Connecticut Chapter Join Chapter, Leader:

June BS

Old 06-14-2017, 04:46 AM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Looking good, Kyle! Glad things have gone well so far. Safe travels.

Old 06-14-2017, 01:34 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by 96f150
Nice truck Kyle! I think mine is the same..except an 2001...ive got 156k on it now
Thanks! They sure are comfortable trucks aren't they!? I just hit 72K on mine, should still have plenty of life left in here

Old 06-14-2017, 01:35 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jthorngate3
Looking good, Kyle! Glad things have gone well so far. Safe travels.
Thanks Josiah!

Old 06-14-2017, 07:07 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Kyle, I'm not sure I remembered your truck having so few miles.

Old 06-14-2017, 07:47 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by jthorngate3
Kyle, I'm not sure I remembered your truck having so few miles.
Yeah, it's fairly low! I bought it with 58K on it nearly two years ago.. There would have been even less on it if my car's motor didn't explode

Old 06-14-2017, 10:09 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
Wow, that's crazy! I'm thinking about selling my car and truck to get down to one vehicle. Looking around at super cab trucks with the 6.5' bed. Doing more side work and need the bed space.

Old 06-14-2017, 10:23 PM
karlb
New User

Hello, Happy June! summer is here.

anyone know where I can find the sex bolts used to mount the glass for the half door on my 2000 F150. At some point I lost one and I have looked everwhere I can think of and cannot find these screws.....Ford will sell me the whole assembly LOL!

Old 06-15-2017, 07:22 AM
keyul
Postmaster
Originally Posted by karlb

Hello, Happy June! summer is here.

anyone know where I can find the sex bolts used to mount the glass for the half door on my 2000 F150. At some point I lost one and I have looked everwhere I can think of and cannot find these screws.....Ford will sell me the whole assembly LOL!
Sex bolts huh, those must be special order

Haha but I am assuming you mean hex bolts! I generally find my local true value has most everything I need, much more to choose from than home depot or lowes, fastenall can generally find all kind of bolts too .

Old 06-18-2017, 03:29 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello everyone, stay cool!

Old 06-18-2017, 07:05 PM
keyul
Postmaster
Evening guys, Today I changed the air fliter and spark plugs on my truck. Plugs were a PITA as expected, but not to bad, just slow and tedious. I'm glad I borrowed an air compressor for the job, there was a lot of debris around each coil, like a chipmunk was stashing and eating nuts and other stuff. I even found an extra large whole walnut by one of the intake runners. Bought a cheap extended air blow gun from harbor freight to get rid of all that crap. Then blew out again after I pulled each coil before taking out the plug.

The last plug I went to do, there was some kind of 8mm nut down in there that was blocking the socket from being able to grab the plug, I hit it with a lot of air and the nut wouldn't dislodge from its spot, magnet was to big to get between the porcelain on the plug and the wall of the cylinder head, but i finally was able to blat it with air again and get it to sit on top of the plug then was able to get it with a magnet.

All my old plugs were worn, they each measured between .056 - .060", factory recommended is .052-.056, each plug was pre-gapped to .053 from motorcraft so no messing around there. Also followed recommended advice of torquing the plugs to 20-25 lb-ft instead of the low teen number specified to prevent backing & blowing out.

So all this went well, then I changed the oil. What a disaster that turned out to be. Changed the oil, go to switch places in the driveway with my sisters car, pull the truck back into the drive way, there's a HUGE pool of oil where my truck was idling in the road. Cleaned it up the best I could, turns out the gasket from the old oil filter never came off with the old filter, man I felt pretty stupid, I usually check for that. This would be the first time it's ever actually happened though! And of course it the time where I'm rushed and neglect to check. Went and bought more oil and a new filter. Thank goodness I didn't decide to go drive somewhere after my oil change otherwise I probably wouldn't have a working truck right now!

Over the past few day's I've been installing some Etrack into the trailer, I've got 10' down each side wall and then two 5' pieces on the floor to hold my tool box in place.

I got the etrack from harbor freight, save $$$ but every accessory I bought for it needed to be ground down in order to fit in all the tracks, each tie down, each etrack ring. So I spent some time dicking around with that but it's all good now. I also built a loft space for more storage, this way I can put a bunch of boxes and either my mattress or box spring up there so I can have more floor space for transporting my stuff since a lot of it is bulky like the tool boxes, rolling carts, press, bicycles.

Hope you guys have had a good and productive weekend as well, Happy father's day to all you dad's too!

Old 06-19-2017, 06:12 PM
jthorngate3
Postmaster
This ended up in the Louisiana thread on accident:

Happy Father's day to all the dad's. A special happy Father's day to Aaron on his initiation to the fatherhood club. Hope you all enjoyed it. Don't ever take it for granted.

Old 06-22-2017, 07:35 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Been camping and away from the site. A lot of bad internet at the campground.

How is everyone doing? Any word how Tom is doing and little Hannah?

Just turned 96,000 on the 2011 F250 and knock on wood it's running great. The wife thinks I should start looking at a 2017.

Set up a camping trip to Maine at the end of the season. Looking forward to it, I like Maine and all it has to offer.

Old 06-24-2017, 07:05 PM
96f150
Fleet Mechanic
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
....anyone have, or remember where the post is about how to properly test the ABS unit with a paper clip? I want to make sure 100% that this is my problem before I go and order it. I tried the most outside port and got no push back, but the inner port pushed back quite a bit, so I assume thats where its bypassing back to master cylider?

Old 06-25-2017, 08:24 AM
ct diesel
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
96f150
don't know if this helps, but I found it in a search:
Pawpaw 2-21-16 at 8:54am

As I also understand it, on OBD-1 there was an under dash ABS connector we could access to have it blink out ABS codes, sorta like we could using a paper clip on the under hood OBD-1 DLC, to get the check engine light to blink the engine computer codes

just ran across this

Old 06-25-2017, 03:31 PM
IB Tim
Site Administrator
Received 57 Likes on 30 Posts
Hello Connecticut...enjoy your Sunday.

Search this Thread
Quick Reply: June BS