1948 - 1956 F1, F100 & Larger F-Series Trucks Discuss the Fat Fendered and Classic Ford Trucks

My wife came home early and caught me....

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2017, 07:11 PM
pineconeford
Knuckle Bandage Sales Rep

Received 618 Likes on 328 Posts
My wife came home early and caught me....

Washing truck parts in the shower.

I know I have a lame defense.....but it was 16 degrees outside and there is no way I could hook up a garden hose to do this outdoors.

I had spent over two hours pounding out dents and straightening one of the F3's running boards down in the cellar. My ears are still ringing since all I have are caveman tools.

Those square stiffening channels on the underside trap a lot of crud and I shook loose about a pound of Arizona rock, dried mud and insect nests.
So it needed a bath afterward. One board down and one to go.
Next step.....POR-15 coating after they dry by the wood pellet stove. Might as well stink up the house and add to my "I'll pay for that someday soon" list.
Tom

Attached Images  
Old 03-12-2017, 07:25 PM
raytasch
Believe Nothing

Received 244 Likes on 153 Posts
Attention getting title for sure. But, since you are posting, it must not have been that bad. Did you get all the dirt from the running boards?

Old 03-12-2017, 07:47 PM
pineconeford

Originally Posted by raytasch
Attention getting title for sure. But, since you are posting, it must not have been that bad. Did you get all the dirt from the running boards?

I will pay for it....I'm sure she took the picture to use against me somehow. It's on her Facebook no doubt gathering women's comments. I don't do Facebook thankfully. I asked her to send me the picture so I can do the same. I know you guys understand. Especially those in the north who get cabin fever and want to feel productive working on our trucks during these long cold winter days.
She is still upset that I had used an Aunt Jemina kitchen spatula to fill cracks in the driveway - and that was 20 years ago. It was her 'favorite' although there was two others in the drawer that looked a lot nicer than that one. I hear about that at least once a year.

Those square box channels were uncooperative. I don't have compressed air in my cellar so I used a flexible long wire pellet stove brush and an old curtain rod to jam in there and push it out.
I can still taste southwest dust in my mouth.
But that is better than getting a rolling pin upside the head and tasting blood.

Old 03-12-2017, 07:56 PM
bobbytnm
Roast em' if you got 'em
Received 3,841 Likes on 1,840 Posts
You sir, definitely have a big pair. My hats off to you. My wife has come to expect these types of "incidents". She must have a pretty good sense of humor as we just had our 22nd anniversary yesterday.

Several years ago, my family and some other friends decided to camp out for Thanksgiving. We smoked a 20# bird and a lot of salmon, and roasted another 20# bird. After dinner was all done and dusted and we were cleaning up the park ranger came by and caught me and my buddy trying to clean up the smoker and roaster in the state park's showers.....lol

Bobby

Old 03-12-2017, 08:09 PM
pineconeford

Originally Posted by bobbytnm
....... the park ranger came by and caught me and my buddy trying to clean up the smoker and roaster in the state park's showers.....lol

Bobby

They have guns, don't they? Hope it wasn't a female ranger and that is why you're still alive!

Old 03-12-2017, 08:30 PM
Harrier
Lead Driver
Received 764 Likes on 374 Posts
Good thing you weren't washing parts in the dishwasher. She might not have been as forgiving if you were doing that.

Old 03-12-2017, 08:43 PM
FortyNiner
Logistics Pro
Received 290 Likes on 168 Posts
Time to go on offense:
1. No hair products were used
2. You didn't use the 'good' towels to dry anything
3. You remained fully clothed for the duration
4. No intoxicating beverages were involved (going on faith here)
5. All of my truck forum buddies thought I was very sensible
6. Arizonia road crud is a natural exfoliant - offer to save some for her next spa day

That should get things off to a good start.

You're welcome.

Old 03-12-2017, 09:09 PM
Scotty's 52 F3
Fleet Mechanic
Received 56 Likes on 49 Posts
I hope you didn't taste too much of that Arizona dust. It'll give you Valley Fever!

Old 03-12-2017, 09:23 PM
3twinridges
Cargo Master
Received 177 Likes on 105 Posts
If you notice, a lot of times when there is rot in the running boards, it runs diagonal right on top of that channel. That must be why, all of that dirt holding moisture. Mine were the same way. It took me several hours to get mine clean. Back in the summer I used simple green and a pressure washer and I think that got most of it.

JB

Old 03-12-2017, 09:53 PM
firstrider
Logistics Pro

Received 119 Likes on 57 Posts
It could have been worse . Baking 3 heat ranges of stainless coating on flattie exhaust headers !!! In her NEW oven . BADDDDDDD move .

Old 03-13-2017, 06:41 AM
pineconeford

The dishwasher and oven are grounds for justifiable homicide in this household.
We have a small house and only one bathroom, so I pushed the limits enough. After 24 years together she has gotten accustomed to some of my bright ideas but those two areas would result in a found-not-guilty widow selling an un-assembled truck on Craigslist.

Tom

Old 03-13-2017, 06:58 AM
fordslut
More Turbo
Received 140 Likes on 76 Posts
Originally Posted by pineconeford
The dishwasher and oven are grounds for justifiable homicide in this household.

Tom
I washed a packing blanket that got some stinky gear oil on it from a metal cutting bandsaw I brought home on it's side. I washed it twice after midnight. it looks like new. shhh.

Old 03-13-2017, 01:57 PM
Mr. Ed
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
I hope you had a pad or towel under that so it wouldn't scratch the fiberglass.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Old 03-13-2017, 05:14 PM
petemcl
Still Learnin'
Received 38 Likes on 28 Posts
Originally Posted by firstrider
It could have been worse . Baking 3 heat ranges of stainless coating on flattie exhaust headers !!! In her NEW oven . BADDDDDDD move .
Hope you didn't eat any food prepared in that oven afterwards. Also toxic fumes are significant during.

Old 03-13-2017, 05:43 PM
pineconeford

Originally Posted by Mr. Ed
I hope you had a pad or towel under that so it wouldn't scratch the fiberglass.

Later!
Mr. Ed

Ummmmm, no.... I used the plastic hair guard over the drain to rest the point of the board on. It got beat up up in the process but they can be found at the dollar store. I was supposed to get another one on the way home from work today - but forgot.
I still have one more running board to straighten - and wash. Only I'll plan my bathroom time more carefully on this one.

Quick Reply: My wife came home early and caught me....