1999 to 2016 Super Duty 1999 to 2016 Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty with diesel V8 and gas V8 and V10 engines
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Double din broke now I cracked my dash

Search this Thread

Old 02-11-2017, 08:54 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Received 35 Likes on 32 Posts
Double din broke now I cracked my dash

So my 300+ dollar four month old pioneer head unit took a crap today, I went to remove it and I didn't listen to the guy who sold it too me when he said to shave down the lock tabs on the install kit bracket. So after fighting with it for almost and hour I pushed too hard and split the dash clear in half! So now not only to I have to fight with pioneer over warranty or a replacement on Monday I have to buy a new dash....do we have a Ford sponsor anymore who will sell us part's for less than list? My local dealer is out of sight like usual

Old 02-11-2017, 09:35 PM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by SuperDutyScaler
So my 300+ dollar four month old pioneer head unit took a crap today, I went to remove it and I didn't listen to the guy who sold it too me when he said to shave down the lock tabs on the install kit bracket. So after fighting with it for almost and hour I pushed too hard and split the dash clear in half! So now not only to I have to fight with pioneer over warranty or a replacement on Monday I have to buy a new dash....do we have a Ford sponsor anymore who will sell us part's for less than list? My local dealer is out of sight like usual
Try an auto Wrecker/ Savage Yard. you should be able to find a good used one I would think, and it would certainly be cheaper than new I would think

Old 02-11-2017, 10:52 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
In my area of South jersey which isn't farmland there are no Ford super duties in salvage yards. They all get sent across the river to Philadelphia where they are stripped

Old 02-12-2017, 12:35 AM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
In my area of South jersey which isn't farmland there are no Ford super duties in salvage yards. They all get sent across the river to Philadelphia where they are stripped
You could always look on CL and see if there is someone selling one there or Ebay. I would try CL and see if you can fins someone with a wrecked SD that they are parting out, maybe someone has one that they will part with. Could try and negotiate to see if they will ship it to you through USPS if you dont want to drive that far. I would think they wrecker / salvage guys would ship one of they have it.

Never knew they didnt have anything like that in your neck of the woods

Old 02-12-2017, 08:23 AM
Bigpipes 35
Cargo Master
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts

Check Autonation in White bear lake mn I think they are a sponsor and their prices are really good.

Old 02-12-2017, 08:28 AM
stufarmer
Elder User
Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts
Try;
parts.autonationfordwhitebearlake.com

Old 02-12-2017, 12:17 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
I believe they are the ones I bought my 6.0 trans cooler from, I'll have to check my receipt

Old 02-13-2017, 10:32 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Well white bear is out they told me it is obsolete and even if they did have one it would be $300 plus shipping.

Old 02-13-2017, 11:22 AM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
My local dealer has one they want $250, I called this local salvage yard where in the past when you go there they're very ignorant and he said he has 3 or 4 in stock and I should come look for $45

Old 02-13-2017, 05:22 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
So I ended up going to the salvage yard I didn't want too, the boss wasn't there of course so I had to argue with the counter Guy about the quote I was given over the phone. After almost an hour of going back and forth and then waiting for the parts runner to go in the back building and search for the correct dash. I got a mint ZERO damage dash from a 2003 f250 with the dash vents, 4wd switch, airbag switch, and power pint for 40 dollars. I'm gonna cut the hole for my trans temp gauge tonight, get three or four coats of black paint on it so it matches my interior mods I did and I should be able to sell the extra part's and get my money back

Old 02-13-2017, 05:52 PM
Bigpipes 35
Cargo Master
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
So I ended up going to the salvage yard I didn't want too, the boss wasn't there of course so I had to argue with the counter Guy about the quote I was given over the phone. After almost an hour of going back and forth and then waiting for the parts runner to go in the back building and search for the correct dash. I got a mint ZERO damage dash from a 2003 f250 with the dash vents, 4wd switch, airbag switch, and power pint for 40 dollars. I'm gonna cut the hole for my trans temp gauge tonight, get three or four coats of black paint on it so it matches my interior mods I did and I should be able to sell the extra part's and get my money back

Nice score Buddy.

Old 02-13-2017, 06:42 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Yea figured Id take it on the chin and deal with the donkey behind people and buy it. I should be able to maybe double my money back I hope, if not I'm completely fine with breaking even

Old 02-13-2017, 10:49 PM
Sam I Am
Posting Guru
Received 11 Likes on 11 Posts
That's a good deal.
Are you going to Rhino line this one?

Old 02-14-2017, 12:54 AM
Pocketlint
Posting Guru
40 bucks is a hell of a lot better than the 250 bucks you got quoted. Well at least you found the part and can get the SD back to normal

Old 02-14-2017, 04:24 PM
SuperDutyScaler
Lead Driver
Originally Posted by Sam I Am
That's a good deal.
Are you going to Rhino line this one?
I never lined my dash, I painted my interior accent pieces black

Quick Reply: Double din broke now I cracked my dash