Go Back  Ford Truck Enthusiasts Forums > Diesel > 6.7L Power Stroke Diesel
Reload this Page >

Error Messages: Service AdvanceTrack/ Hill Descent Control Fault

Notices
6.7L Power Stroke Diesel 2011-current Ford Powerstroke 6.7 L turbo diesel engine
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Error Messages: Service AdvanceTrack/ Hill Descent Control Fault

Old 09-06-2018, 07:29 PM
Mrmeza
New User
Mrmeza is starting off with a positive reputation.
Hill descent control fault, service AdvanceTrac warning

2016 F250 Diesel 6.7 I have been getting that message.
in the forum it mentions a plug under dash above parking break mechanism. Found it one side of the plug is great the other half of plug is black. I squeezed the plug together...not taking it apart at anytime. Looked at dash messages gone, stored errors messages gone, car with squiggly tire lines light gone. Fixed for me or has identified to me were were problem is coming from. I think if you use parking break alot causes vibration on plug connection to loose contact connectivity....I never turned truck off while doing this FYI

Last edited by Mrmeza; 09-06-2018 at 07:37 PM. Reason: Adding pictures
Old 09-07-2018, 05:33 AM
throwdown
Senior User
throwdown is gaining momentum as a positive member of FTE.
I am still having the problem. I have taken the inner fender well out and cleaned and reseated and lubed all plugs coming from the large grey connector under the dash including that one. All wheel speed sensors check out. Wheel bearings seem fine.
At this point I am following the wire trail from the fluid level sensor downstream to look for a chaffed wire or something like that.
Fluid level sensor checks out. Brake booster checks out.
I am convinced it is a chaffed wire somewhere in the loom as the lights in the dash will come on and go away and flicker by them selves.
Also it will sometimes show no codes after. Ford says replace entire master cylinder ($700).
I can find nothing wrong with the MC.
I will continue the quest and relay my findings.

Old 09-07-2018, 08:22 AM
allcool
Senior User
allcool has a good reputation on FTE.allcool has a good reputation on FTE.
Originally Posted by throwdown View Post
I am still having the problem. I have taken the inner fender well out and cleaned and reseated and lubed all plugs coming from the large grey connector under the dash including that one. All wheel speed sensors check out. Wheel bearings seem fine.
At this point I am following the wire trail from the fluid level sensor downstream to look for a chaffed wire or something like that.
Fluid level sensor checks out. Brake booster checks out.
I am convinced it is a chaffed wire somewhere in the loom as the lights in the dash will come on and go away and flicker by them selves.
Also it will sometimes show no codes after. Ford says replace entire master cylinder ($700).
I can find nothing wrong with the MC.
I will continue the quest and relay my findings.
Have you fully removed that plug from the e-brake bracket and tied it up out of the way after checking all its pins for full contact and re-seating it fully..?

Old 09-07-2018, 09:13 AM
throwdown
Senior User
Yes, on both ends. Cleaned, lubed, and fully seated the pins as well.

Old 09-09-2018, 07:34 AM
LariatRick
Freshman User
LariatRick is starting off with a positive reputation.
Mine required a new RCM and ABS module, thankfully under warranty (36k). It was throwing 9 codes and only had "Service Advancetrac" on the dash display. And on the apps screen nothing worked, no change when turning the wheel. And the disable traction control button didn't work. So far so good but it's only been about 200 miles.
Sounds like different symptoms but good luck and I hope you get it solved!
2015 F350 PSD SRW CC

Old 09-09-2018, 02:15 PM
throwdown
Senior User
Thanks for the input. The only code thrown is C0049, which is more or less the umbrella code for many things. Each wheel speed sensor is operational, but due to the irratic and sporadic nature of the warning lights and bells, I am convinced there is an exposed wire somewhere. Finding it is another matter.
As to your last comment, thank you and I hope I find it soon as the alarm bells come every six to eight seconds apart when it takes a notion.

Old 03-12-2019, 07:59 PM
txjones7
New User
txjones7 is starting off with a positive reputation.
I cant get that plug to release for nothing is there some kinda secret to that clip?????
got clip off cleaned and reset same codes......didn't work
checked all my wheel sensors all look good guess I will change out that brake sensor see if that does anything its only 8.99 part