legacy91
Looking to have a shop install a carli leveling kit with just the basic fox 2.0's for now. I have the snow plow springs so i'm sure the carli ones will ride nicely comparatively.

From what I gather, I dont need the extended brake lines? Hold off on the trackbar for now and go with the readylift track bar relocation bracket?

I have some King pin top 2.5's from my 2014 ram, I wonder if they will fit up front
I probably wouldve bought the track bar if it was available when i put my lift on, but I'm glad I saved the money. Either one will be fine, just depends on your budget. You dont need brake lines, just the drop brackets for bump and sway. Your Kings might fit, I doubt the shafts are the correct length and the valving is most definitely different, but that should be easy enough to swap out the parts you need if you want to get dirty, they'll definitely be better than the basic 2.0s!

Old 03-11-2018, 01:39 PM
FmaxTurboSi
Senior User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you might be in luck actually.....

i cant remember exactly, but i wanna say the ram shocks are the same length for our trucks that have a leveling kit.

I think my buddy that put the fox shocks up front, ford with 2-3 inch leveling, is same part number as ram.

But i don’t know how long your kings are for the ram. Stock, leveled, lifted, etc.

as for the track bar.....i had the readylift bracket like Tricon does. The adjustable one is nice, but the bracket worked perfectly for my 2.5” level. Yes it’s not adjustable, but I’m okay with that because it’s just one less part to come loose and fail.

measure them fully extended and collapsed.

Old 03-12-2018, 12:54 PM
Joneser5000
Senior User
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Here is my 2 cents:
Don't use the King pintops for the Ram, rather sell them to someone with the truck for which they are designed and add the money to your build budget.

You will be saving money running the RL trackbar bracket. You will be saving money by not purchasing the brake lines. Add that to the money you made off selling your Ram pintops and purchase the 2.5 Pintops that are made for your truck. If you still come up a bit a bit short on cash you are better off saving for another 6 months to ensure you have what you really want. You won't regret it after your first test run down a country road. You picked up a really nice truck, now don't go and half *** it on your suspension build.

Buy once cry once.

Old 03-13-2018, 12:59 PM
tdc_worm
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tricon
You dont need brake lines, just the drop brackets for bump and sway.
Just out of curiosity, I believe that Carli touts the SS brake lines as firming up the pedal feel, which should negate some of the decrease braking feel of moving to bigger tires. Thoughts: A solution looking for a problem or a nice to have when moving to larger tires?

Old 03-13-2018, 01:21 PM
Tricon
Logistics Pro
Originally Posted by tdc_worm
Just out of curiosity, I believe that Carli touts the SS brake lines as firming up the pedal feel, which should negate some of the decrease braking feel of moving to bigger tires. Thoughts: A solution looking for a problem or a nice to have when moving to larger tires?
Stainless lines are always a nice upgrade. The feel on my street bikes was amazing in the difference. In the truck, I'm not as sure you'd see as much of a difference. The stopping power when I moved to 35's really wasn't that much of a difference, in fact I couldn't really tell any change, and the reason why I chose to forego them and save the money/time bleeding lines, etc.

Personally, I think they are a nice to have. They aren't that expensive, so if you aren't trying to save a buck I would say go for them. But for return on investment, not sure there's much there. The stock brakes are pretty awesome as is. If I went to 37's I might have thought harder about it.

Old 03-13-2018, 01:34 PM
tdc_worm
Junior User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Tricon
If I went to 37's I might have thought harder about it.
This is actually where my mind was. I am not sure that I would expect our trucks to "feel" much difference between adding 1" in diameter and 15-20 lbs per wheel when they are designed to stop enormous loads. As we start creeping up to 37-38" tires that weight 80-90 lbs, I being to wonder....

Quick Reply: Carli Suspension