Electric locks and mirrors

Search this Thread

Old 09-04-2003, 09:23 AM
majort
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy Electric locks and mirrors

I recently purchased a 2000 Ford F150 4x4 off road. The electric locks and mirrors seem to have a mind of their own. At times they work correctly and the rest of the time not at all or only certain functions. This applies if using remote, keyless or on the door. Does anyone have clues to find and solve the problem before I have to go to the dealer?

Thanks

tb

Old 03-24-2004, 04:31 PM
beyler68
New User
Seems like a common problem on the ford. My mirrors do what they want when they want. and the Pass side door lock sticks sometimes.

Old 03-31-2004, 01:41 AM
drewski
New User
did you figure out how to fix your locks. i have a 2000 ford f-150 4x4 and my door locks have slowly crapped out on me and now dont work. but when i took it in to get it fixed they couldnt find anything wrong

email me at dregre@aol.com if you have any ideas or suggestions

Old 03-31-2004, 07:23 AM
majort
New User
Unhappy

Never did figure it out and as you can see did not recieve a lot of posts. Mine are still sometimes yes....no. Waiting for them to do something consistantly. If you get any answers please let me know.

Old 03-31-2004, 10:42 AM
Mil1ion
New User
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
Well, This is weird,normally by this time there would have been more posts as this thread was started Sept 9th/03 .

Perhaps today will bring some responses.
Did you by chance use the search feature or scroll through this forum to past pages ?

Access to back pages is at the bottom of this forum page.

Old 03-31-2004, 11:30 AM
Franklin2
Received 1,707 Likes on 1,381 Posts
I have seen quite a few posts about late model trucks with power window problems and power lock problems. I started to look on the internet for TSB's (techincal service bulletins) on late Fords to see if there was a factory fix, but found it difficult to find out anything. But I did find out Ford and the other manufacturers are not required to freely give out info on vehicle problems UNLESS you actually own the vehicle in question. So if you have a truck with a problem, they are required by law to tell you any known common problems with it, especially if it relates to safety which I think you could argue the point that windows and door locks are directly related to safety.

So I would investigate to see if they have a factory fix for these things.

Old 03-31-2004, 08:20 PM
HomerWinzlow
Cargo Master
Received 18 Likes on 16 Posts
Mirror switches are common to fail on the F150.. nothing new about that at all. Door lock actuators fail very commonly. A failing actuator may work once or twice and go kaput. Or they may not work at all. On occasion you may find a bad RAP module as well, especially if you have windshield leaks which is also common on the earlier F150. Water and modules do not mix. It not uncommon to find ALL the actuators bad as many people ignore them until they cant get in the driver door.