Notices
Canadian National Chapter British Columbia, Alberta, Saskatchewan/Manitoba,Ontario and Nova Scotia

New Vehcile Warranty or Lemon Ford

Old 01-24-2017, 07:46 AM
Sleepyguy
Elder User
Sleepyguy is starting off with a positive reputation.
Thumbs down New Vehcile Warranty or Lemon Ford

I figured I should share my story. Not sure if anyone will see this but worth sharing as I am learning a lot.

My brand new truck came with 6 major defects from the factory. Bad breaks, bad paint, bad electrical (camera, center console, issues locking, and unlocking), faulty tail gate step.

Under USA law once a vehicle has been in the shop three times for the same issue it is defined as a lemon. Canada had no such law of course.

I was informed by Ford Canada that according to warranty terms one agrees to when purchasing a vehicle; Ford has the right and obligation to repair the problem. There is no time limit or stipulation on how many attempts. I am going on 7 weeks of the 16 I have owned the vehcile it has been in their possession with no end is sight.

Ford Canada does offer a trade assist program is which they will help people with trading back defective vehicles IF they exhaust all repair options. This is a key point as it can take months and months. They will not give time lines. They will also not divulge what these repair options are. There is a list just its compnsidered company perprititory.

So long story short I am ranting and this has taken a lot of time. What I have learned is:

1) Ford does not care about customers.
2) Ford or possibly other manufactures can use warranty as an excuse to "repair" a lemon for a new indefinite time frame with no penalties or repercussions.

This only effects Canadian's as USA has laws. Canada has excuses.

Old 02-20-2017, 10:25 PM
nlitend1
New User
nlitend1 is starting off with a positive reputation.
Research camvap. This is our only recourse.
good luck
​​​​​​​