2017+ Super Duty The 2017+ Ford F250, F350, F450 and F550 Super Duty Pickup and Chassis Cab

Can you add Push Button Start if you have the Lariat Value Package?

Search this Thread

Old 04-02-2017, 12:56 PM
mhoefer
Postmaster
Received 11 Likes on 10 Posts
Push button start is a completely different FOB. It has an emergency use key, inside. You push a small button to release it and it slides out. The FOB is completely different and it has remote start built into pit as well.

Old 05-01-2017, 06:55 PM
BigHaus
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
any feed back in aftermarket push button

Originally Posted by Stroking2017
Ok it is possible to add Push Button start aftermarket and still use your original fob to unlock, lock, and remote start your truck. I have the fob that is in Nimrods photo. I opted to keep my fob so that I wouldn't be stuck with the cheesy aftermarket one. If you use the after market one you the doors will lock and unlock off proximity like the higher trim level Fords. I found a company in Houston who will install mine this week. The link to the product is here: Digital Guard Dawg - Keyless Ignition & Push Button Start from Digital Guard Dawg
I just picked up my 2017 Lariat, value package. I too was not willing to get the ultimate package solely due to that enormous waste of the sunroof. I did not think not having a push button would be a big deal, but times are a changing my friend. I am so use to the proximity fob I have now realized I can't live without it ( first world problems right?) I too live in the grater Houston area. I am very interested in an update on your Digital Guard Dawg experience so far and who did the install. I'm ready to pull the triger today. Also how much was the install, just curious.

Old 05-02-2017, 07:18 AM
Stroking2017
Senior User
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
At night.
I have a 2017 F-250 Lariat Value package. I was wondering if any one knew off hand if you can have push button start added on? I have remote start from the factory. Sounds $$$ if it's even possible?
Originally Posted by BigHaus
I just picked up my 2017 Lariat, value package. I too was not willing to get the ultimate package solely due to that enormous waste of the sunroof. I did not think not having a push button would be a big deal, but times are a changing my friend. I am so use to the proximity fob I have now realized I can't live without it ( first world problems right?) I too live in the grater Houston area. I am very interested in an update on your Digital Guard Dawg experience so far and who did the install. I'm ready to pull the triger today. Also how much was the install, just curious.
River Oaks Car Stero is where I had it installed. Ask for Angelo. http://www.riveroakscarstereo.com/

Installed same place as factory.
I choose the Lexus button.
My truck was their 1st 2017 SD. Plan on leaving it for the day. Price depends on what button you choose and whether or not you use the proximity fob. I chose to keep my original fob so I had to give one fob up so that the truck would still start. No biggie tho I just I had my local Ford dealer cut a new key so I would have a spare. You're looking at minimum $400 to $600. The install was only $100 in labor it was mainly parts driving up the cost. If you have the flip Key you will have to have just the blade cut somewhere as they will need that to keep the ignition unlocked. The place that did mine charged $35. If you use his guy it's $25 lesson learned . Good Luck.

Last edited by Stroking2017; 05-03-2017 at 08:29 AM. Reason: Add photo
Old 05-02-2017, 11:20 AM
BigHaus
New User
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Looks good man! Thank you very much for the reply and pics. So your key is in the key socket and they just put a cover over it? HMM. Seems odd, is the key cylinder rendered useless or can you use it as a last resort? MAN! was not expecting the install to be that high, but oh well still cheaper than paying for the Ultimate package and having the sunroof give me grief. I think I'm going to go with their "Slim" button. The guy told me it would fit right over the key cylinder area instead of drilling a hole. Sorry for all the questions but, most important question are you happy with it? Thanks again for your help.

The following users liked this post:
Old 05-02-2017, 11:40 AM
Stroking2017
Senior User
Sure no problem. I was going to go with that button at 1st but I was trying to match the factory option as close as possible. I called Digital and asked a few questions before purchasing. I wasn't sure if I'd like the glow of the slim one. Mine does glow a deep blue color. Same blue as the A/C button. I also wanted to match factory location. The replacement piece form Ford is only $60 so I wasn't worried if I needed it replace it. The steering wheel shroud is only $28 to cover up the key hole but the installer had capped it off nicely with some plastic trim he had and I was ok with how it looked so I didn't replace the shroud. If you go with the Slim post some pix please! I am happy with it because I got retain the use of lock, unlock, and remote start with factory key. I just don't have the proximity option because I wanted to keep my fob and not have to carry 2 fobs, OEM & aftermarket. Yes the key hole cylinder is used as a back up should the push button fail. It's left all intact with a copy of the blade ground down with just enough left sticking out to grab with pliers in the event you need to turn it or remove it. You have about 30 seconds to start the truck with the push button once you hit unlock on your factory OEM fob. After that time truck will not start. This is done as a security measure so that just anyone can't press the button and go. Overall I'm pretty happy with it but it's really no diff rent than using the key for the money I paid. Like you I couldn't see paying more $$ for a few extra's the Ultimate package offered. I'm considering adding the proximity option now lol. I did it mostly for looks but since you have to still hit unlock to activate it that is why I would recommend the proximity fob. Other than that I am pretty happy because normally I start the truck soon after I hit unlock on the fob so I was being cheap.

Old 04-23-2019, 02:01 PM
lam0279
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Stroking201
7;17159255
At night.

River Oaks Car Stero is where I had it installed. Ask for Angelo. River Oaks Car Stereo | Houston car stereo custom installers

Installed same place as factory.
I choose the Lexus button.
My truck was their 1st 2017 SD. Plan on leaving it for the day. Price depends on what button you choose and whether or not you use the proximity fob. I chose to keep my original fob so I had to give one fob up so that the truck would still start. No biggie tho I just I had my local Ford dealer cut a new key so I would have a spare. You're looking at minimum $400 to $600. The install was only $100 in labor it was mainly parts driving up the cost. If you have the flip Key you will have to have just the blade cut somewhere as they will need that to keep the ignition unlocked. The place that did mine charged $35. If you use his guy it's $25 lesson learned . Good Luck.
I know this is an old thread but i'm thinking getting this done. How it is holding up for you so far? thanks

Old 04-23-2019, 02:12 PM
Stroking2017
Senior User
Still functions and works great!

Old 04-25-2019, 06:21 AM
GABAR
Lead Driver
Received 238 Likes on 185 Posts
I have a 2017 F-250 Lariat Value package. I was wondering if any one knew off hand if you can have push button start added on? I have remote start from the factory. Sounds $$$ if it's even possible?
Of course it’s possible to add this feature but you have to research and purchase all of the factory parts and harnesses that are needed and then you’re going to have to use something like FORScan to go in and change the codes to activate and turn this feature on.

Old 04-13-2020, 09:50 PM
rcpd34
New User
Was the Digital Guard Dog part # PBS-X for the F250?

Old 04-14-2020, 12:19 PM
Willy Sunshine
Tuned
Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts
i see that this is an older thread, but a few important items have changed.

First in 2019, on my Lariat Ultimate the moonroof was not included or required. It was another $1400 that i would not accept for free.

i did get the push button start, key fob remote start, and Ford Pass app for remote start on my phone. I love this truck and the gadgets are growing on me. The remote start options are nice for when it is cold to warm up the interior and steering wheel.

i highly recommend if you want the remote or pushbutton start to go up a level and get it factory. All the electronics are integrated.

Old 04-02-2021, 07:25 PM
awesomo4000
Trailering
Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Does anyone have new info on this topic please?

I just received my a 2021 F550 lariat Chassis Cab. the highest level of package is "Value". Pretty Irritated that it lacks the Push Button Start I've come to expect in my last 4 platinum 350's.

I must have push button start. I'd like to keep it as close to factory as possible. The whole point was to keep the fob in the concealed tray, use the keypad to unlock and lock the truck and push to start. I hate carrying keys. I'm struggling that you cant get these refinements in cab chassis...even when the sticker's over 80k

Old 12-17-2021, 01:42 PM
Back2Gas?
More Turbo
Received 215 Likes on 131 Posts
Still seems like a relevant topic for the 2022s also. I'm thinking of the Lariat value package for many reasons, but I might miss a push start button.
Anybody adding one to the latest year models?

Old 12-01-2022, 02:37 PM
jpwblaster
1st Gear
Did you ever add the proximity fob?

Old 12-01-2022, 04:37 PM
Back2Gas?
More Turbo
Received 215 Likes on 131 Posts
Originally Posted by jpwblaster
Did you ever add the proximity fob?
Who me?
I'm still interested in adding PBS, this physical key is a pain when the other 2 vehicles are PBS...