Sponsored by: Moser

jbg super flex kit?

Search this Thread

Old 01-01-2017, 11:14 PM
Ferd12
New User
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
jbg super flex kit?

Hey y'all, been looking into lifts for my 79 f150, I was looking at the bronco graveyard super flex kit, and can't find much on them. Has anyone personally ran this kit? Pics would be a plus too.

Old 01-03-2017, 11:17 AM
D-rat
Elder User
Are you talking about one of the kits at this link?

SuperFlex Suspension-Broncograveyard.com

The 5" kit for my '77 is sitting in my garage. They still need to send me a couple more pieces for it (drag link and shocks) - drag link is needed on my '77 to convert to the 78-79 T style setup.

Parts appear to be of good quality. I am working on my carb issues and getting those resolved before installing. I also need to do a regear in the axles to accommodate the bigger tires. I will do a full writeup on the install if you can wait a couple months.

Old 01-03-2017, 07:53 PM
Ferd12
New User
Originally Posted by D-rat
Are you talking about one of the kits at this link?

SuperFlex Suspension-Broncograveyard.com

The 5" kit for my '77 is sitting in my garage. They still need to send me a couple more pieces for it (drag link and shocks) - drag link is needed on my '77 to convert to the 78-79 T style setup.

Parts appear to be of good quality. I am working on my carb issues and getting those resolved before installing. I also need to do a regear in the axles to accommodate the bigger tires. I will do a full writeup on the install if you can wait a couple months.
yes, I can wait, it'll be a couple months before I get the new motor in anyway

Old 01-04-2017, 03:46 PM
Tim C
Senior User
I bought a superflex 6" kit back in 2007. I have no complaints. All the parts were high quality, Dever springs. I don't have any pics from back then.

I originally used the radius arm drop brackets and stock arms but I switched over to James Duff long arms a few years ago for better ground clearance since I rock crawl with this truck.

When the above pic was taken I had moved the rear superflex springs forward to a 108" wheelbase. I also bent the right rear springs trying to climb that ledge. Shortly after this pic was taken in 2010 I back halved the truck with tube and built a four link to replace the bent spring. Like I said the parts were high quality, this failure was just abuse, plain and simple.

Heres a side shot of the truck as it sits now. The front is still the superflex springs, shocks, pitman arm, and adjustable track bar. But I have the Duff arms instead of the stock radius arms, and of course the rear is 4 link and coilovers.

Heres a shot of the front end flexing. It actually uses all of the shock travel here, one shock is fully compressed the other full extended. The truck rides pretty good, it seems a little softer than it did stock, but that could be the 42" tires at 12 psi. When it had the rear leafs it drove and handled basically like a stock truck.

Old 01-04-2017, 04:26 PM
Ferd12
New User
[thanks, looks like I've made up my mind.
Originally Posted by Tim C
I bought a superflex 6" kit back in 2007. I have no complaints. All the parts were high quality, Dever springs. I don't have any pics from back then.

I originally used the radius arm drop brackets and stock arms but I switched over to James Duff long arms a few years ago for better ground clearance since I rock crawl with this truck.

When the above pic was taken I had moved the rear superflex springs forward to a 108" wheelbase. I also bent the right rear springs trying to climb that ledge. Shortly after this pic was taken in 2010 I back halved the truck with tube and built a four link to replace the bent spring. Like I said the parts were high quality, this failure was just abuse, plain and simple.

Heres a side shot of the truck as it sits now. The front is still the superflex springs, shocks, pitman arm, and adjustable track bar. But I have the Duff arms instead of the stock radius arms, and of course the rear is 4 link and coilovers.

Heres a shot of the front end flexing. It actually uses all of the shock travel here, one shock is fully compressed the other full extended. The truck rides pretty good, it seems a little softer than it did stock, but that could be the 42" tires at 12 psi. When it had the rear leafs it drove and handled basically like a stock truck.