2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Super Duty factor mud flaps

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 10:24 AM
Deez-67
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
Super Duty factor mud flaps

Just got our factory mud flaps in and installed at the dealership. That was an ordeal. Anyone else having problems getting them in and or getting them installed?

Name:  IMG_6646_zps4iuhfngg.jpg
Views: 4756
Size:  161.6 KB

Old 02-08-2017, 10:47 AM
REPO.
Senior User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Is it just the picture, or are they not hanging straight......

Old 02-08-2017, 10:58 AM
Melansk
Junior User
I have the gatorbacks which came with the truck. Top part is metal and the bottom is rubber. Paint is coming off the top part in chunks. They are garbage.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:13 AM
TruckGuy@SharpTruck.com
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Melansk
I have the gatorbacks which came with the truck. Top part is metal and the bottom is rubber. Paint is coming off the top part in chunks. They are garbage.
Do you have a pic of the flaps? I would be interested in seeing what is happening?

When you say the top part is metal, are you talking about the brackets?

Also what part of the flap was painted? These flaps do have a lifetime warranty on the rubber. So if you are having issues with the flap itself putting a new piece of rubber and swapping the plate out could help.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:22 AM
TruckGuy@SharpTruck.com
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by Deez-67
Just got our factory mud flaps in and installed at the dealership. That was an ordeal. Anyone else having problems getting them in and or getting them installed?

For installation did the dealership use the no-drill brackets? That should have made install pretty straight forward for them.

Old 02-08-2017, 11:51 AM
jrodimus
Senior User
Installed these lots. Dealer should use no drill brackets on dually setup. When installed properly a grown man can hang off these flaps, I have seen it. Those flaps in the pic look to be crooked as well. Mud flaps are serious business, can make a 90,000$ truck look poor. I would consult your dealer for a re-install.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:04 PM
Deez-67
Senior User
Received 6 Likes on 1 Post
We had to take the truck in 3 times to get these flaps on. First they said they couldn't get them so we tracked down the guys making them. Then they didn't know how to install them so they wasted a day watching install videos and never got them put on. Then they installed them and drilled in the wrong spot on one of the flap. The last time they had a new set ordered and everything looks to be done right now. I'm not sure why they look crooked in the photo.

Old 02-08-2017, 12:21 PM
Melansk
Junior User
Originally Posted by TruckGuy@SharpTruck.com
Do you have a pic of the flaps? I would be interested in seeing what is happening?

When you say the top part is metal, are you talking about the brackets?

Also what part of the flap was painted? These flaps do have a lifetime warranty on the rubber. So if you are having issues with the flap itself putting a new piece of rubber and swapping the plate out could help.

For whatever reason I cannot attach the photos....

Old 02-08-2017, 12:32 PM
Melansk
Junior User
Old 02-08-2017, 02:39 PM
RJC2
Laughing Gas
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I just installed the Gatorback flaps on my truck last night. It was fairly easy with the video. I'm slow, and it took me 2.5 hours on the rear, and 1.5 hours on the fronts. The fronts are easy. I spent more time getting them perfectly straight than mounting them.

The Gatorback's that you get at the Ford dealer have the grooves in the flaps pre-cut for you. It makes the job a lot easier. These flaps are impressive and super sturdy.
I'd post a picture, but I've never learned how to do that.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:06 PM
JasonB1
Senior User

That looks way different than my install. It was a bit of a chore to get hem on, but not an ordeal.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:10 PM
RJC2
Laughing Gas
Looks like they didn't buy the mount kit. If those are steel screws, the fender will corrode. The Gatorback kit doesn't drill a hole in any part of the truck.

Old 02-08-2017, 06:14 PM
JasonB1
Senior User
Old 02-09-2017, 08:08 AM
TruckGuy@SharpTruck.com
Former Vendor
Originally Posted by JasonB1
That looks way different than my install. It was a bit of a chore to get hem on, but not an ordeal.
These flaps were installed using the powder coated offset brackets. These are used when the truck has oversized tires or a lift and you need the flaps moved away from the tire so they do not rub on the flap.

Most installs you need the no-drill brackets which i see someone posted a pic of in another post.

Old 02-09-2017, 08:14 AM
TruckGuy@SharpTruck.com
Former Vendor

Melansk,

It looks like you do have a little chipping on the edge of the offset bracket. Some general wear and tear can be expected with mud flaps given their purpose.

Since they have a black powder coat applied, I would recommend getting some truck bed liner in a can and touching them up with the liner. This will seal the brackets back up and get them looking good as new.

Quick Reply: Super Duty factor mud flaps