Poll: Does your Sunroof leak? - Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums

2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

View Poll Results: Does, or has your 2017+ Super Duty Panoramic Sunroof had leaking problems?
No 139 92.05%
Yes 12 7.95%
Voters: 151. You may not vote on this poll

Poll: Does your Sunroof leak?

Old 05-18-2017, 10:45 AM
Elder User

RJC2 has a good reputation on FTE.RJC2 has a good reputation on FTE.RJC2 has a good reputation on FTE.
Poll: Does your Sunroof leak?

Okay, there has been a good bit of talk about the issue of the Panoramic Sunroof becoming virtually, Ford's rainroof. There's no real way of knowing how pervasive this problem is, so this poll should help us see just how many "do leak" in our group of owners.
Please, to add validity to this poll, do not vote "Yes my sunroof leaks" unless you yourself own a truck with the panoramic sunroof that leaks. In other words, don't vote for your buddy's truck, or someone you heard of who has a leaker if yours doesn't.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:47 AM
Posting Guru

PwerStroke99 has a very good reputation on FTE.PwerStroke99 has a very good reputation on FTE.PwerStroke99 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Have had my truck since late October(10,600 miles), and we have had tons of snow/rain since Oct, and not one leak on mine.

Never been through an auto car wash, been hand washed every time.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:52 AM
Elder User

RJC2 has a good reputation on FTE.RJC2 has a good reputation on FTE.RJC2 has a good reputation on FTE.
Mine hasn't leaked, but with 2500 miles and 6 months of sitting in the garage I'm not a good person to ask. My son's 2016 F150 (same cab) does leak, but I can't vote for him as this poll is for "our" Super Duty trucks.
I've never had it though a car wash, only bucket washed at home.
Old 05-18-2017, 10:54 AM
Postmaster

mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.mhoefer has a great reputation on FTE.
Mine has been through rainstorms, snow, sleet, sleet, and several car washes. So far so good. It does go in a garage at night, but it has also been sitting out in major storm rain.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:03 AM
Freshman User

17PlatinumSFL is starting off with a positive reputation.
One issue I can think on why some sunroofs may leak is from drive through car washes. I do not take mine through one because that high pressure jet stream of water being so close to the roof of the truck is not a good combo. These trucks are very tall from factory and most car washes were not designed for trucks that tall, just something to consider. Mine personally has never leaked but I have also never taken it though a drive through car wash.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:05 AM
Senior User

pickerdd is starting off with a positive reputation.
No leaks on mine so far. I don't go through car washes, just hand wash. No pressure washes either.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:07 AM
Posting Guru

shortride has a good reputation on FTE.shortride has a good reputation on FTE.
I've been through a couple of high pressure car washes so far with my '17 Platinum Super Duty F250 with no leaks so far.

This kind of bring back the days of the 3rd brake light leaks.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:08 AM
Post Fiend

troverman is a splendid one to beholdtroverman is a splendid one to beholdtroverman is a splendid one to beholdtroverman is a splendid one to beholdtroverman is a splendid one to beholdtroverman is a splendid one to beholdtroverman is a splendid one to behold
8,500+ miles on mine...it is always parked outside...lots of snow and rain...never any leaks.

I always handwash.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:25 AM
Posting Guru

PwerStroke99 has a very good reputation on FTE.PwerStroke99 has a very good reputation on FTE.PwerStroke99 has a very good reputation on FTE.
Quote:
Originally Posted by 17PlatinumSFL View Post
One issue I can think on why some sunroofs may leak is from drive through car washes. I do not take mine through one because that high pressure jet stream of water being so close to the roof of the truck is not a good combo. These trucks are very tall from factory and most car washes were not designed for trucks that tall, just something to consider. Mine personally has never leaked but I have also never taken it though a drive through car wash.
This is a very good point. it is like any pressure washer, the closer you have that water, the more potential for damage. To me, this would explain why the trucks leak and the corvettes and other luxury cars don't, because that pressured water isn't as close to their moonroofs.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:36 AM
Senior User

JasonB1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
6 months.
7000 miles.
No leaks.

I don't use car washes, though.
They put too many swirls in the paint.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:47 AM
Freshman User

ITOWAIR17 is starting off with a positive reputation.
It was pouring rain when i test drove one on the lot and it was dry, so i ordered one with the sunroof. My truck should he coming in this week so i guess ill find out.
Old 05-18-2017, 11:56 AM
Freshman User

TXKR0317 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I have 12,365 miles on mine since, Dec 15. I've been thru a car wash twice otherwise hand washed every week, parked outside in downpours, covered in snow and. .....no leaks. I had a one off situation in March, as noted in previous posts but has happened since. RP
Old 05-18-2017, 11:57 AM
Senior User

Super-Truck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.Super-Truck is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
Mine has been through some heavy rains with severe wind and still no issues. Only hand wash though, doesnt surprise me or bother me that they leak when exposed to high pressure water.
Old 05-18-2017, 12:06 PM
Freshman User

mtl-diesel is starting off with a positive reputation.
No leaks for me so far.
2500 miles.
Touchless carwash 3 times
Several storms (check the news...we've had a lot of rain in quebec...)
Fingers crossed my luck holds out!
Old 05-18-2017, 12:08 PM
Freshman User

gcooley is starting off with a positive reputation.
Had mine since December no leaks, but I also have not been through any car washes, only at home by hand.