2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Kubota's Modifications thread, w/ chit chat

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2018, 11:49 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Received 1,504 Likes on 971 Posts

Originally Posted by jnuechte
Kubota next time you get a chance, could you take a photo from the front/back or even both from a decent distance back to get a good look at how your tires look? Like even further back than this so you can see both tires at the same time and how they sit relative to the fenders.

http://www.addictivedesertdesigns.co...uty-bumper.jpg

Like this?

Can you tell im a professional photographer?

Old 01-25-2018, 07:20 PM
jnuechte
Tuned
Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by KubotaOrange76

Like this?

Can you tell im a professional photographer?
Thats perfect!!! Thanks so much. Yeah I see a sidejob in your future! That is the perfect amount of "stickout"

Old 01-26-2018, 07:50 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
no problem, I enjoy sharing my gratuitous photography skills with the world

Old 01-26-2018, 07:54 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Received 540 Likes on 264 Posts
How black is your exhaust tip after certain parts fell off?

Old 01-26-2018, 08:06 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
On the inside? Black about like an older one
After a few thousand miles it gets black around the corners of the vents. But i usually wash it with a little purple power when im cleaning tires. I dont get it its almost like my dpf is cracked or something.

Old 01-26-2018, 08:18 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Old 01-26-2018, 09:19 AM
troverman
Hotshot
That's not too bad. I really like the dual tips Ford puts on, so I keep mine shined up from time to time.

What's weird is how the tips on our town's 550 fleet are just like yours. I wonder if the DPW mechanic "helped" make the trucks have less issues when they idle for hours.

Old 01-26-2018, 09:40 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
I agree, thats probably 4000 miles worth of soot, plus some road salt. I like cleaning it every time i wash the truck, makes it alot easier, just use a heavy brush and purple power when doing tires. One of those little things that helps keep the truck looking new. I didnt like them at all when they come out on the 6.4's, but they have grown on me. Now that its above freezing here i may wash the truck .

Thats interesting, i haven't seen many 6.7 trucks with black tips like you did with the 6.4's. I wonder if they have dpf problems from excessive idling, or they have been "repaired" Id be curious to know!

You toying with "fixing" your XLT? You'll love this transmission tuning

Old 01-26-2018, 09:43 AM
rb40racing
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

My wife thought the factory one was ugly so I got to put this one on😁

Old 01-26-2018, 10:08 AM
troverman
Hotshot
I agree, thats probably 4000 miles worth of soot, plus some road salt. I like cleaning it every time i wash the truck, makes it alot easier, just use a heavy brush and purple power when doing tires. One of those little things that helps keep the truck looking new. I didnt like them at all when they come out on the 6.4's, but they have grown on me. Now that its above freezing here i may wash the truck .

Thats interesting, i haven't seen many 6.7 trucks with black tips like you did with the 6.4's. I wonder if they have dpf problems from excessive idling, or they have been "repaired" Id be curious to know!

You toying with "fixing" your XLT? You'll love this transmission tuning
When I saw the 550's my town runs had mostly sooty tips, and they do idle a ton...I suspect they've been "repaired."

As for my truck...well, you know I came close on my Lariat dually. Then I got rid of it for the Raptor...which couldn't tow...and so I bought this XLT 250. Bought the XLT mainly because Ford was running a promotion where if you bought an XL or XLT, owned a business, and bought a snow plow the incentives would be pretty good. Basically, free snow plow. So I bought this truck off the lot.

Miss some of the Lariat goodies, but I'll likely keep this truck. Ordered a Magnum headache rack (should be here Monday) to mount insurance-required strobes for plowing) plus I already installed two matching strobes hidden in the grille. I added factory LED license plate lights, and this truck is an XLT Premium with the full center console, heated seats, navigation, remote start, etc. So its a nice XLT. I'm likely to add the Katzkin leather before summer since it's easier to clean. I have a side business mowing steep dams on reservoirs and landfill caps. The hay gets everywhere just getting in and out of the truck at a job site. Unbelievably, Ford does not include an auto-dimming mirror on any XLT anymore, so I'll be adding that. I feel like the more I add, the more I will likely keep this truck.

Frankly, for just a basic 250 (no high capacity tow on this truck), it doesn't squat that badly even loaded to near max payload. Waaay better than my old 2012 250. But I might put some helper springs on, we'll see.

And yes, it might get the same repairs yours received to the exhaust.

I'm thinking about selling the Raptor and buying another luxury Super Duty and using this one strictly for work. What would you do?

Old 01-26-2018, 10:29 AM
motoxxxloak
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
This has been a great read thus far. I went through every single page. But, I may have missed something in either this thread or another, and I am still trying to get familiar with how to search on this site. Do you have an upgraded tank in terms of size?

Old 01-26-2018, 11:14 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Originally Posted by troverman
When I saw the 550's my town runs had mostly sooty tips, and they do idle a ton...I suspect they've been "repaired."

As for my truck...well, you know I came close on my Lariat dually. Then I got rid of it for the Raptor...which couldn't tow...and so I bought this XLT 250. Bought the XLT mainly because Ford was running a promotion where if you bought an XL or XLT, owned a business, and bought a snow plow the incentives would be pretty good. Basically, free snow plow. So I bought this truck off the lot.

Miss some of the Lariat goodies, but I'll likely keep this truck. Ordered a Magnum headache rack (should be here Monday) to mount insurance-required strobes for plowing) plus I already installed two matching strobes hidden in the grille. I added factory LED license plate lights, and this truck is an XLT Premium with the full center console, heated seats, navigation, remote start, etc. So its a nice XLT. I'm likely to add the Katzkin leather before summer since it's easier to clean. I have a side business mowing steep dams on reservoirs and landfill caps. The hay gets everywhere just getting in and out of the truck at a job site. Unbelievably, Ford does not include an auto-dimming mirror on any XLT anymore, so I'll be adding that. I feel like the more I add, the more I will likely keep this truck.

Frankly, for just a basic 250 (no high capacity tow on this truck), it doesn't squat that badly even loaded to near max payload. Waaay better than my old 2012 250. But I might put some helper springs on, we'll see.

And yes, it might get the same repairs yours received to the exhaust.

I'm thinking about selling the Raptor and buying another luxury Super Duty and using this one strictly for work. What would you do?
Post up some pictures of it, ive grown to like the stx xl and xlt more than the lariat. My wife's f150 is an xl stx that we added steps, leather heated seats and i love it, it has the center console with column gear shift and the sync 3, Part of me wishes I had gone this route with my truck just for the pure cost savings. I like the gauge layout better with the real gauges across the top as well.

Id say it really depends on what you do with the raptor? To me they dont seem as functional as a normal f150 as far as towing and hauling. Do you just drive it to and from work? off road any? Errands etc?

Old 01-26-2018, 11:15 AM
KubotaOrange76
Its Comin Right for us!
Originally Posted by rb40racing

My wife thought the factory one was ugly so I got to put this one on😁
Lol thats a good solution to the soot problem,, I like those wheels, have any pics from the side? what size tires are those?

Originally Posted by motoxxxloak
This has been a great read thus far. I went through every single page. But, I may have missed something in either this thread or another, and I am still trying to get familiar with how to search on this site. Do you have an upgraded tank in terms of size?
My tank is factory, CCLB come with a 48 gallon, another reason to go longbed!

Old 01-26-2018, 11:25 AM
troverman
Hotshot
Not a great pic, but last fall I was making it work trying to move my tractors around and tow my box trailer. Even with a W/D hitch turned up it struggled with real weight. So I bought the 250 and the Raptor just became a toy. Not being driven this winter. I hate the way the thing sounds, except on hard throttle when you hear the turbos spool up. Its quick and fun to drive, but I may move it.

Old 01-26-2018, 11:35 AM
motoxxxloak
Mountain Pass
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Lol thats a good solution to the soot problem,, I like those wheels, have any pics from the side? what size tires are those?

My tank is factory, CCLB come with a 48 gallon, another reason to go longbed!
Idiot. I didn't even notice that in the pictures lol.

Quick Reply: Kubota's Modifications thread, w/ chit chat