2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

That moment you realise...

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2017, 05:02 PM
AMXDREAMER
Posting Guru
Received 32 Likes on 22 Posts
That moment you realise...

You made a mistake when ordering your truck

I ordered a Lariat with the ultimate package and the 20" alluminum wheels etc. I looked at all the models etc at the time but figured the cost to go up to a KR or Platinum I couldn't justify. For some reason I just built a Platinum without a sunroof and the price difference would be under a thousand bucks. For that you get the better 20" wheels, LED lights, power running boards, BLIS, Platinum leather, adaptive steering and rear heated seats...what have I done?!?!?!?!?!

I was so excited and now I'm disappointed

Old 03-07-2017, 05:04 PM
44Dan44
More Turbo
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Did you get a Vin yet? Can cancel and redo easily if not.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:21 PM
69cj
Hotshot
Received 12 Likes on 11 Posts
Originally Posted by 44Dan44
Did you get a Vin yet? Can cancel and redo easily if not.
Normally, you can back out any time before you take delivery.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:24 PM
gpf2ez
Elder User
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by 69cj
Normally, you can back out any time before you take delivery.
I second this, it will cost you some extra time but that will be minimal in the long run. Order the truck you really want.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:49 PM
AMXDREAMER
Posting Guru
Just got back from the dealer. He said mine has a VIN already so he can't change it BUT he has a bunch of Platinums in the que that haven't got a VIN assigned yet that I can modify. He said the one I ordered is a beauty so he will just put it on the lot! Now I need to go over stuff tonight!

Old 03-07-2017, 06:51 PM
coolidge54
Elder User
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
The Platinum cost $2,600 more than my Lariat and that's without the $1,295 moon roof. I also don't care for the platinum tailgate or seats.

Old 03-07-2017, 06:51 PM
gpf2ez
Elder User
Received 55 Likes on 33 Posts
Originally Posted by AMXDREAMER
Just got back from the dealer. He said mine has a VIN already so he can't change it BUT he has a bunch of Platinums in the que that haven't got a VIN assigned yet that I can modify. He said the one I ordered is a beauty so he will just put it on the lot! Now I need to go over stuff tonight!
Awesome, I'm glad they were easy going.

Old 03-07-2017, 07:58 PM
jm-bc
Junior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I felt a little cornered by this problem as we wanted to keep a six passenger seat option. That disappears with the King Ranch and the Platium.

In the end, we still paid less, didn't get two features that I was concerned as being liabilities down the road and, as noted by coolidge we skipped the flashy labelling. We would have liked to get lane depature warning but it was not a base option on the Canadian Lariat build.

Old 03-07-2017, 10:06 PM
AMXDREAMER
Posting Guru
Coolidge54, maybe I had spec'd more into my Lariat but it is almost exactly 900 bucks Canadian more (confirmed at the dealer) plus the sunroof if I decide to add that.

jm-bc, what features did you think were going to be a liability down the road?

I personally want the 5 seater cab.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:08 AM
jm-bc
Junior User
Originally Posted by AMXDREAMER
jm-bc, what features did you think were going to be a liability down the road?
AMXDREAMER, I didn't say what those options were and I still won't as that is just setting myself up as a flaming troll.

I have read the opinions of others for options in this and other forums and they range from "I absolutely love option XXXX" to "I will never buy another Ford again." My truck (awaiting delivery) will not have the options in question so I will never be able to offer up a fair and honest opinion of whether or not the absence or presence of the option is a wise choice. MY options in question are not relevant to others in the context of this thread.

Here is a perspective story about my purchase. My wife really wanted the deployable running boards. I was a little hesitant as they sound like a reliability headache. The salesman pointed out that if they do become a problem later on-they are easy to rip and out and replace later. I have the deployable running boards. Remember: Happy Wife; Happy Life!

Certainly, some options are easier ignored than others if something goes wrong. Also, how long to you plan to keep the truck? If you are on the three year plan, then yes going all out sounds good to me.

I am one for always wanting to get the "Deal". I do feel a little ripped off because I would be getting so much more value if a paid a little more and got the Platinum. At the same time, I would have some anxiety about getting features that I am not comfortable having. So in the end, getting the Lariat with only the options added that I want is probably the best decision for me.

Please do what really works for you and forget about the "Deal".

Old 03-08-2017, 01:40 AM
AMXDREAMER
Posting Guru
jm-bc, I don't take your opinions as flaming in any way. I'm asking for your opinion to give me another persons point of view. The power running boards weren't a priority for me but I really liked the way they looked on other members trucks. I have a co-worker with them on his 7 year old F150 and he loves them and has never had an issue with them. Blind spot monitoring is a nice feature (we have it on the wifes 17 Escape (Titanium)), the wheels are what i wanted on the Lariat but they weren't available. Even the plastic coated wheels had to have the Chrome package. Frome everything I've read the LED headlights also work really well which is a plus. The Platinum interior has much more detail than the Lariat and the rear seat heat will be enjoyed by my son and any passengers. I do also like the platinum mirror caps, door handles, exhaust tips and trim. Seems like a lot of pluses for 900 bucks or 2500 bucks with the moonroof (Canadian), under $40 a month to have the top of the line model?

I'm very torn on what way to go!

Anyone else with opinions?

Old 03-08-2017, 01:50 AM
AMXDREAMER
Posting Guru
Does anyone have Platinum interior in black that they can post pictures of ASAP. Going to dealer in the morning...

Old 03-08-2017, 01:52 AM
jm-bc
Junior User
AXMDREAMER, can you please clarify something? My understanding is that the Moonroof is standard on the Platinum. Are you being offered a Moonroof delete option on the Platinum? If so, maybe you have found a sweet spot that a lot of people are looking for.

Old 03-08-2017, 01:56 AM
AMXDREAMER
Posting Guru
The moonroof is not standard on any trim level. In the Lariat and KR it can be ordered alone or as part of the ultimate package and Platinum its not in a package, just as a stand alone.

Old 03-08-2017, 02:14 AM
jm-bc
Junior User
error; please ignore

Last edited by jm-bc; 03-08-2017 at 02:34 AM. Reason: error

Quick Reply: That moment you realise...