2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Truck built, now what

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2017, 10:37 AM
GoldenDomer
Senior User
Received 10 Likes on 2 Posts
I sure hate to hear that. But, I'm glad to hear everything worked out in the end.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:44 AM
Bansai
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by nbayless36
Did you see the 1 over kansas city friday? I ended up back at the dealership in the gms office the day after signing. Now I have to go back after work today to pick up the title and then go to the bank to redo everything from Thursday. Boy I was hot! But I got my truck the Gm set things right and it's all good now! Good luck this evening
I talked my wife into taking a half day so we're picking it up at 2. I want to make sure I've built in up to 7 hours to accommodate mishaps. I'm bringing my own financing in which is already approved and signed off so unless they forgot to install the motor, should be good to go. I plan on my own PDI taking about 10 minutes.

Do you guys test drive your factory orders before taking it home? I wasn't planning on it myself..

Old 06-19-2017, 10:48 AM
GoldenDomer
Senior User
Yup, I've already gotten everything worked out with my credit union as well so all I have to do is go in and get a purchase order fax that over to the CU and I'm done. They gave me such a low rate that the dealer can't touch it with anyone they use so I have no plans on wasting anymore of my time than necessary there. Gonna be another long 4 hours I'm sure.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:54 AM
Bansai
Senior User
Originally Posted by GoldenDomer
Yup, I've already gotten everything worked out with my credit union as well so all I have to do is go in and get a purchase order fax that over to the CU and I'm done. They gave me such a low rate that the dealer can't touch it with anyone they use so I have no plans on wasting anymore of my time than necessary there. Gonna be another long 4 hours I'm sure.
Ford originally quoted me 6.9% After I stopped laughing, they told me they might be able to go a little lower if I had a competing loan approval. I came in at 2.6% the next day and like you, they couldn't come close to that. Less paperwork for me to sign tonight.

Old 06-19-2017, 10:55 AM
tp431
Junior User
Originally Posted by Bansai
I talked my wife into taking a half day so we're picking it up at 2. I want to make sure I've built in up to 7 hours to accommodate mishaps. I'm bringing my own financing in which is already approved and signed off so unless they forgot to install the motor, should be good to go. I plan on my own PDI taking about 10 minutes.

Do you guys test drive your factory orders before taking it home? I wasn't planning on it myself..

So glad to hear you're picking yours up!!! Really did think you may have been under the jail...

We drove ours just because we got to cool our heels for 3 or 4 hours... how can something so simplistic take so freakin long??!!

Good luck!!!!

Old 06-19-2017, 10:57 AM
nbayless36
Senior User

YES!! I went through everything. They are going to align the bed after I drop it off for line x. I checked everything before hand just incase there was in issue it was in the paperwork

and I bet you a dollar the drivers side hub is locked in manual

Old 06-19-2017, 11:10 AM
chipone
Mountain Pass
Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Congrats guys hope all goes well!! My dealer just called and said it was in. 10 day from build to dealer. wow that was a surprise. They must have done private carrier. I hope the dealer can give me good finance rate as everytime I have done it myself it is a hassell. my credit over 8 but they may or may not have good banks. most have many and I have always got a good rate. Hope so again. saves me steps

Old 06-19-2017, 11:25 AM
GoldenDomer
Senior User
Do you live down the street from the Kentucky plant? That's an awesome turn around. I'm looking at an estimated 21 days.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:28 AM
Bansai
Senior User
Originally Posted by chipone
Congrats guys hope all goes well!! My dealer just called and said it was in. 10 day from build to dealer. wow that was a surprise. They must have done private carrier. I hope the dealer can give me good finance rate as everytime I have done it myself it is a hassell. my credit over 8 but they may or may not have good banks. most have many and I have always got a good rate. Hope so again. saves me steps
For whatever reason, my experience with financing on your own has usually saved me time. I was able to electronically sign all of my loan docs online, all I had to do was forward my approval email to the dealership, which contains a unique pin they punch in online, and Bam... it's done. If Ford can get you close as far as APR is concerned, there is another rebate out there right now (750 bucks) I believe, that can tip the balance in Fords favor.

I know a few people on here have gone that route, and then refinanced a couple months later... win / win if you don't mind dealing with banks and paperwork.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:29 AM
GoldenDomer
Senior User
Ford originally quoted me 6.9% After I stopped laughing, they told me they might be able to go a little lower if I had a competing loan approval. I came in at 2.6% the next day and like you, they couldn't come close to that. Less paperwork for me to sign tonight.
This will be the third vehicle I've purchased from this dealer. I gave them a chance on the ones before as I was ignorant as to how the whole process works. I have done a ton of research this time thanks you guys and got it together. This time I was determine to not let them get the better of me. Funny thing is my salesman doesn't know I've already secured my own financing. . They will definitely still get some out of me but nothing like in the past.

Old 06-19-2017, 11:31 AM
Bansai
Senior User
Originally Posted by nbayless36

and I bet you a dollar the drivers side hub is locked in manual

I'll make sure to check.. never would have crossed my mind.

When I bought my last travel trailer, I went through that thing for 6 hours. I guess a test drive is worth doing the more I think about it.

Old 06-19-2017, 04:13 PM
GoldenDomer
Senior User
Well, were waiting on some pics.

Old 06-19-2017, 09:06 PM
chipone
Mountain Pass
Received 80 Likes on 56 Posts
Actually I am in Mass. The timing for transport must have just been perfect timing. I don't know but I am happy about the turnaround. I usually get a great rate at the dealer and just have to sit there and fill out paperwork no real Hassel but I get this feeling this time I am going to do better. I will find out tomorrow. either way no problem. They need to match my credit union or I will take care of it. I will post some pic once picked up this weekend. this site has been fantastic and full of credible information.

Old 06-20-2017, 09:04 AM
GoldenDomer
Senior User
Best of luck today. My eta changed and was brought in a one whole day to 7/8. The bad part is the 8th is a Saturday and my dealer is closed on Saturdays and open on Sundays so bringing the day in does me no good. This is my luck...

Old 06-20-2017, 09:09 AM
tp431
Junior User
Originally Posted by GoldenDomer
Best of luck today. My eta changed and was brought in a one whole day to 7/8. The bad part is the 8th is a Saturday and my dealer is closed on Saturdays and open on Sundays so bringing the day in does me no good. This is my luck...

Hang in there.... it'll be worth it... yeah, easy for us with trucks to say, huh?!

Quick Reply: Truck built, now what